Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston 02:34 - Oct 7 with 1141 viewsdurham_exile

After an encouraging result last weekend at Huish Park, which saw the U’s secure all three points on their travels for the first time this season, JM welcomes Steve Evans and his Stags to the WHCS.

Now forget all about the fact that Mansfield have lost their last 5 games at Colchester and haven’t beaten the U’s since 2003, this will be a tough fixture. Mansfield with an impressive victory over Notts County last week in front of 7,000 supporters will be confident that they can rewrite the record books today.

8th place in the table and with 19 points they are well placed to break into the play-off positions. Meanwhile after an indifferent start to the season the U’s are in 16th place with 12 points.

JM can welcome back Kurtis Guthrie and Craig Slater, two of his most influential players. I suspect that both will start in a 3,4,1,2 formation.

Walker with 38 saves so far this season will look to secure another clean sheet following the Yeovil game. Tuesday night a last-minute winner gave the Gills victory but JM will not worry too much about the Gillingham result. He knows that the league is crucial to our season.

If fit, then Tom Eastman will play alongside Inniss and Kent whilst Slater will join Murray, Reid and Vincent-Young with Wright, Guthrie and Hanlan which gives the team the following look:

Walker

Eastman Inniss Kent

Vincent-Young Murray Slater Reid

Wright

Guthrie Hanlan

Subs:
Gilmartin Jackson Kabamba Senior O’Sullivan James Mandron

Taking the game to the Stags is vital if we are to prevail. A good home performance in front of a 4,000 crowd is crucial to make a statement about our intentions to also fight for a top seven berth.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 15:54 - Oct 7 with 1080 viewsgerry_us

Here I am sitting by the pool sunbathing, cool drink in hand listening to soothing music and all I keep getting are interruptions from U's goal alerts. Pack it in guys, two is enough. Now back to dozing.
Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:55 - Oct 7 with 1064 viewsgerry_us

Thanks for the quiet second half guys. Good win that.
Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 17:00 - Oct 7 with 1060 viewsburnsieespana

Great win for the boys made even tastier by being on the beach although bit early for drinks since game started at 9 am where I am.
Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 17:18 - Oct 7 with 1053 viewsgerry_us

Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 17:00 - Oct 7 by burnsieespana

Great win for the boys made even tastier by being on the beach although bit early for drinks since game started at 9 am where I am.

Not TOO early then.
Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 18:00 - Oct 7 with 1038 viewsburnsieespana

Well considering it was 4 am when we stopped! Where are you Gerry?
Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 18:00 - Oct 7 with 1038 viewsdurham_exile

Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 17:18 - Oct 7 by gerry_us

Not TOO early then.

Clearly Guys you are going to have to remain on holiday if current U's results are anything to go by!!!!

Enjoy the sunshine.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 18:17 - Oct 7 with 1034 viewsbwildered

Good win at the Weston, now seven out of nine points in the league .
Two up by half time, firstly with a squared free- kick to Murray, who's low shot took a small deflection into the corner, and Mandron with a well taken header.
Murray should have wrapped game up in the second half after a break, but failed to put shot on target when it was easier to make the goalie make a save .
Apart from glancing header and fierce shot that Walker beat out, U's looked good value for the win.
Man of the Match - Loft who read game well and showed some quality in midfield .
[Post edited 9 Oct 2017 6:32]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 19:03 - Oct 7 with 1023 viewsburnsieespana

A fully fit Loft for an extended period would be a huge bonus for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 21:02 - Oct 7 with 994 viewsgerry_us

Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 18:00 - Oct 7 by burnsieespana

Well considering it was 4 am when we stopped! Where are you Gerry?

Straight down and a bit to the left, island called Porto Santo, just N of Madeira. Same time as UK at the moment.
I fondly remember my time living in Minnesota Midwest USA (-6 hours UK) when nothing got done Saturday morning until after 11.00 as kick-off was 9.00am local time.Annoyed the hell out of Mrs Gerry.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2017 21:04]
Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 16:47 - Oct 8 with 927 viewspwrightsknees

The last two results have been very encouraging, and the six points most welcome. I do think that the significant element of both results is the "nil" conceded.

Peter Taylor, Brian Clough's no.2 at Forest, said that success is built on clean sheets. Hopefully, if we can continue keeping that trend ourselves, we may become a force in this division.
Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 18:17 - Oct 8 with 910 viewsbwildered

Still nowhere near convincing at the back, despite the developing clean sheets PWK . JM seems still not too know whether to play a three or four , depending on availability .
Let's hope the clean sheets are habit forming though.
More worrying is that several loanees are starting to look out of their depth at this level, and are not bring anything extra.
On the plus side, Loft and Mandron both had decent games Saturday which was most welcome .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 21:22 - Oct 8 with 885 viewsgerry_us

Stags to be hunted down by Super U's at Fortress Weston on 18:00 - Oct 7 by durham_exile

Clearly Guys you are going to have to remain on holiday if current U's results are anything to go by!!!!

Enjoy the sunshine.

Up the U's

Fine by me, just send money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024