Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's release four 16:20 - May 8 with 1779 viewsnoah4x4

Loft, O'Sullivan, Johnstone and Slater released.

Loft always injured. No surprise. Johnstone and Slater homesick for Scotland. No surprise. But O'Sullivan is a surprise.

Last time I saw him he hit a hat trick. But apparently he didn't inspire anybody whilst on loan. Maybe attitude problems?

With Carlisle, Morecambe and Forest Green also releasing about thirty players between them will be plenty of quality in the National League.
U's release four on 16:37 - May 8 with 1768 viewsFruitbat

I thought that on the few occasions I saw a bit of O'Sullivan he looked decent enough but the fact that he failed to nail down a spot in a Torquay side getting relegated out of the NL probably tells you what you need to know.

Edit: bloody autocorrect!
[Post edited 8 May 2018 17:18]
U's release four on 17:14 - May 8 with 1761 viewsthrillseeker

Only those 4 - surely more to follow?
[Post edited 8 May 2018 17:14]
U's release four on 17:23 - May 8 with 1745 viewsbwildered

Not surprised so far , expected at least couple more !
Offers made to others out of contract, so start of a couple months of offers and counter offers. A waiting game for all .
Except Slater, Loft and Johnstone being in the higher earner bracket, so a considerable saving in the wages budget already.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

U's release four on 17:44 - May 8 with 1742 viewsLeadbelly

U's release four on 17:23 - May 8 by bwildered

Not surprised so far , expected at least couple more !
Offers made to others out of contract, so start of a couple months of offers and counter offers. A waiting game for all .
Except Slater, Loft and Johnstone being in the higher earner bracket, so a considerable saving in the wages budget already.

"a considerable saving in the wages budget already". Hopefully to be spent far more wisely than was the case last season.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

U's release four on 18:21 - May 8 with 1727 viewsdurham_exile

U's release four on 17:44 - May 8 by Leadbelly

"a considerable saving in the wages budget already". Hopefully to be spent far more wisely than was the case last season.

All the more money now to mount a serious bid for Eisa!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's release four on 10:19 - May 9 with 1656 viewsburnsieespana

Drey Wright leaving as is Walker by the looks of it.
U's release four on 11:57 - May 18 with 1477 viewsmfb_cufc

Seven more players released, all U23's.
Tarryn Allarakhia, Charley Edge, Dom Kurasik, Eli Phipps, Josh Pollard, Callum Sturgess and JJ Wilson.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 12:00]

mfb

U's release four on 14:05 - May 18 with 1450 viewsburnsieespana

To me the only surprise was Charlie Edge as thought he would make it but noah maybe can give so insight!
Login to get fewer ads

U's release four on 21:44 - May 19 with 1389 viewsnoah4x4

U's release four on 14:05 - May 18 by burnsieespana

To me the only surprise was Charlie Edge as thought he would make it but noah maybe can give so insight!

No surprises to me, except I did think Charley Edge might have come on further than he has. I suspect a major problem is getting to the right blend of skill, stamina and strength. Based on what I have seen, ALL listed/released have skill in abundance, but if they are too easily knocked off the ball they are not going to make it in adult EFL.

Transferring from boys football to men's will be a difficult step for many highly talented youngsters. Hence, it's good to get them out on loan. Tommy O'Sullivan couldn't guarantee a start at Torquay, whilst Diaz Wright has been a revelation at Braintree. Yet watching the U'23's it was difficult to choose between them. In the full men's game Diaz has proven he can do it, O'Sullivan not. I feel that we have to accept that for every dozen pupils in the Academy only two might 'graduate'. But some fans seem to have an unreasonable expectancy that every Academy will deliver a "class of 82" each and EVERY year. It just won't happen. But our pipeline is starting to deliver.
U's release four on 12:07 - Jun 27 with 1159 viewsbwildered

GREENOCK RESIGN JOHNSTONE

Greenock Morton have announced the signing of frontman Denny Johnstone on a one-year contract.

The 23-year-old returns to Cappielow for a second spell with the club following his recent release by Sky Bet League Two side Colchester United.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024