Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS 23:34 - Dec 20 with 1061 viewsdurham_exile

Christmas present duties this weekend in the Midlands so will keep this brief.

After the excitement of the occasion at OT and plenty of column inches in the national press it is back to arguably the most important prize automatic promotion to league one.

Carlisle another team in form and led by Chris Beech make the journey to Colchester on Saturday.

JM must decide whether to make any changes from the heroic XI who played at OT.

I would select

Gerken

Jackson Eastman Prosser Bramall

Lapslie Stevenson Comley

Harriott Norris Nouble

Subs
Ross Sowunmi Clampin Brown Pell Poku Gambin

Harry Pell has to sort himself out and JM must decide whether Junior is to be utilised.

The physical demands on the players at OT were great and so we must guard against any hangover from the match.

It would be great to see 5,000 at home tomorrow but realistically 3,500 would be good.

Three points is a must with eminently winnable games over Christmas and New Year.

Enjoy the game.

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to fellow boarders.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 09:27 - Dec 21 with 1040 viewswessex_exile

Succinct, to the point, and no debate about it Durham - big-earning glamour cup ties against Premier League sides are all well and good, but promotion is far more important. I agree with Pell, he’s looked off the pace and off his game pretty much since he’s been back, even including his goal-scoring game against Salford. Think he needs a spell on the bench until his mojo is properly going again.

No after the Lord Mayor’s show today please U’s - let’s do against Carlisle what we couldn’t quite do against Man U, and ease to a comfortable victory 😁

Up the U’s!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 11:11 - Dec 21 with 1021 viewsGOSBTS

In London today for a family meet up so shan’t be there today sadly. I’m going for a 2-1 U’s win, with Nozza and Nouble to score.

Up the U’s!
Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 15:04 - Dec 21 with 997 viewsburnsieespana

Few surprises in team.
No Gerken or Norris so assume injured or ill.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 15:05]
Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 15:13 - Dec 21 with 985 viewsgerry_us

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 15:04 - Dec 21 by burnsieespana

Few surprises in team.
No Gerken or Norris so assume injured or ill.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 15:05]

More of a mystery, Man U MOM Tom Lapslie warming the bench?
Good news that Nouble is also benched although I admit I do not understand the McG philosophy, but then never have.
Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 15:38 - Dec 21 with 981 viewsgerry_us

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 15:13 - Dec 21 by gerry_us

More of a mystery, Man U MOM Tom Lapslie warming the bench?
Good news that Nouble is also benched although I admit I do not understand the McG philosophy, but then never have.

Obviously not missing our goalscorers.
1-0 U's own goal. That'll do.
OK, maybe missing strikers
2-0 Aynsley H
Missing Nouble and Norris...nope
3-0
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 16:14]
Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 16:14 - Dec 21 with 971 viewswessex_exile

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 15:38 - Dec 21 by gerry_us

Obviously not missing our goalscorers.
1-0 U's own goal. That'll do.
OK, maybe missing strikers
2-0 Aynsley H
Missing Nouble and Norris...nope
3-0
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 16:14]

3-0 - or 3-3 on aggregate for the last two games :-)

Up the U's

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 16:51 - Dec 21 with 963 viewsdurham_exile

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 16:14 - Dec 21 by wessex_exile

3-0 - or 3-3 on aggregate for the last two games :-)

We lost 4-0 at this time last year in shocking conditions so this has exacted some revenge.

More importantly an important victory at a critical stage of the season.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 17:24 - Dec 21 with 950 viewswessex_exile

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 16:51 - Dec 21 by durham_exile

We lost 4-0 at this time last year in shocking conditions so this has exacted some revenge.

More importantly an important victory at a critical stage of the season.

UTU's

...and apart from Crewe, everyone above us dropped points today.

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 18:38 - Dec 21 with 931 viewsburnsieespana

And think I am right in saying Ross has yet to concede a goal in a league game!
Our GD been improved as well.
Keep this up and we could be well on the tails of the top three come the New year.
Plus the tractor boys got beaten again.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 18:55]
Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 19:23 - Dec 21 with 911 viewsdurham_exile

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 18:38 - Dec 21 by burnsieespana

And think I am right in saying Ross has yet to concede a goal in a league game!
Our GD been improved as well.
Keep this up and we could be well on the tails of the top three come the New year.
Plus the tractor boys got beaten again.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2019 18:55]

Cohen Bramall scored another superb free kick.

