Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsene Wenger to U's rumour. 18:37 - Feb 17 with 601 viewsgerry_us

OK, it's me starting the rumour but I cannot understand why they would be trying to hound him out from the Gunners. Don't they appreciate what he has achieved over more than twenty years in the post? If as he says he will be managing next season "somewhere", Colchester is not such a big commute. I'm not saying our current manager is not do a reasonable job but what we need is a "name" with a proven track record to take us to another level.
Arsene Wenger to U's rumour. on 18:57 - Feb 17 with 595 viewswessex_exile

I agree on Arsene, he has consistently produced teams that play flowing attacking football the right way, that if I were a Gooner would be a delight to watch most days. Unfortunately, it hasn't produced enough trophies by modern-day standards, though to have lasted for so long without getting the boot is surely testament to how appreciative the Arsenal mandarins and supporters are of that?

Still, be careful what you wish for Gerry - Aidy was technically a "name", as in a way was Mick "Bigger B'stad..." Wadsworth amongst FA circles. Your route to "another level" might take a wholly unexpected and unwanted turn...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Arsene Wenger to U's rumour. on 19:14 - Feb 17 with 585 viewsdurham_exile

Gerry - now that would be a coup for Colchester!!!

Since I have supported Colchester some of the "names" associated with the club have been:

Jim Smith
Bobby Roberts
Alan Hunter
Jock Wallace
Mick Mills
George Burley
Phil Parkinson
Aidy Boothroyd

Arguably Jock Wallace was a big name.

If JM gets us promoted this year he will have worked wonders, with limited resources and given his inexperience at league management level.

Much depends on the injury situation of course. Next season of course I would like to see Col U back in league one but we do not want to struggle like the previous four seasons. It is a problem not helped by limited financial resources, but we are better off than many lower division teams.

Regarding Wenger's future, the press seem to be hounding him out, but unfortunately football is a results business and Wenger won 7 trophies in his first 10 years and since then the second ten has only yielded 2.

Word is that Eddie Howe could be in the frame for the Gunners but who knows?

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Arsene Wenger to U's rumour. on 19:54 - Feb 17 with 577 viewsLeadbelly

An Arsenal ST holder of my acquaintance has been hoping for a change of manager for years. His reasoning is that the same deficiencies in the squad have gone unaddressed for far too long and the club is not progressing. Not winning the PL but qualifying for the Champions League may be considered lack of progress but I'm sure it would do for the board and fans of most clubs.

ManUre have yet to really recover from Ferguson's departure, not that I'm disappointed by that. It takes time to change and build a squad and there is no guarantee Arsenal would suddenly flourish under a new manager. Quite possible they would regress for a while. Careful what you wish for, change is not always for the best.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Arsene Wenger to U's rumour. on 20:08 - Feb 17 with 574 viewsDaniel

Seeing George B*****'s name on that list, I wonder if our six-fingered friends up the A12 will take an interest in McGreal when McCarthy goes.
Arsene Wenger to U's rumour. on 20:26 - Feb 17 with 564 viewsLeadbelly

Arsene Wenger to U's rumour. on 20:08 - Feb 17 by Daniel

Seeing George B*****'s name on that list, I wonder if our six-fingered friends up the A12 will take an interest in McGreal when McCarthy goes.

Possibly, but Evans doesn't like spending money so he won't want to pay compensation. Cheaper to hire someone out of work.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Arsene Wenger to U's rumour. on 10:49 - Feb 18 with 534 viewswessex_exile

Arsene Wenger to U's rumour. on 19:14 - Feb 17 by durham_exile

Gerry - now that would be a coup for Colchester!!!

Since I have supported Colchester some of the "names" associated with the club have been:

Jim Smith
Bobby Roberts
Alan Hunter
Jock Wallace
Mick Mills
George Burley
Phil Parkinson
Aidy Boothroyd

Arguably Jock Wallace was a big name.

If JM gets us promoted this year he will have worked wonders, with limited resources and given his inexperience at league management level.

Much depends on the injury situation of course. Next season of course I would like to see Col U back in league one but we do not want to struggle like the previous four seasons. It is a problem not helped by limited financial resources, but we are better off than many lower division teams.

Regarding Wenger's future, the press seem to be hounding him out, but unfortunately football is a results business and Wenger won 7 trophies in his first 10 years and since then the second ten has only yielded 2.

Word is that Eddie Howe could be in the frame for the Gunners but who knows?

Up the U's

I heard that when played our relegation 6-pointer at Darlington towards the end of the Great Escape season, loads came down from Glasgow for the game, because it was Jock Wallace!

Up the U's

Arsene Wenger to U's rumour. on 11:41 - Feb 18 with 528 viewsdurham_exile

Arsene Wenger to U's rumour. on 10:49 - Feb 18 by wessex_exile

I heard that when played our relegation 6-pointer at Darlington towards the end of the Great Escape season, loads came down from Glasgow for the game, because it was Jock Wallace!

Wessex I reckon that is true.

When Allan Hunter played for us, a number of Irish supporters stopped me whilst on the way to the match in Layer Road to ask if Hunter was playing, they had travelled specially to watch him.

Leaving at noon for the match today.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Arsene Wenger to U's rumour. on 22:19 - Feb 23 with 464 viewsgerry_us

OK, not Wenger. How about Ranieri?
What a shocking decision that is. Not sure I have any interest in the Prem anymore. It's 10 days since he was given an overriding vote of confidence by the owners. Rather hope they get what they deserve now. Championship football.
Login to get fewer ads

Arsene Wenger to U's rumour. on 01:27 - Feb 24 with 447 viewswessex_exile

Arsene Wenger to U's rumour. on 22:19 - Feb 23 by gerry_us

OK, not Wenger. How about Ranieri?
What a shocking decision that is. Not sure I have any interest in the Prem anymore. It's 10 days since he was given an overriding vote of confidence by the owners. Rather hope they get what they deserve now. Championship football.

Disgraceful decision - Leicester City should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2017 1:32]

Up the U's

Arsene Wenger to U's rumour. on 06:07 - Feb 24 with 437 viewsbwildered

Bet he was spotted eating a pie .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024