Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 10:29 - Jan 25 with 2418 viewsBarsidepete

Basically 1-1's all around. I did it the odd way, not believing Denver would lose at home. Everyone else predicted New England Patriots, which was not correct. Many more updates to follow in coming days.

Could this be RSCOSWORTH's first title in a decade? ... thrillseeker's or mfb_cufc's second? durham, Leadbelly or gerry, their first Superb Owl? For the NFL purist this is a fabulous match-up. Best defense (Denver) v the most electric offense (Carolina).

Results:

New England Patriots 18 at DENVER BRONCOS 20
Arizona Cardinals 15 at CAROLINA PANTHERS 49

THE SUPERB OWL TABLE (3 of 4): (tie-breaker: points, pick percentage, then first to post) -- Sun 7 Feb

RSCOSWORTH ...... (1-1) ... (3) ............ (8-2) ... (13 pts)
thrillseeker ............ (1-1) ... (3) ............ (7-3) ... (11)
durham_exile ........ (1-1) ... (3) ............ (6-3) ... (11)
Leadbelly .............. (1-1) ... (3) ............ (6-4) ... (10)
mfb_cufc .............. (0-2) ... (0) ............ (5-5) ... (7)
gerry_us ............... (1-1) ... (3) ............ (4-6) ... (7)
Barsidepete .......... (1-1) ... (3) ............ (3-7) ... (5)

Obviously DENVER v CAROLINA in Super Bowl 50. San Francisco/Santa Clara, California.

Championship is 7 February .. kickoff at 18:30 Eastern time zone/23:30 GMT

**Winner, point spread, over-under, most passing, most rushing -- and 5 points for nearest to correct score -- but it must be where you Also pick the Winner, not where you predict 24-23 but you didn't pick the winner and it was 23-24.

**The tricky part is that Cam Newton could help the Panthers toward most rushing yards, but could also pass for 250-300. Peyton Manning could pass for 250-300 but the NFL's best defense, the Broncs, could smother Carolina. Once we get a sense for a proper over under, it could be 45 points but it could easily finish 21-17.

edit: For some reason Tom Brady is 2-7 in Denver. He can't seem to win in Colorado.

THE SUPER BOWL 50 -- (game kicks off 15:30 West Coast/18:30 ET/ 23:30GMT)

1. Worth 3 points:
CAROLINA PANTHERS v DENVER BRONCOS -- pick winner

2. The points spread -- Worth 2 points:
a. CAROLINA wins by 7 points or more
b. DENVER wins, or loses by 6 points a less

3. The over/under -- Worth 2 points
The total game score will be either --
a. 45 points or less
b. 46 points or more

4. Most passing yards by a team, their QB and anyone--2 points
a. Carolina Panthers
b. Denver Broncos

5. Most rushing yards -- kickoffs and punt-return stats do not count. Only rushing from the line of scrimmage -- This one is 2 points
a. Carolina Panthers
b. Denver Broncos

6. Which team will commit more turnovers? This one is worth 2 points, 2 to anyone who nails the number--what team and how many turnovers -- Zero points for an incorrect prediction -- this one is "all-or-nothing" ... But more than one person is eligible for 2 points.

7. PIck the Exact Score -- worth 5 points
Points only for the PL'er who actually picks the winner. *** CLOSEST TO THE CORECT SCORE IF YOU PICK THE WINNER but not necessarily the spot-on score -- only ONE PLer will be credited with 5 points.

There you go. 7 classic Las Vegas picks. I waited till the late Thursday night/Friday morning lines. If you're feeling lucky bettin' you'll see a trend by after the weekend. You have a week to make an educated decision

18 Points up for grabs for the Superb Owl. Good Luck!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 19:50]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--only updated table, the rest t.b.d. on 00:27 - Jan 29 with 1529 viewsBarsidepete

There you are: (edited into the first post too) ...

THE SUPER BOWL 50 -- (game kicks off 15:30 West Coastt/18:30 ET/ 23:30 GMT)

1. Worth 3 points:

b. DENVER wins, or loses by 6 points or less

a. 45 points or less
b. 46 points or more

a. Carolina Panthers
b. Denver Broncos

5. Most rushing yards -- kickoffs and punt-return stats do not count. Only rushing from the line of scrimmage -- This one is 2 points
a. Carolina Panthers
b. Denver Broncos

6. Which team will commit more turnovers? This one is worth 2 points, 2 to anyone who nails the number--what team and how many turnovers -- Zero points for an incorrect prediction -- this one is "all-or-nothing" ... But more than one person is eligible for 2 points.

