Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
STH Forum 21:19 - Mar 27 with 1368 viewsbwildered

Chairman stated that regards abuse at Stevenage last Staurday had crossed the line , life time bans on those identified .

Western Homes shirt contract up , new sponsor next season .

Contracts keep being offered but await signatures .

South stand not to be close for future FA cup games .

Although players have two year contracts, several have extra year deals on table .

New Stadium sponsor next year .

Sam Walker on demand keeper - unlikely to stay .

Deal for new training ground accepted but fell through .

West Ham Utd moving to Olympic stadium has not helped club in terms of support.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

STH Forum on 21:24 - Mar 27 with 1359 viewsthrillseeker

Thanks bwildered

A couple of things

West Ham Utd moving to Olympic stadium has not helped club in terms of support. - nor have match results

Chairman stated that regards abuse at Stevenage last Staurday had crossed the line , life time bans on those identified . - what happened,what was said etc
STH Forum on 21:35 - Mar 27 with 1347 viewsbwildered

The chairman made the statement at the very start of the forum.
Quite honest in criticism in running of club, but verbal abuse had overstepped the mark and would not be tolerated .

STH Forum on 22:00 - Mar 27 with 1336 viewsthrillseeker

Sorry I meant what happened and what was said at Stevenage?
STH Forum on 22:40 - Mar 27 with 1323 viewsdurham_exile

bwildered - thanks for the update always very interesting points.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

STH Forum on 18:41 - Mar 28 with 1270 viewsbwildered

Just a update from last night .

Seems Weston Homes unhappy with the way their sponsorship deals with stadium and shirts was released , considering the loyal support given over ten years .
The chairman did state they had others interested .
Reported in the press today Weston Homes paid 1.5 m over ten years- so perhaps the club consider this now to be outdated and need to review .

With the ten year anniversity of the move now upon us , the rent / loan to be repaid to the Council now also changes to a lump sum 150k . The previous settlement was a percentage of a gate based on 7,000 gates , worth 300k and any shortfall was topped up by the Chairman.

Bonne - Manager said he needed to move on, has he wanted first team place .

Director / Head Coach - The Director of football has to get the best value from the budget and the structure of the club is now not everyone would leave en masse . Eg Manager taking all staff .
Head Coach is responsible for first team .

STH Forum on 10:11 - Mar 29 with 1212 viewsHungryStudent

"Lifetime bans on those identified" Haha! what did I tell you, you punch him and he'll swing straight back. Brash, Abrasive and doesn't take fools lightly. Not sure this is the way to win the fans around but does he care at this point? I doubt it.

Good news on the new sponsorship deal which sounds like more money available for the club. I wonder whether this will be invested in the 1st team? Effectively we will be rent free if we can find a sponsor willing to put up more than 150K. I'm sure Cowling has this one covered.

This whole contract extension is baffling to me. Seemingly Dickenson/Lapslie have this in their contract meaning whilst their contracts are up at the end of the season, the club can enforce a year-long extension (without player consent) meaning we will see both at the *Enter Company Name* Community Stadium next season... Alas, Walker does not have this in his contract and is likely to leave.

Very interesting that we are looking to move training grounds again! We've heard in the past that Cowling wants to make us CAT 1. Does anyone know whether we can be a CAT 1 team in League 2? If not, perhaps Cowling see's the opportunity to build CAT 1 facilities, then looks to rise the leagues. Certainly indicates ambition.
STH Forum on 10:53 - Mar 29 with 1210 viewsFruitbat

STH Forum on 10:11 - Mar 29 by HungryStudent

"Lifetime bans on those identified" Haha! what did I tell you, you punch him and he'll swing straight back. Brash, Abrasive and doesn't take fools lightly. Not sure this is the way to win the fans around but does he care at this point? I doubt it.

Good news on the new sponsorship deal which sounds like more money available for the club. I wonder whether this will be invested in the 1st team? Effectively we will be rent free if we can find a sponsor willing to put up more than 150K. I'm sure Cowling has this one covered.

This whole contract extension is baffling to me. Seemingly Dickenson/Lapslie have this in their contract meaning whilst their contracts are up at the end of the season, the club can enforce a year-long extension (without player consent) meaning we will see both at the *Enter Company Name* Community Stadium next season... Alas, Walker does not have this in his contract and is likely to leave.

Very interesting that we are looking to move training grounds again! We've heard in the past that Cowling wants to make us CAT 1. Does anyone know whether we can be a CAT 1 team in League 2? If not, perhaps Cowling see's the opportunity to build CAT 1 facilities, then looks to rise the leagues. Certainly indicates ambition.

My understanding of it (and it is only my understanding so I'm quite prepared to be wrong) is that a significant barrier to CAT 1 at the moment is the lack of a covered all weather facility. There is a dome covered pitch at Warriors Rest which is probably less than a mile fom FP but, apparently, to get CAT 1 this would need to be on site.

