Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NON-English Premier League 14:18 - Aug 31 with 1236 viewsgerry_us

Anyone else feel the Premier League is no longer English or any help at all to English football. Having watched the transfer market I cannot see that any Premier team has actually bought either an English player or indeed players from the lower divisions. Surely this cannot help our balance of payment problem either?
And another thing. ..why did Everton not write into Moyes's departure agreement that he could not return to cherry pick from his old Everton team. This situation always annoys me intensely; having left a pretty good team for a new one he should at least have the decency to leave them alone. No doubt he would have told Baines and Fellaini that he would be back for them. Unfortunately however I suspect what Man U want, Man U will get, to the annoyance of all Everton fans and the footballing general public at large.
Phew...feel better now!
The NON-English Premier League on 15:46 - Sep 2 with 1209 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Yes and yes. It's an absolute joke. There will be a time when the Premier League is made up of less than 25% British players if they're not careful. Look at Eastmond and Watt, two young players who were highly thought of at Arsenal but are having to drop down to League One to learn their trade in the hope they will play at a higher level later on in their careers. Steve Sidwell did exactly the same and it worked for him but at lot of these young talets discarded by the bigger clubs just seem to get lost. Even the Championship has an uneccesarily high number of imports playing in it.

I doubt Man U would have gone for putting that in his contract and like you say what Man U want Man U get.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The NON-English Premier League on 17:32 - Sep 2 with 1201 viewsLeadbelly

The Premier League isn't English and has never been of any help to English football.

I pay little attention to the Premier League these days. I rarely watch any football on TV at all. and until Leeds return to the top flight I can't imagine attending PL games either...and that's not something I expect to see in the next few years!

The rash of foreign imports doesn't really bother me. After Bosman in football and European Union interference in general we have a wide open employment market. Why should football be any different. Or, indeed, how?

Many of us probably hoped that players qualified to represent the national side would improve from playing with foreign players and under the influence of foreign managers. Simply hasn't happened. The sad fact is England has won one competition in the history of international football (home internationals don't count) and that was at home, 47 years ago. As a nation we are a quarter final side, occasionally failing to qualify or escape the group stages, occasionally making it to a semi final and losing. It's not likely to change any time soon.

The Premier League is not set up to benefit the rest of English football. It is there to make money for club owners. It's big business, pure and simple.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024