Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow 21:39 - Apr 26 with 1394 viewsdurham_exile

180 minutes from extending the season or failing to achieve a top seven place is the prospect facing the Super U’s with a challenging game at home to the MK Dons followed by the game at Sincil Bank on May 4th.

Having spent the entire season looking certs for either automatic promotion or at least a play-off place, a wretched post-Christmas series of results has left the U’s reliant on others slipping up in order to allow the unlikeliest scenario, that of securing seventh place to extend our season.

Paul Tisdale brings his Franchise to Town knowing that two victories against the U’s and Mansfield will see them go up automatically. It is up to the U’s to achieve a rare double over the MK Dons this weekend. One player that I have a lot of respect for is Kieran Agard and he is the type of striker that we have been crying out for the last four seasons. Hopefully he will be quiet and kept quiet tomorrow.

Regardless of other teams; this seventh place shoot out is between Colchester and Exeter. They play Oldham at Home and FGR Away and have the advantage of two additional points and a superior goal difference. It’s never easy when you support Colchester United, as well we know.

Dillon Barnes managed to self-destruct at Huish Park and frankly should never play for us again. It was an absolute disgrace to be sent off in such a reckless way. Tom Eastman saved the day with a well struck equaliser and that was it, another two points dropped.

Ethan Ross and the recalled Bailey Vose will now occupy the GK positions this weekend. Rene Gilmartin is still injured. Now Kane Vincent-Young is another injury doubt. The team has imploded with a string of injuries notably that of Harry Pell who has been sorely missed.

Team:

Ross

Jackson Eastman Kent Vincent-Young

Senior Saunders Lapslie

Szmodics Nouble Dickenson

Subs
Vose Chilvers Stevenson Eisa Norris Mandron Kensdale

Storm Hannah notwithstanding the weather tomorrow is likely to be 11 degrees Celsius and cloudy with precipitation at 16% and a gusty 27 mph wind.

A decent crowd in the region of 6,000 with 1,000 from Milton Keynes, Wimbledon or wherever the franchise emanates from and a blue and white tickertape reception from the faithful will create a good atmosphere and hopefully kick start an impressive home performance from the team to give hope of a rousing victory at the Champions next weekend.

Col U to win and win well to roll back the time to happier times pre-Christmas.

One thing is certain get your popcorn ready cos it’s gonna be a show.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 22:06 - Apr 26 with 1056 viewsGOSBTS

Brilliant preview Durham! Can't wait for tomorrow and to see the flags/confetti/displays in the South Stand at kick off. Hopefully Dons fans will be in good voice and the stadium will be lively. It'll be my first time in the West. I've had a mixed bag seeing the U's in the South (2 wins, 2 draws and a loss I think) so hopefully a change of scenery may bring better luck and a vital 3 points!

See you all tomorrow and up the U's!
Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 23:39 - Apr 26 with 1041 viewsgerry_us

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 22:06 - Apr 26 by GOSBTS

Brilliant preview Durham! Can't wait for tomorrow and to see the flags/confetti/displays in the South Stand at kick off. Hopefully Dons fans will be in good voice and the stadium will be lively. It'll be my first time in the West. I've had a mixed bag seeing the U's in the South (2 wins, 2 draws and a loss I think) so hopefully a change of scenery may bring better luck and a vital 3 points!

See you all tomorrow and up the U's!

2 wins ,2 draws and a loss GOS? Keep it to yourself mate as Durham will get extremely jealous of a record like that!
Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 07:15 - Apr 27 with 1022 viewsdurham_exile

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 23:39 - Apr 26 by gerry_us

2 wins ,2 draws and a loss GOS? Keep it to yourself mate as Durham will get extremely jealous of a record like that!

Gerry I certainly know how to pick the games but today I sense real optimism for the result.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 08:50 - Apr 27 with 1012 viewsGOSBTS

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 23:39 - Apr 26 by gerry_us

True, I guess it could be worse...
Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 11:22 - Apr 27 with 996 viewswessex_exile

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 08:50 - Apr 27 by GOSBTS

True, I guess it could be worse...

8pts from 5 games is slightly better form than the U's, so glad you're at the match today :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 15:05 - Apr 27 with 960 viewswessex_exile

SAMMIE!!!!!!

1-0 to the U's!

Come on!

Up the U's

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 15:11 - Apr 27 with 958 viewswessex_exile

Carlisle winning 2-0, Newport winning 1-0.

Up the U's

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 15:24 - Apr 27 with 948 viewswessex_exile

Carlisle now winning 3-0, but all that need concern us is winning today - Come on U's!

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 15:36 - Apr 27 with 943 viewsLeadbelly

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 15:24 - Apr 27 by wessex_exile

Carlisle now winning 3-0, but all that need concern us is winning today - Come on U's!

Carlisle now winning 4-0. One more and they’ll go above us. Absolutely have to win today.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 15:46 - Apr 27 with 942 viewswessex_exile

Crawley pull one back!

Up the U's

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 15:47 - Apr 27 with 940 viewsLeadbelly

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 15:46 - Apr 27 by wessex_exile

Crawley pull one back!

Handy!

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 16:09 - Apr 27 with 927 viewswessex_exile

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 15:47 - Apr 27 by Leadbelly

Handy!

Even handier - Frankie Kent makes it 2-0 to the U's!!!!

Up the U's

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 16:36 - Apr 27 with 918 viewswessex_exile

Stevenage 1-0 up at Mansfield.

Up the U's

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 16:39 - Apr 27 with 915 viewswessex_exile

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 16:36 - Apr 27 by wessex_exile

Stevenage 1-0 up at Mansfield.

