Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The exodus has started...... 17:15 - May 30 with 1183 viewsdurham_exile

Brennan Dickenson, another very good player under-utilised by JM has gone to the Franchise on a free transfer.

Colchester want to sign Joel Grant from Plymouth but no firm news on this possible transfer.

Up the beleaguered U's
[Post edited 30 May 2019 19:06]

Durham_exile

The exodus has started...... on 18:14 - May 30 with 1157 viewsgerry_us

Probably our most consistent player last season. Ergo .. McG was obviously going to ship him out. Clueless.
The exodus has started...... on 19:58 - May 30 with 1114 viewswessex_exile

The exodus has started...... on 18:14 - May 30 by gerry_us

Probably our most consistent player last season. Ergo .. McG was obviously going to ship him out. Clueless.

I'm disappointed to see Brennan leave, but in the interest of balance we may well have offered him a new contract, but simply couldn't compete with whatever McDongs offered to play League 1 football next season?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The exodus has started...... on 20:14 - May 30 with 1110 viewsbwildered

Cannot blame him wanting to get a wage increase and play next level up. Perhaps it is time for Louis Dunne to step up to the plate.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The exodus has started...... on 20:45 - May 30 with 1104 viewsburnsieespana

The exodus has started...... on 19:58 - May 30 by wessex_exile

I'm disappointed to see Brennan leave, but in the interest of balance we may well have offered him a new contract, but simply couldn't compete with whatever McDongs offered to play League 1 football next season?

Gazette alluded to just that. Franchise able to offer more money than us because of playing Div 1 abs stadium size.
The exodus has started...... on 21:39 - May 30 with 1093 viewsLeadbelly

The exodus has started...... on 20:45 - May 30 by burnsieespana

Gazette alluded to just that. Franchise able to offer more money than us because of playing Div 1 abs stadium size.

Humes referred to it as “a good offer”. Also the chance to play at a higher level. Makes good sense for Dickenson.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The exodus has started...... on 21:54 - May 30 with 1090 viewsdurham_exile

The exodus has started...... on 20:45 - May 30 by burnsieespana

No I can't accept this reasoning.

We have lost Dickenson because we have not shown the determination or ambition to achieve promotion over the previous three seasons.

The league two play off final this year was abysmal and there is no doubt in my mind that we would have gained promotion if we had finished in seventh place.

Those appalling defeats after Christmas cost us dearly and when we finally got our act together after the Yeovil debacle despite the splendid victories against Lincoln and The Franchise we were dependent on other resultsgoing our way. When Matt scored after 87th minute for Newport our season was over.

Just one more victory ultimately would have sealed that elusive play off position.

This sadly is the lot of the Colchester United supporter.

Of all the players that I thought we would lose, Szmodics, Vincent-Young, Kent etc I thought that Dickenson would stay but Tisdale is a wily manager and saw how effective Dickenson was against his team even though he was being played out of position at left back instead of left winger.

Promotion to league one would have ensured that Dickenson would have stayed but while we flatter to deceive, our best players will continue to leave.

We have the ground, training facilities, proximity to the smoke and potential for a higher standard of football but until we can achieve that we will continue to lose our better players.

Angry damn right I am and incandescent, seething and fed up with yet another wasted season. Oh and don't get me started on our appalling record in the cup competitions.

The time has come to get a manager in who can secure promotion, JM has tried and failed over three successive seasons. Enough is enough.

Up the U's
[Post edited 30 May 2019 21:55]

Durham_exile

The exodus has started...... on 22:02 - May 30 with 1085 viewsmfb_cufc

Disappointed that he is leaving, but I don't think he has been the same player since his bad injury as he was before then.

mfb

The exodus has started...... on 00:08 - May 31 with 1063 viewswessex_exile

The exodus has started...... on 21:54 - May 30 by durham_exile

We have lost Dickenson because we have not shown the determination or ambition to achieve promotion over the previous three seasons.

The league two play off final this year was abysmal and there is no doubt in my mind that we would have gained promotion if we had finished in seventh place.

Those appalling defeats after Christmas cost us dearly and when we finally got our act together after the Yeovil debacle despite the splendid victories against Lincoln and The Franchise we were dependent on other resultsgoing our way. When Matt scored after 87th minute for Newport our season was over.

Just one more victory ultimately would have sealed that elusive play off position.

Of all the players that I thought we would lose, Szmodics, Vincent-Young, Kent etc I thought that Dickenson would stay but Tisdale is a wily manager and saw how effective Dickenson was against his team even though he was being played out of position at left back instead of left winger.