Points only for the PL'er who actually picks the winner. *** CLOSEST TO THE CORECT SCORE IF YOU PICK THE WINNER but not necessarily the spot-on score -- only ONE PLer will be credited with 5 points.

**There you go...

7 classic Las Vegas picks. I waited till the late Thursday night/Friday morning lines. If you're feeling lucky bettin' you'll see a trend by by the beginning of next week. You have a week to make an educated decision.
18 Points up for grabs in the Superb Owl.

Reminder: deadline is not till Sunday 7 February at 23:30 GMT ..

Good Luck!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 19:48]

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 06:24 - Jan 30 with 1452 viewsBarsidepete

edit: I feel more polite.

I hope the final will be good good ... they can be real dogs, .. no offense to dogs ∑;)
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 7:00]

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 15:17 - Jan 31 with 1417 viewsBarsidepete

For those as perplexed as I am, the NFL Pro Bowl which takes place in Hawai'i, features:

Team Irvin v Team Rice -- Unlike in previous years, it's a squad selected by two legends. I dunno. I preferred the old AFC v the NFC format.

This game of All-Stars will be on ESPN (19:15 ET) stateside and SKY1HD (00:15 GMT)
[Post edited 31 Jan 2016 15:27]

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 17:55 - Feb 1 with 1379 viewsdurham_exile

THE SUPER BOWL 50 -- (game kicks off 15:30 West Cost/18:30 ET/ 23:30GMT)

1. Worth 3 points:
DENVER BRONCOS -- pick winner

b. DENVER wins, or loses by 6 points a less

b. 46 points or more

b. Denver Broncos

Carolina Panthers

6. Which team will commit more turnovers? This one is worth 2 points, 2 to anyone who nails the number -- Zero points for an incorrect prediction -- this one is "all-or-nothing" ... But more than one person is eligible for 2 points.

Carolina - 2

Points only for the PL'er who actually picks the winner.

Denver 28 v Carolina 21

Up the U's

Durham_exile

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 19:39 - Feb 1 with 1378 viewsthrillseeker

1. Worth 3 points:
CAROLINA PANTHERS -- pick winner

b. 46 points or more

a. Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers

6. Which team will commit more turnovers? This one is worth 2 points, 2 to anyone who nails the number -- Zero points for an incorrect prediction -- this one is "all-or-nothing" ... But more than one person is eligible for 2 points.

Denver Broncos

Carolina 35 Denver 20
NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--only updated table, the rest t.b.d. on 19:51 - Feb 1 with 1377 viewsLeadbelly

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--only updated table, the rest t.b.d. on 00:27 - Jan 29 by Barsidepete

There you are: (edited into the first post too) ...

THE SUPER BOWL 50 -- (game kicks off 15:30 West Coastt/18:30 ET/ 23:30 GMT)

1. Worth 3 points:

b. DENVER wins, or loses by 6 points or less

a. 45 points or less
b. 46 points or more

a. Carolina Panthers
b. Denver Broncos

a. Carolina Panthers
b. Denver Broncos

**There you go...

7 classic Las Vegas picks. I waited till the late Thursday night/Friday morning lines. If you're feeling lucky bettin' you'll see a trend by by the beginning of next week. You have a week to make an educated decision.
18 Points up for grabs in the Superb Owl.

Reminder: deadline is not till Sunday 7 February at 23:30 GMT ..

Good Luck!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 19:48]

1. Panthers
2. a
3. a
4. a
5. a
6. Broncos 5
7. Panthers 36 Broncos 17

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 15:15 - Feb 3 with 1337 viewsBarsidepete

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 19:39 - Feb 1 by thrillseeker

1. Worth 3 points:
CAROLINA PANTHERS -- pick winner

b. 46 points or more

a. Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers

Denver Broncos

Carolina 35 Denver 20

Thrillseeker, You need to predict how many Denver turnovers as you believe the Broncos will turn the ball over more than the Panthers. This is not just about which team.

No.6 is an all or nothing for 2 points. Which team coughs up the ball more than the other--what team and how many turnovers... If you say Denver 3 and Carolina 3, that is still worth 2 points -- for anyone who gets the number right if it so happens.

No.7... PIck the Exact Score -- worth 5 points

Points only for the one PL'er who actually picks the winner. *** CLOSEST TO THE CORECT SCORE IF YOU PICK THE WINNER but not necessarily the spot-on score -- only ONE PLer will be credited with 5 points.

You must have predicted the winner to be eligible. Only One person who is eligible for the 5 points; Hypothetically, only one person may predict Denver to win, so that's 5 points in the bag if the Broncos win.