The pitch looked better than the description prior to the game.

A very good win going into the Christmas fixtures.

Orient need to be seen off on Boxing Day in front of a bumper crowd and with great travelling support.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 19:35 - Dec 21 with 900 viewsLeadbelly

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 19:23 - Dec 21 by durham_exile

Cohen Bramall scored another superb free kick.

The pitch looked better than the description prior to the game.

A very good win going into the Christmas fixtures.

Orient need to be seen off on Boxing Day in front of a bumper crowd and with great travelling support.

UTU's

Pitch held up well considering the amount of rain but it had been covered. There was some sand in the corners and in patches along the touch line. Attendance 3,164.

Best Us performance I’ve seen this season and a thoroughly deserved three points. Surprising what we can do when we attack!

First time I’ve seen Ross play. If he is our back up ‘keeper then we should all be very happy...certainly far better than Carlisle’s stopper.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 20:21 - Dec 21 with 892 viewsdurham_exile

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 19:35 - Dec 21 by Leadbelly

Pitch held up well considering the amount of rain but it had been covered. There was some sand in the corners and in patches along the touch line. Attendance 3,164.

Best Us performance I’ve seen this season and a thoroughly deserved three points. Surprising what we can do when we attack!

First time I’ve seen Ross play. If he is our back up ‘keeper then we should all be very happy...certainly far better than Carlisle’s stopper.

LB totally agree about Ross.

He played last season and was very impressive.

It is a long time since we've had two quality keepers.

Great win.

We now need a good Christmas results wise and we should be top three then.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 20:54 - Dec 21 with 886 viewswessex_exile

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 19:35 - Dec 21 by Leadbelly

I've just seen the highlights (and a bunch of fan videos) - Fair play that their goalkeeper had a dive for Bramall's free-kick, but faintly embarrassing too, he never had a chance of getting it, and he knew it as soon as it was hit.

Up the U's

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 21:30 - Dec 21 with 879 viewsBlue4U2

I wonder what Harry Pell was saying to their keeper before the free kick was taken
A very in depth conversation before staying there and then moving to the edge of the wall when the kick was taken
It worked, whatever it was !
Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 23:09 - Dec 21 with 856 viewsGOSBTS

Well, that sounded anything but lethargic! Credit to McGreal shuffling the pack after Wednesday night. Could have backfired but worked a treat.

This U's squad has much more mental strength and character than last season. I'm hopeful.
Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 23:43 - Dec 21 with 846 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Does anyone know whether Norris, Gerken, Comley, Lapslie and Nouble were all missing from the starting XI for any other reason than the need to rest players / rotate the squad. Seems an odd thing to do and not very McGreal like.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 00:03 - Dec 22 with 841 viewsmfb_cufc

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 23:43 - Dec 21 by RSCOSWORTH

Does anyone know whether Norris, Gerken, Comley, Lapslie and Nouble were all missing from the starting XI for any other reason than the need to rest players / rotate the squad. Seems an odd thing to do and not very McGreal like.

McGreal said post match Norris had an ankle injury, and Nouble was running on empty. Nothing said about the others. McGreal is always saying about trying to keep all the squad happy, so after the effort put in against Man U it was an ideal opportunity for him to make changes. Whatever the reason for making so many changes, it certainly worked, and shows the strength of squad we have these days.

mfb

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 08:51 - Dec 22 with 817 viewswessex_exile

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 09:27 - Dec 21 by wessex_exile

Succinct, to the point, and no debate about it Durham - big-earning glamour cup ties against Premier League sides are all well and good, but promotion is far more important. I agree with Pell, he’s looked off the pace and off his game pretty much since he’s been back, even including his goal-scoring game against Salford. Think he needs a spell on the bench until his mojo is properly going again.

No after the Lord Mayor’s show today please U’s - let’s do against Carlisle what we couldn’t quite do against Man U, and ease to a comfortable victory 😁

Up the U’s!!

