Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome back Macauley Bonne 15:29 - Jun 17 with 1084 viewsLeadbelly

For a pre-season anyway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48664628

Other outlets report £200k release clause was triggered and that Col U is in line for 30%.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Welcome back Macauley Bonne on 18:12 - Jun 17 with 1059 viewsburnsieespana

Give our transfer kitty a boost.
Welcome back Macauley Bonne on 19:41 - Jun 17 with 1050 viewsgerry_us

Just goes to prove what a DH we have got as a manager. I would be interested to know how many 90 minute games he played for us having in mind his usage was normally 2 to 5 minutes before the end of the game.
How soon before Junior suffers a similar fate and then turns up in the Championship; in fact any one of our "junior" players?
You think you are upset Durham....Grrrr.
Welcome back Macauley Bonne on 21:06 - Jun 17 with 1040 viewsbwildered

Charlton manager Lee Bowyer failed to agree a contract and is set to leave . Rather strange that you sign for another club without knowing who is the boss .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Welcome back Macauley Bonne on 23:44 - Jun 17 with 1024 viewsdurham_exile

Welcome back Macauley Bonne on 19:41 - Jun 17 by gerry_us

Just goes to prove what a DH we have got as a manager. I would be interested to know how many 90 minute games he played for us having in mind his usage was normally 2 to 5 minutes before the end of the game.
How soon before Junior suffers a similar fate and then turns up in the Championship; in fact any one of our "junior" players?
You think you are upset Durham....Grrrr.

Gerry
Macca Bonne started 25 games for the U's and was used as a sub for another 59 games he scored 15 total goals

The whole matter is a total disgrace.
Charlton are reported to be paying 200k for his services

The irony is he will probably play the full 90 mins in pre season against his old club

Angry yes certainly but I am incandescent with rage.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Welcome back Macauley Bonne on 07:53 - Jun 18 with 1010 viewsnoah4x4

I wonder, did becoming a Zimbabwean International as a teenager create "attitude" problems? Medy Elito and Dominic Vose perhaps fit the same bill and it took a few years for them to take personal responsibility, with one making a return to the EFL and the other not. We don't see what goes on in training and many young talented players are more bling than professional. I recall Bonne making a promotional TV feature saying he deserved a second break in the top divisions. For his sake, I hope he seizes on this opportunity.

Frankly, I didn't rate Bonne because whilst he could score goals, his work rate compared to (say) Jabo Ibrehe was poor. That's probably why he was used as an "Impact Player" from the bench and not trusted over 90 minutes. I don't blame managers for not gambling on lazy or players with "attitude". I am sure Bonne was hurting in non-league football. Let's hope enough for him to now apply himself and seize this second opportunity in the EFL. If he puts in the full shift desired, he can make it.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2019 7:54]
Welcome back Macauley Bonne on 08:42 - Jun 18 with 1002 viewsdurham_exile

Welcome back Macauley Bonne on 07:53 - Jun 18 by noah4x4

I wonder, did becoming a Zimbabwean International as a teenager create "attitude" problems? Medy Elito and Dominic Vose perhaps fit the same bill and it took a few years for them to take personal responsibility, with one making a return to the EFL and the other not. We don't see what goes on in training and many young talented players are more bling than professional. I recall Bonne making a promotional TV feature saying he deserved a second break in the top divisions. For his sake, I hope he seizes on this opportunity.

Frankly, I didn't rate Bonne because whilst he could score goals, his work rate compared to (say) Jabo Ibrehe was poor. That's probably why he was used as an "Impact Player" from the bench and not trusted over 90 minutes. I don't blame managers for not gambling on lazy or players with "attitude". I am sure Bonne was hurting in non-league football. Let's hope enough for him to now apply himself and seize this second opportunity in the EFL. If he puts in the full shift desired, he can make it.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2019 7:54]

Noah I'm all for players being used in the supersub category or impact players as you mention but Macca Bonne was normally brought on after 88 minutes.

I'm sorry but he was never given a fair chance at Colchester and the club made a total nonsense of their relationship with him.

Another ex super U to watch out this year is Freddie Ladapo.

I appreciate that some players slip through the net but we don't have a stellar record of nurturing such talent.

In the meantime the transfer drums have fallen silent.

Kane Hemmings remains available however.

Up the depleted U's

UTU's

Durham_exile

Welcome back Macauley Bonne on 11:14 - Jun 18 with 994 viewsburnsieespana

The sheer beauty of football. Personally never saw Bonne anymore than I did Lapedo as players likely to make it even in Div 2 let alone higher.
At the time they were both coming through we had a considerable turnover of Managers and there lies the problem.
Maybe both had to go out into the world to 'fi D themselves' but at least with Bonne we have got some cash. When u think about it, if £200k is true it is not a lot for a Championship club to pay so all the media talk of much higher figures is laughable since seems the release clause was £200k.
Antway I hope for some transfer action for us very soon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024