Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is why Tony Humes must go and go now! 11:09 - Nov 25 with 1200 viewsdurham_exile

A great man once wrote: Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt - Clearly not a belief that TH adheres to.

TH stated after last night's debacle:

"Tony Humes felt there were people who were “quite happy” for his Colchester United side to fail as they lost a fourth League One game in a row.

The U’s saw a two-goal lead wiped out by Crewe Alexandra’s second-half comeback at the Weston Homes Community Stadium as they lost 3-2 to slip to within a point of the relegation zone.

A crowd of just 2,602 may have been the smallest home gate of the season, but loud booing rang out around the ground in the latter stages of the game and at the final whistle.

Humes was critical of the way that his players went on the back foot rather than looking to build on their lead, but was also disappointed with the negative outpourings from the stands.

“I have worked as hard as the players out there,” he said.

“I was encouraging all game, trying to get them to be confident and trying to get them through the game.

“But it obviously wasn’t enough either.

“You always look at yourself to see what you can do more after every game whether win, lose or draw.

“That’s all you can do.

“I can do more, there’s always things you can do.

“Obviously by the tone of what was around the game, a lot of people don’t agree with that.

“That’s their opinion but the players need an encouraging environment around them.

“They needed it but it seemed as if there were people there who were quite happy for them to fail.”

It is an absolute disgrace for TH to state that any true Colchester United supporter wants the team to fail. We pay good money to travel to watch the team home and away, many of the contributors on this board have supported the U's for over 50 or 60 years and it is an insult to suggest that they are not loyal to the team.

I have supported the team for 43 years and have seen it all and experienced every possible emotion - John Cleese best phrased it "I can take the despair, it's the hope!"

Presently TH is taking the U's down to League Two without any doubt, he has a squad that is one of the best for some years with quality players in most positions and they have demonstrated that they can win football matches. On its own the Crewe defeat was not the single deciding factor that has been coming for some weeks. TH is simply not up to the job of managing the team.

He must go NOW before things get any worse. I will be at Burton on Saturday supporting my club and hoping that they can at last add to their two Away League Victories.

I fear for the Altrincham game after recent results and would not want us to be knocked out of the FA Cup by another non-league side.

I would imagine that our coastal friends will be licking their lips at the prospect of a Boxing Day victory in front of 2,500 of their own supporters. At this rate they will also outnumber the faithful at the WHCS.

People will think far more of TH if he falls on his sword now rather than clinging on for more unsavoury results. It can be dressed up as mutually agreed or something similar but he must go so that the new man will have an even chance of securing our status in league one for another season.

Where is the Doog!

Three points at Burton Albion will be most welcome.

Up the U's

Humes OUT

Durham_exile

This is why Tony Humes must go and go now! on 12:24 - Nov 25 with 1179 viewscarruthers

I quite agree, to lose at home to Crewe says it all.
This is why Tony Humes must go and go now! on 12:46 - Nov 25 with 1173 viewsRSCOSWORTH

This is why Tony Humes must go and go now! on 12:24 - Nov 25 by carruthers

I quite agree, to lose at home to Crewe says it all.

Happens pretty much every season though.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

This is why Tony Humes must go and go now! on 14:37 - Nov 25 with 1130 viewsMadeira163

Anyone have the radio interview or a link to it, I would love to hear it's????
This is why Tony Humes must go and go now! on 20:48 - Nov 25 with 1074 viewsRSCOSWORTH

This is why Tony Humes must go and go now! on 14:37 - Nov 25 by Madeira163

Anyone have the radio interview or a link to it, I would love to hear it's????

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-essex-34794107

11:33

Enjoy...

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

This is why Tony Humes must go and go now! on 21:01 - Nov 25 with 1072 viewsMadeira163

This is why Tony Humes must go and go now! on 20:48 - Nov 25 by RSCOSWORTH

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-essex-34794107

11:33

Enjoy...

Thanks
RS
This is why Tony Humes must go and go now! on 21:37 - Nov 25 with 1059 viewsbwildered

Tony Humes after match comments will alienate the fans further more, essentially he is responsible to deliver results which he was aware when taking the post . People will be more self critical from now on .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

This is why Tony Humes must go and go now! on 00:17 - Nov 26 with 1035 viewsmfb_cufc

This is why Tony Humes must go and go now! on 12:46 - Nov 25 by RSCOSWORTH

Happens pretty much every season though.

The last time we beat Crewe at home was in 1992. We have played them seven times since then, and lost the lot. A very unlikely bogey team.

mfb

This is why Tony Humes must go and go now! on 05:50 - Nov 26 with 1024 viewsBarsidepete

Here comes 2300-2400 next time at the WHCS. Does Cowling want to run the team into the ground?

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024