Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League - qualifiers and rules 13:15 - Dec 31 with 825 viewswessex_exile

With the dust settling on the U’sual Champions League qualification race, the following are through to the group stage:

noah4x4 (112pts)
thrillseeker (108pts)
mfb_cufc (holder, and 105pts)
BFG (100pts)
gerry_us (100pts)
TheHappyGooner (98pts)
RSCOSWORTH (97pts)
concordman (95pts)
burnsieespana (94pts)
Daniel (94pts)
durham_exile (92pts)
gsy163 (89pts)

Congratulations to you all, and in particular MFB for not only continuing to run an excellent prediction league, but also finding the time to comfortably qualify on points scored alone, without any need for the current holder safety net!

The 12 will be drawn into 4 groups of 3 (Groups A, B, C, D) and play off against each other predicting all of the Group of 16 matches, currently scheduled to commence on 13th February 2018.

As always, there will be no first-to-post tie-break decider this round, only most spot-ons. However, remember you are only allowed one exact match prediction with each one of your fellow group members for this entire round (1st and 2nd legs together), so first to post may be a factor. If I spot too many exact matches I will do my best to give advance warning, but please don't rely on me to do this - you must watch this one yourselves too.

Top two from each Group go through.

The 8 will then form 2 groups of 4, and play off against each other predicting all of the Quarter-final matches. Groups will be formed as follows: Winner A, Runner-Up B, Winner C, Runner-up D and Runner-up A, Winner B, Runner-up C and Winner D.

The top two from each Group will then be drawn from a hat to play off in head-to-head matches, all predicting the semi-final matches.

The finalists will play-off predicting the Champions League Final, this will include predicting different aspects of the game, not just the score - and will be submitted as concealed bids (via PM to me).

In order to randomly select the members of each group, I'd be grateful if someone could give me a number between 1 and 10.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U'sual Champions League - qualifiers and rules on 15:41 - Dec 31 with 811 viewsdurham_exile

Wessex pleased you got home safely, good to see you yesterday.

Number 4 please.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U'sual Champions League - qualifiers and rules on 16:46 - Dec 31 with 804 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - qualifiers and rules on 15:41 - Dec 31 by durham_exile

Wessex pleased you got home safely, good to see you yesterday.

Number 4 please.

Up the U's

Thanks Durham, much appreciated.

With random no. 4 chosen, the Round of 16 Groups are as follows (numbers in brackets are the qualifying rank based on points and spot-ons, with BFG and gerry_us separated by number of spot-ons, and burnsieespana and Daniel by first to post for yesterdays PL fixtures):

Group A
BFG (4)
TheHappyGooner (6)
Daniel (10)

Group B
mfb_cufc (3)
concordman (8)
burnsieespana (9)

Group C
thrillseeker (2)
durham_exile (11)
gsy163 (12)

Group D
noah4x4 (1)
gerry_us (5)
RSCOSWORTH (7)

I suppose if we're looking for Groups of Death, Daniel might be slightly uneasy in the company of big-hitters BFG and TheHappyGooner in Group A.

For Group B, the holder mfb_cufc might be a little anxious about being drawn with two solid middle-seeds in concordman and burnsieespana?

In Group C, durham_exile and gsy163 must take on the no. 2 seed thrillseeker, can both of them overcome the odds and qualify?

Group D, with no. 1 seed noah4x4, 5 seed gerry_us and 7 seed RSCOSWORTH, certainly looks like Clash of the (Three) Titans on paper.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - qualifiers and rules on 16:58 - Dec 31 with 800 viewsTheHappyGooner

All sounds very professionally run

“Our” first appearance in this.

What’s the prize ??

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

U'sual Champions League - qualifiers and rules on 17:01 - Dec 31 with 799 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League - qualifiers and rules on 16:58 - Dec 31 by TheHappyGooner

All sounds very professionally run

“Our” first appearance in this.

What’s the prize ??

Hahaha - the warm inner glow of a job well-done, and the deserved respect of your messageboard peers - I stopped doing prizes some time ago :-)

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League - qualifiers and rules on 16:01 - Jan 7 with 731 viewsTheHappyGooner

U'sual Champions League - qualifiers and rules on 17:01 - Dec 31 by wessex_exile

Hahaha - the warm inner glow of a job well-done, and the deserved respect of your messageboard peers - I stopped doing prizes some time ago :-)

In that case we won’t kill ourselves over the predictions

Might even play the second string

[Post edited 8 Jan 2018 11:45]

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

U'sual Champions League - qualifiers and rules on 18:39 - Jan 7 with 720 viewsnoah4x4

"Alexa....where do FK Spartaks Jurmala play"......

Guess what I got my wife for Christmas? Now she has somebody to talk to on a Saturday afternoon whilst giving me a clue where to research the European football clubs that I have never heard of. Despite being a former winner, I have not got a Scooby Doo about ANY European football beyond or above EFL Division One.

(answers) ......Latvian Syntop Higher League; current 2016-17 champions; stadium capacity 2,500; Chairman Josef Vukusic. No hope of conceding less than five in any EUFA Cup tie away from home. But often play in ALL white; which means offsides are rarely spotted at minus 15° in fog and completed passes merely 8%.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024