...and this is why I’m not a football manager.

From the commentary and reports I’ve read, Harry had an immense game - good job McG didn’t listen to me.

Up the U's

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 09:34 - Dec 22 with 809 viewsbwildered

It was indeed a fruitless journey for the Cumbrians. A brave much changed side by McG, played with pace, skill and panache . Star performer Bramhall, scored, set up another and was a constant treat with some lung busting runs.
All players must be looking over their shoulders after showing our strength in depth with this result and display.
Not quite playing catch up regarding previous league position, points are still precious, so need not to take our eye off the ball with much still to do.
Still in our own hands, to finish in the prize places, but strong home performances to the end of the season imperative .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 10:13 - Dec 22 with 802 viewswessex_exile

Incidentally, Trevor Kettle was on form at the Shabby yesterday. Showed 13 cards, if you count the two 2nd yellow dismissals as 3 each (yellow, yellow, red).

Up the U's

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 11:04 - Dec 22 with 793 viewsMoor_Pinot

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 10:13 - Dec 22 by wessex_exile

Incidentally, Trevor Kettle was on form at the Shabby yesterday. Showed 13 cards, if you count the two 2nd yellow dismissals as 3 each (yellow, yellow, red).

Can't stand Kettle Wesser, yesterday's boy in black was poor too and gave little or no protection to our three small players Harriott, Poku & Gamlin who were mugged all game.

Agree with Lead....best team performance this season. 6-1 a fairer reflection - Carlisle missed an open goal.

Personally thought Pell was far from immense - poor in fact and Lapslie a better option. Pell missed 2 sitters as well. Poku in reality the man of match, just 18, physically strong and excellent ball retention. Just needs to shoot better. In fact when watching the holism of the team-play yesterday the need for Senior is zero. Nobody spoilt anything yesterday as he does so liberally and apart from Robinson who is not of this standard, missed a point blank goal and has no close control - but then he can go back to his home club anyway - the team were very very effective against a side who were not really up for it. Yes, Bramhall was excellent but so were several and I'll finish by saying that altho' I'm sticking my neck out, Ross is the best keeper we've had for a long time and that includes Sam.
We missed Comley yesterday although Stevenson was more tigerish than usual, no idea why Comley was out. Gerken has a back injury I believe.

A win on 26th and who knows......but I wouldn't tinker with the team after yesterday to be honest. Just introduce Hasanally or Norris or Nouble for Robinson & Lapslie for Pell and that'll do if Comley is injured.

Fingers crossed.
Compliments of the season to you all.

Moor Pinot

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 13:16 - Dec 23 with 692 viewsmfb_cufc

An interesting stat is our last 10 home goals have different goalscorers.

I agree with you Pinault when you say Ross is better than Sam Walker. Shows what a mockery last season was when we couldn't decide what useless keeper to play from game to game, when we had a decent one that was only considered to be third choice. Could be what cost us a play-off spot.

mfb

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 13:38 - Dec 23 with 690 viewsdurham_exile

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 13:16 - Dec 23 by mfb_cufc

An interesting stat is our last 10 home goals have different goalscorers.

I agree with you Pinault when you say Ross is better than Sam Walker. Shows what a mockery last season was when we couldn't decide what useless keeper to play from game to game, when we had a decent one that was only considered to be third choice. Could be what cost us a play-off spot.

Mick ultimately the ridiculous sending off at Yeovil cost us two points and the play offs.

This season the objective has to be automatic promotion.

A win at Orient is essential on Boxing Day.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Fruitless journey for the Cumbrians at the JSCS on 22:07 - Dec 23 with 612 viewsnoah4x4

I am surprised at the criticism of referee Craig Hicks?

Yes, some of our skilful players suffered some crude kickings and he could perhaps have been more liberal with cards. But the consensus of the eight U's fans that I dined with post match was he was the best referee that we have seen at JCS all season and his assistants actually kept up with play and our offside trap was hence effective. Between them they got little wrong except sometimes he could have played more "advantage" to our advantage, but that must be the most difficult of decisions.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 22:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024