Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early Kick Off’s 17:08 - Aug 2 with 1193 viewsbwildered

Notice that Isthmian League clubs have been informed that they can change to earlier kick off times due to the energy crisis, on condition that both sides are in agreement.
This idea was actioned in the 70’s during the fuel crises in the Football League, with several home games moved to one o clock kick off’s.
So would not be surprised if the EFL brings this into action, for clubs to introduce if games are not being televised live on Saturday afternoons during the winter months.
Wonder how much it cost to switch on floodlights for a game ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Early Kick Off’s on 22:42 - Aug 2 with 1120 viewsDaniel

I wouldn't expect the energy cost of floodlighting to be expensive compared with other costs associated with running a league football club. As an example, it costs less than £100 a hire a full size 3G sports pitch with floodlighting for an hour and the bulk of that fee is for the pitch, not the lighting.
Early Kick Off’s on 06:43 - Aug 4 with 1008 viewsnoah4x4

This article is dated 2020 and relates to the cost of floodlighting International Soccer matches (figures in $ USD)

https://tachyonlight.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-run-football-flood-lights/

This suggests it costs merely $48 per DAY. Even if electricity prices have tripled, it is a trivial expense in the context of Wembley revenues. However, given a football pitch is a fairly universa size, the cost of illumination for an Isthmian League club is proportionately more significant compared to its revenues.

I can see Robbie Cowling wanting early kick offs (who drinks at the football stadium given its shi5 Green King IPA?), but the rest of the EFL no. If earlier kick offs (noon,?), I suspect revenues from stadium bars and hospitality would drop by a greater amount than the cost of a few kWh of electricity. But for non-league and low attendance EFL clubs there could be benefits.
Early Kick Off’s on 12:25 - Aug 4 with 965 viewsdurham_exile

I'm all for early kick offs.

It would stop this nonsense ruling, applicable in the UK only, that we can't watch games on iFollow that kick off at 3pm on a Saturday.

So bring on the 1pm Kick Offs. great for Exiled supporters for Home games and ok for me when I travel to Away matches in the North and Midlands. It may be selfish but for once it makes sense to me.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Early Kick Off’s on 12:45 - Aug 4 with 961 viewsDaniel

Given the club is so tight now that they can't even be bothered to replace the seats they've taken out in the East Stand, I can see them moving a few games to save the floodlight expense and bring in a bit more from ifollow.
Early Kick Off’s on 13:11 - Aug 4 with 957 viewswessex_exile

Agree with all of the above - slight ball ache getting to earlier kick-offs perhaps, but more than offset by getting home 2 hours earlier, and if I can’t be there, £10 on ifollow to watch does me fine, and cash in the club coffers too. Also, less pub time for those who can’t handle their booze too!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Early Kick Off’s on 13:33 - Aug 5 with 892 viewsWitham

Wasn't it the 1970's electricity cuts that brought in Sunday games - not to mention the generator on the lorry outside Layer Road
Early Kick Off’s on 13:54 - Aug 5 with 890 viewsmfb_cufc

Early Kick Off’s on 13:33 - Aug 5 by Witham

Wasn't it the 1970's electricity cuts that brought in Sunday games - not to mention the generator on the lorry outside Layer Road

That was in the 1973-74 season. We played two games on a Sunday, away to Doncaster on January 27th, when the supporters coach got a brick through the window, and away to Bury on February 3rd.

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024