Promotion to league one would have ensured that Dickenson would have stayed but while we flatter to deceive, our best players will continue to leave.

We have the ground, training facilities, proximity to the smoke and potential for a higher standard of football but until we can achieve that we will continue to lose our better players.

Angry damn right I am and incandescent, seething and fed up with yet another wasted season. Oh and don't get me started on our appalling record in the cup competitions.

The time has come to get a manager in who can secure promotion, JM has tried and failed over three successive seasons. Enough is enough.

Up the U's

I totally get the frustration Durham, believe me. However, had we got promoted alongside the franchise Brennan was still out of contract and available on a free. They would have taken him regardless, as I suspect he’s now doubled his wages.

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

The exodus has started...... on 09:03 - May 31 with 1033 viewsburnsieespana

Durham nobody is more frustrated than me because based on the play off finals, fact we conclusively beat the franchise just before Xmas we should have got automatic promotion with last seasons squad.
We must brace ourselves for a few more to go and hope we can replace well.
Anybody know anything about this Grant fellow we are supposedly wanting to sign from Plymouth?
The exodus has started...... on 10:45 - May 31 with 1014 viewsMoor_Pinot

The exodus has started...... on 21:54 - May 30 by durham_exile

Up the U's

I thought two or three weeks birdwatching and staging latest exhibition would help.................but nope, I am still seething too Durham.

The insipid radio responses from a manager less eloquent than my cat after every toothless performance from November to April is why we have less to look forward to than we should. His words after the Yeovil draw will irk for years.
We may still lose the likes of Dickinson who can double his wages whatever league we are in but this year's squad was league One ready. By August it won't be.
And why would Plymouth get rid of someone to us? Plymouth, Bradford, Oldham, Mansfield, Scunny & probably one of the promoted two will make life difficult for everyone else in 19-20.

The seething goes on Durham, oh yes it does. Best wishes to Brennan and the others that will be off. There's nowt we can do about it now.

Moor Pinot

The exodus has started...... on 15:40 - May 31 with 986 viewsdurham_exile

The exodus has started...... on 09:03 - May 31 by burnsieespana

Durham nobody is more frustrated than me because based on the play off finals, fact we conclusively beat the franchise just before Xmas we should have got automatic promotion with last seasons squad.
We must brace ourselves for a few more to go and hope we can replace well.
Anybody know anything about this Grant fellow we are supposedly wanting to sign from Plymouth?

burnsie - I don't know very much about Joel Grant. Although he has recently played for both Exeter and Plymouth I can't remember him playing against Colchester.

He is 31 and 1.75m tall a Londoner and plays as a right winger or second striker.

Last season he played 17 times for Plymouth and scored 4 goals. Has turned down another contract with Plymouth and is looking to get back closer to London.

I suspect we are fishing in this type of pool and sadly have to accept the situation now that we are entering a fourth season in the basement league.

We must be very keen on signing him to have gone public so early.

At present I remain very disappointed and annoyed with the state of the club and whilst I will be back in August for another season supporting the U's we are advancing backwards as someone might have said some years ago.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The exodus has started...... on 16:21 - May 31 with 978 viewsFruitbat

The exodus has started...... on 15:40 - May 31 by durham_exile

burnsie - I don't know very much about Joel Grant. Although he has recently played for both Exeter and Plymouth I can't remember him playing against Colchester.

He is 31 and 1.75m tall a Londoner and plays as a right winger or second striker.

Last season he played 17 times for Plymouth and scored 4 goals. Has turned down another contract with Plymouth and is looking to get back closer to London.

I suspect we are fishing in this type of pool and sadly have to accept the situation now that we are entering a fourth season in the basement league.

We must be very keen on signing him to have gone public so early.

At present I remain very disappointed and annoyed with the state of the club and whilst I will be back in August for another season supporting the U's we are advancing backwards as someone might have said some years ago.

Up the U's

The fact that he's 31 makes me doubt this one. Doesn't seem like our kind of signing , when was the last time we signed someone over 30?
The exodus has started...... on 16:42 - May 31 with 975 viewsdurham_exile

The exodus has started...... on 16:21 - May 31 by Fruitbat

The fact that he's 31 makes me doubt this one. Doesn't seem like our kind of signing , when was the last time we signed someone over 30?

Sam Saunders at 35 was signed on a short term loan and he added some valuable experience at a time when we required midfield cover.

I can only imagine that Grant would offer similar cover on the wing or up front.

If Harry Pell and Ben Stevenson return fully fit in August then our midfield woes will be eased somewhat.

If Kane Vincent-Young is also fit in August then there would be no need to play a winger out of position as left back.

