Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cup 2022 21:09 - Jun 12 with 1074 viewsLeadbelly

In view of the action take by a number of Qatar's near neighbours is it now time time for FIFA to concede that this is, and never was, a fit and proper venue for the the World Cup?

(Boris Johnson has come out in support of Qatar which rather persuades me they are firmly in the wrong)

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

World Cup 2022 on 21:17 - Jun 12 with 1072 viewsdurham_exile

LB I suspect the financial incentives, political initiatives and all round corruption connected with this make it yet another disaster in the making.

The climate will also play a major part in the failure of this venture.

Durham_exile

World Cup 2022 on 21:27 - Jun 12 with 1070 viewsLeadbelly

World Cup 2022 on 21:17 - Jun 12 by durham_exile

LB I suspect the financial incentives, political initiatives and all round corruption connected with this make it yet another disaster in the making.

The climate will also play a major part in the failure of this venture.

All perfectly good reasons why Qatar is an unsuitable venue but the accusation of funding terrorism is of far, far greater concern to me.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

World Cup 2022 on 22:03 - Jun 12 with 1066 viewsdurham_exile

World Cup 2022 on 21:27 - Jun 12 by Leadbelly

All perfectly good reasons why Qatar is an unsuitable venue but the accusation of funding terrorism is of far, far greater concern to me.

Totally agree with you LB, very serious allegations, they are also spending £160bn In order to complete the stadia and may require a ninth one. I note that they are also due to host the 2019 World Athletics Championships.

Clearly a disaster in the making.

Durham_exile

World Cup 2022 on 22:24 - Jun 12 with 1059 viewsFruitbat

Not to mention the reported (source BBC News) 1200 (2015 figure- probably more now) ex-pat construction workers who've died working on the venues.

FIFA should be ashamed but they'll make lots of money so they won't be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024