Given the significant opposition to the training ground in the first place I would guess that there is zero chance of getting planning permission for it at FP so a move is necessary. Money then recouped by flogging FP to a developer.
STH Forum on 11:59 - Mar 29 with 1194 viewsburnsieespana

I have to say Saturday was my first away game for a couple of seasons and the bad language was a disgrace to Colchester United particularly as a number of youngsters were in the immediate vicinity. Frabkly I thought the Stevenage Stewards took the correct action by, at halftime removing several of the ringleaders.
Was surprised at the Stadoum comments but hopefully we have a better deal in the pipeline.
Does seem next year is going to be another one of upheaval but be interested to know who is contracted to stay and whose contracts are up. Am aware of Wright and Walker.
Login to get fewer ads

STH Forum on 12:44 - Mar 29 with 1185 viewsgerry_us

STH Forum on 11:59 - Mar 29 by burnsieespana

I have to say Saturday was my first away game for a couple of seasons and the bad language was a disgrace to Colchester United particularly as a number of youngsters were in the immediate vicinity. Frabkly I thought the Stevenage Stewards took the correct action by, at halftime removing several of the ringleaders.
Was surprised at the Stadoum comments but hopefully we have a better deal in the pipeline.
Does seem next year is going to be another one of upheaval but be interested to know who is contracted to stay and whose contracts are up. Am aware of Wright and Walker.

The language from the youngsters has become an epidemic over the past months. Whilst my away games have been limited this season the Grimsby, Notts. and Mansfield games were an embarrassment and not just for the football. I cannot understand the youngsters spending the money to travel if they are so obviously unhappy with the team and management. The term "supporters" does apparently not mean much to them. Perhaps they should transfer allegiance to Ippy, then they will understand that we ain't so bad after all. As far as banning them, I find it difficult it to understand how that can be enforced especially at away games when due to numbers the language is always easily heard.
No plans to see further games this season and frankly it doesn't bother me that much. How many others feel that way?
STH Forum on 14:18 - Mar 29 with 1176 viewsHungryStudent

STH Forum on 12:44 - Mar 29 by gerry_us

The language from the youngsters has become an epidemic over the past months. Whilst my away games have been limited this season the Grimsby, Notts. and Mansfield games were an embarrassment and not just for the football. I cannot understand the youngsters spending the money to travel if they are so obviously unhappy with the team and management. The term "supporters" does apparently not mean much to them. Perhaps they should transfer allegiance to Ippy, then they will understand that we ain't so bad after all. As far as banning them, I find it difficult it to understand how that can be enforced especially at away games when due to numbers the language is always easily heard.
No plans to see further games this season and frankly it doesn't bother me that much. How many others feel that way?

We've had this poor behavior from this group for years now. I remember getting into an altercation with them back in the Humes era for their behavior at Sheffield Utd away... They were consistently chanting derogatories to Humes and the team so I turned around and said a few words to them. Some started to make their way down to confront me. Nothing happened of course.

At the end of the day, it's up to the sane, rational people in the stand to deal with them. No point in relying on incompetent stewards. Time to stand up to this noisy minority and tell them to grow up or get out. They've been used to having their way for years now but once people start to confront them they'll have no clue what to do... They are mostly 12 - 18-year-olds anyway.

No issue with them voicing frustration (albeit wish they did it more logically and amicably) but when they start calling Cowling a C**t and slating the team despite winning it's gone too far and actually puts people off from going!
STH Forum on 23:03 - Mar 29 with 1136 viewsnoah4x4

The same few silly kids get chucked out at away games on a regular basis. It has almost become a game and a badge of achievement for some. They know that if they argue 'human rights' or some protection under the Criminal Justice Act they are immune from retribution. But are they truly the real issue?

The trouble with any proposed self policing is that many supporters evidently agree with what these kids are trying to achieve but NOT in the manner employed (e.g. foul language or highly personal abuse of manager and owner etc). When the "In Cowling we Rust" (which previously said "Trust") banner appeared I was surrounded by voices of approval. I then found myself explaining the limitations of Financial Fair Play, the benefits of youth development (etc) and arguing with law abiding senior citizen fans IN FAVOUR of Cowling's financial and other support; but the overwhelming voice was negative; "ten years of decline; management appointments from within; lack of engagement with fans" etc. These voices of dissent are not yet as vocal as Coventry or Blackpool fans at their lowest ebb, but we are perhaps heading there.

Banning these silly kids will achieve nothing. It needs a more open dialogue with all fans of all demographic and whatever persuasion if we are once again going to be "United". My loyalty to the club is undiminished, but when die hard mature fans start to show indifference and a lack of trust and confidence, a few silly kids are just the tip of an iceberg. It is time for unity, but Robbie perhaps needs to get on the pitch with a microphone and show us his passion..... like Delia Smith at Norwich....let's be having ya!
STH Forum on 07:17 - Mar 31 with 1047 viewsnoah4x4

A goal inside four ninutes (if we ignore eleven minutes for Luke Berry's unfortunate injury) seemed to cure everything. But I am curious to learn why a microphone was set up on the centre spot but unused? I arrived at 14:30. Was it used prior to that?
STH Forum on 10:31 - Mar 31 with 1025 viewsbwildered

Unsure Noah, most where sheltering in the concourse prior to kick off . Perhaps it will be there next Saturday for some community singing, weather permitting .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024