We still need another striker urgently though.

Plenty of time to secure the key signings during the summer but we must cling onto our better players if a serious promotion challenge is to be mounted next season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The exodus has started...... on 17:41 - May 31 with 957 viewsLeadbelly

The exodus has started...... on 16:21 - May 31 by Fruitbat

Agreed. Much too old for the U23s.

The exodus has started...... on 21:06 - May 31 with 937 viewsGOSBTS

Meanwhile newly promoted Salford City have just bought Richie Towell, formerly a Brighton player on loan at Rotherham. The fact that he's lower Championship/upper League One quality indicates that the new boys must have a fair bit of cash!
The exodus has started...... on 11:37 - Jun 1 with 885 viewsMoor_Pinot

The exodus has started...... on 21:06 - May 31 by GOSBTS

Meanwhile newly promoted Salford City have just bought Richie Towell, formerly a Brighton player on loan at Rotherham. The fact that he's lower Championship/upper League One quality indicates that the new boys must have a fair bit of cash!

They will be strong contenders.
They have a recent consistent culture of winning and knowing how best to do so.

We do not.

Not since 2005-2007 have we been remotely consistent in our aims/methodology.management. So our results speak volumes.

I am sure Towell will not be their last significant signing.

Moor Pinot

The exodus has started...... on 11:58 - Jun 1 with 884 viewsgerry_us

The exodus has started...... on 11:37 - Jun 1 by Moor_Pinot

They will be strong contenders.
They have a recent consistent culture of winning and knowing how best to do so.

We do not.

Not since 2005-2007 have we been remotely consistent in our aims/methodology.management. So our results speak volumes.

I am sure Towell will not be their last significant signing.

And Salford have a hell of a lot more money input than we could ever hope for!
The exodus has started...... on 12:33 - Jun 1 with 882 viewsLeadbelly

The exodus has started...... on 11:58 - Jun 1 by gerry_us

And Salford have a hell of a lot more money input than we could ever hope for!

But their management team and DoF are not of the same calibre as ours.

The exodus has started...... on 14:49 - Jun 1 with 875 viewsdurham_exile

The exodus has started...... on 21:06 - May 31 by GOSBTS

Hopefully, unlike Andy Ruiz's corner tonight, JM won't be throwing the "Towel" in too early next season!

I have a sneak feeling that the computer will select the U's to play Salford City Reds on the opening day of the season!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The exodus has started...... on 17:55 - Jun 1 with 859 viewsmfb_cufc

The exodus has started...... on 14:49 - Jun 1 by durham_exile

Hopefully, unlike Andy Ruiz's corner tonight, JM won't be throwing the "Towel" in too early next season!

I have a sneak feeling that the computer will select the U's to play Salford City Reds on the opening day of the season!

Up the U's

Might be a good time to play them, before their new signings have bedded in properly. Just like last season when it was good to play title favourites Notts County, and get a decent draw. Ahem.

mfb

The exodus has started...... on 16:40 - Jun 3 with 772 viewsdurham_exile

Now Greg Halford at 34 years of age and a free agent after his contract finished at Aberdeen is not ruling out a return to Colchester.

Great experience yes but can he still do a job for the mighty U's

We will see in the coming weeks.

UTU's

Durham_exile

The exodus has started...... on 17:52 - Jun 3 with 762 viewswessex_exile

The exodus has started...... on 16:40 - Jun 3 by durham_exile

Now Greg Halford at 34 years of age and a free agent after his contract finished at Aberdeen is not ruling out a return to Colchester.

Great experience yes but can he still do a job for the mighty U's

We will see in the coming weeks.

UTU's

Obviously a massive Col U legend, who I'm sure the fans would love to see pull on the blue and white stripes for one more season. If money was no object, I'd love to see him back at Col U.

Do we actually need him though? We're definitely a bit short on left-sided/ left-footed players now that Dicko has moved on, but unless there are other announcements to follow, do we have that problem on the right side?

Maybe as a centre-back, but he'd command a substantial salary I expect?

Up the U's

The exodus has started...... on 20:11 - Jun 3 with 743 viewsLeadbelly

The exodus has started...... on 17:52 - Jun 3 by wessex_exile

Obviously a massive Col U legend, who I'm sure the fans would love to see pull on the blue and white stripes for one more season. If money was no object, I'd love to see him back at Col U.

Do we actually need him though? We're definitely a bit short on left-sided/ left-footed players now that Dicko has moved on, but unless there are other announcements to follow, do we have that problem on the right side?

Maybe as a centre-back, but he'd command a substantial salary I expect?

We could always ask for a home club discount.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024