Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs friendly 14:28 - Jul 21 with 1425 viewsDaniel

Spurs are doing a free stream of tonight's game:
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/colchesterspurs210721
Spurs friendly on 16:05 - Jul 21 with 1391 viewswessex_exile

Signed up to it already Daniel. If the club had provided a streaming service I'd have happily paid for that instead, but there wouldn't have been much point them doing so, already knowing Spurs were laying on a free stream.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Spurs friendly on 20:44 - Jul 21 with 1305 viewsbwildered

Half time 0-3 .
Much slicker and sharper Spurs side giving the U’s run around.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Spurs friendly on 21:37 - Jul 21 with 1276 viewsdurham_exile

Some encouraging performances tonight.

Spurs were strong first half and the game was over at HT.

I expect much better results against Gillingham and the Farmers.

Wiredu very unlucky not to score.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Spurs friendly on 21:40 - Jul 21 with 1275 viewsbwildered

Goalless second half but more positive possession.
Mullins played first eleven for seventy minutes. Good work out though especially for the defence of Chambers, Eastman and Smith which lacked obvious pace against PL side.

Spurs friendly on 21:50 - Jul 21 with 1266 viewswessex_exile

The gulf in class between PL and League 2 was evident, but to be honest I enjoyed that. Like the look of Hannant.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Spurs friendly on 00:32 - Jul 22 with 1220 viewsdurham_exile

I am not so sure about the 5,3,2 formation.

I would prefer a 4,4,2 or 4,3,3.

5,3,2 is ultra defensive but we have experience in Chambers, Smith and Eastman but can they all play at the back.

I hope that the next two friendlies see a variation on this formation.

One thing is sure we will not be up against classy players like Son, Moura and Dele Ali every week.

The stats were a lot closer than the scoreline though.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Spurs friendly on 06:00 - Jul 22 with 1193 viewsGOSBTS

I didn’t see the game but that starting lineup on paper is incredible. I’m looking forward to the new season!
Spurs friendly on 06:49 - Jul 22 with 1187 viewsnoah4x4

I was present in a large crowd, but I estimate we were outnumbered 10:1 We outsang them even if outplayed for 40 minutes. How many internationals, yet they only scored three? Encouraging stuff from the majority of new boys although Skuse and Sears didn't impress me.

Frankly I thought we were the better side in H2 and the side more likely to score, notably after the Spurs substitutions.Then on 77 minutes our kids came on and they harassed and annoyed Spurs players like wasps at a picnic. Lots of encouraging signs, except one.

If we are going to set up defensively, Sears alone up front is a nonsense. He has no chance of winning any aerial balls and crosses by the excellent Hannant and Clampin are wasted. He might potentially be a fox in the box, but needs an aerially dominant Olewumo or Porter to partner him. Nouble impressed from out wide, but he is no number 9.

We won't encounter the likes of Deli, Moura and Son again except in the cup and I reckon we might storm League Two if we can find a centre forward, and I only shouted "Humes Out" once. Surrounded by Spurs fans, the response was "who"?
Login to get fewer ads

Spurs friendly on 10:06 - Jul 22 with 1135 viewsbwildered

Watched on free Spurs live stream. Interviewed Spurs media man in dark blue ( Keith Allen lookalike) on side of pitch could not stand still for 15 seconds, I started to suffer from motion sickness, or had I took my meds !
Notable absentees Gerken and Chilvers ,
However good work out for both sides, showed our limitations and could be found out with sides playing with pace. Both holding midfielders took one for the team , one in each half, but failed to track floating midfielders into box several times.
Despite all senior defenders, George needs to dominate six yard box from set pieces.
Nouble and Sears need to rotate from kick down the middle.
PS - Can we sign Dane Scarlett for six months League experience, will do him and us good .

Spurs friendly on 23:39 - Jul 22 with 1032 viewsmfb_cufc

"Showed our limitations" It might have done if we were playing in the Premier League, but we will be playing against Scunthorpe and Sutton, and not a Spurs team that contained Bergwijn, Moura and Son, who would cause problems against any team.

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024