Crawley get a second!

edit: or rather Carlisle do, it was an own goal :-)
[Post edited 27 Apr 2019 16:40]

Up the U's

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 16:47 - Apr 27 with 907 viewswessex_exile

Exeter 1-0 up, but Mansfield have equalised against Stevenage - cancelling out our bete noire Guthrie's opener.

Up the U's

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 16:58 - Apr 27 with 899 viewsLeadbelly

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 16:47 - Apr 27 by wessex_exile

Exeter 1-0 up, but Mansfield have equalised against Stevenage - cancelling out our bete noire Guthrie's opener.

Stevenage score a winner in injury time.

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 17:21 - Apr 27 with 885 viewswessex_exile

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 16:58 - Apr 27 by Leadbelly

Stevenage score a winner in injury time.

Unfortunately, but it doesn't make much of a difference.

Nothing changes the fact we have to win at Lincoln.

Exeter have to lose at FGR, or draw if we can win at Lincoln by 2 goals (our goals scored is superior).

If we win at Lincoln, none of the chasing pack can realistically catch us because of our superior goal difference, apart from...

Newport - who have a game in hand at home to Oldham next Tuesday, but a significantly inferior GD. Worst case scenario, they win mid-week by a modest margin, they will have to lose next Saturday away at Morecambe.

Gotta love following the U's eh? :-)

Up the U's

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 17:29 - Apr 27 with 879 viewspwrightsknees

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 17:21 - Apr 27 by wessex_exile

Unfortunately, but it doesn't make much of a difference.

Nothing changes the fact we have to win at Lincoln.

Exeter have to lose at FGR, or draw if we can win at Lincoln by 2 goals (our goals scored is superior).

If we win at Lincoln, none of the chasing pack can realistically catch us because of our superior goal difference, apart from...

Newport - who have a game in hand at home to Oldham next Tuesday, but a significantly inferior GD. Worst case scenario, they win mid-week by a modest margin, they will have to lose next Saturday away at Morecambe.

Gotta love following the U's eh? :-)

Well done Wessex. I'm sure that if it hadn't been for having to work out the various permutations of the U's chances of getting promotion or avoiding relegation down the seasons, I would never have passed my maths O-level.
Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 17:41 - Apr 27 with 872 viewsburnsieespana

The tradegy of this season is the so stupid points dropped as we could so easily be going up automatically.
Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 17:55 - Apr 27 with 864 viewswessex_exile

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 17:41 - Apr 27 by burnsieespana

The tradegy of this season is the so stupid points dropped as we could so easily be going up automatically.

Sadly so, but that's football for you, and probably why we love it and hate it in equal measure. We won the Conference because of Scott Barrett's 90 yard goal at Wycombe, were promoted to the Championship because Yeovil hit the post rather than scoring, and in the 90s snatched a play-off place against the odds when (who - can't remember the player?) miss-hit a cross at Layer Rd to score and beat (I think) Doncaster 1-0.

We are where we are, and we're still in with a shout.

Up the U's

Up the U's

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 18:51 - Apr 27 with 833 viewspwrightsknees

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 17:41 - Apr 27 by burnsieespana

Yes. but all teams, even the very best, go through a bad patch at sometime throughout a season. Unfortunately, ours came at just about the worst time possible.
Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 19:03 - Apr 27 with 828 viewsdurham_exile

Thoroughly enjoyable game and a deserved victory and double over the franchise.
Victory at Sincil Bank is what we must achieve and hope that FGR defeat the Grecians.
More of that to come during the week in the meantime just enjoying the moment.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 20:08 - Apr 27 with 801 viewsFruitbat

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 17:55 - Apr 27 by wessex_exile

Sadly so, but that's football for you, and probably why we love it and hate it in equal measure. We won the Conference because of Scott Barrett's 90 yard goal at Wycombe, were promoted to the Championship because Yeovil hit the post rather than scoring, and in the 90s snatched a play-off place against the odds when (who - can't remember the player?) miss-hit a cross at Layer Rd to score and beat (I think) Doncaster 1-0.

We are where we are, and we're still in with a shout.

Up the U's

Paul Gibbs?
Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 21:38 - Apr 27 with 770 viewsGOSBTS

What a brilliant match today. Firstly, it was so good to see all four stands in the ground full with people. The fundraising effort of those in the South Stand looked fantastic and the Dons fans played their part at the beginning of the game. Surely a foretaste of what life could regularly be like in League One playing teams who bring decent away followings. Marvellous.

Col U were brilliant and dominated pretty much from start to finish. MK just weren't at the races today and Colchester could have easy won 5-0. Sammie was excellent and his passion for Colchester really showed. Frank did his job very well up top. My only gripe was Senior testing my Christian levels of forgiveness when he failed to pass to Sammie in the 2-on-1 in the second half which would have nailed on 3-0 and put the game to bed. Thankfully the Dons goal shortly after was ruled offside and we saw the game out. Courtney has such talent but my word, his decision making sometimes!!

Anyway, that aside, a proud day to follow the U's. Such a shame Exeter won against Oldham (especially as I misheard the tannoy announcement and thought it had ended 1-1, only to get a text from my brother-in-law saying otherwise!) but anything could happen next week against Lincoln. I really hope the season doesn't end there as this is too talented a group not to have a shot at promotion via Wembley.

As a complete aside, can anybody tell me why MK Dons fans were all in orange? I swear their colours are white and gold and that away kit was red...
Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 21:57 - Apr 27 with 766 viewswessex_exile

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 20:08 - Apr 27 by Fruitbat

Paul Gibbs?

Think you're right Fruity - I know I was barside and had perfect view of watching it sail in over the 'keepers head :-)

GOSBTS - it was #orange4lewie day for the mongs, celebrating Dean Lewington's impending retirement from football at the end of this season, and (I think) the only player to transfer across from the real Wimbledon to the franchise - not something I'd celebrate, that's for sure.

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024