It appears No.7 was self-explanatory based on predictions so far.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 15:32]

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 19:38 - Feb 3 with 1311 viewsBarsidepete

Half time act at Super Bowl 50 in San Francisco:

Coldplay.

Just FYI.

Login to get fewer ads

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 20:46 - Feb 3 with 1306 viewsthrillseeker

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 15:15 - Feb 3 by Barsidepete

Thrillseeker, You need to predict how many Denver turnovers as you believe the Broncos will turn the ball over more than the Panthers. This is not just about which team.

No.6 is an all or nothing for 2 points. Which team coughs up the ball more than the other--what team and how many turnovers... If you say Denver 3 and Carolina 3, that is still worth 2 points -- for anyone who gets the number right if it so happens.

No.7... PIck the Exact Score -- worth 5 points

Points only for the one PL'er who actually picks the winner. *** CLOSEST TO THE CORECT SCORE IF YOU PICK THE WINNER but not necessarily the spot-on score -- only ONE PLer will be credited with 5 points.

You must have predicted the winner to be eligible. Only One person who is eligible for the 5 points; Hypothetically, only one person may predict Denver to win, so that's 5 points in the bag if the Broncos win.

It appears No.7 was self-explanatory based on predictions so far.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 15:32]

Thanks for the note Pete

Denver turnovers 3
NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--only updated table, the rest t.b.d. on 02:01 - Feb 4 with 1299 viewsBarsidepete

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--only updated table, the rest t.b.d. on 19:51 - Feb 1 by Leadbelly

1. Panthers
2. a
3. a
4. a
5. a
6. Broncos 5
7. Panthers 36 Broncos 17

Leadbelly, you seriously think that the Broncos will turn the ball over 5 times times when Denver has one of the best defenses in the NFL?

Ok then.

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--only updated table, the rest t.b.d. on 13:52 - Feb 4 with 1282 viewsLeadbelly

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--only updated table, the rest t.b.d. on 02:01 - Feb 4 by Barsidepete

Leadbelly, you seriously think that the Broncos will turn the ball over 5 times times when Denver has one of the best defenses in the NFL?

Ok then.

Good defence but most turnovers are down to the offence. Manning was Mr Interception for the first half of the season and the Denver running backs have had problems with fumbles.

I'm hoping Carolina wipe the floor with Denver!

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--only updated table, the rest t.b.d. on 15:10 - Feb 4 with 1280 viewsBarsidepete

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--only updated table, the rest t.b.d. on 13:52 - Feb 4 by Leadbelly

Good defence but most turnovers are down to the offence. Manning was Mr Interception for the first half of the season and the Denver running backs have had problems with fumbles.

I'm hoping Carolina wipe the floor with Denver!

Carolina is a weird case study.

For some --not us who get it -- it gets muddied as the Redskins are the "South's" team. Politically incorrect name. The Skins even have their training camp in Richmond, the one-time hub of the Confederacy, Richmond, Virginia.

Carolina is in southern North Carolina, a stone's throw from South Carolina, and frankly NC as SC don't like each other much .. It's like Ipswich and Norwich deciding to support the same club.

There were about 20-25,000 Redskins fans at that game in Charlotte, NC this past season.

Historically, southern Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wash DC, some of Maryland, and North Carolina have been Redskins fans.

I guess Skins are the regional eastern equivalent of the Green Bay Packers. It's hard to hate on the Panthers.

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 15:51 - Feb 4 with 1271 viewspwrightsknees

For no reason I can think of, other than the fact that they must have caught my eye on one occasion, I've been a Broncos fan for years, dating back to the days of John Elway.
NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 17:54 - Feb 4 with 1257 viewsLeadbelly

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 15:51 - Feb 4 by pwrightsknees

For no reason I can think of, other than the fact that they must have caught my eye on one occasion, I've been a Broncos fan for years, dating back to the days of John Elway.

As good a reason as any PWK. I started watching during the mid 80s and was much impressed by Steve Grogan, QB for the Patriots, during their run to the Super Bowl before losing to the Bears...The Refrigerator and all.

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 21:23 - Feb 4 with 1250 viewsLeadbelly

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 19:38 - Feb 3 by Barsidepete

Half time act at Super Bowl 50 in San Francisco:

Coldplay.

Just FYI.

If Coldplay were a tin of paint it would say "Vanilla Beige" on the label.

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 22:29 - Feb 4 with 1242 viewsgerry_us

1. Worth 3 points: DENVER BRONCOS

2. The points spread b. DENVER wins, or loses by 6 points or less

3. The over/under a. 45 points or less

4. Most passing yards by a team, their QB and anyone b. Denver Broncos

5. Most rushing yards b. Denver Broncos

6. Which team will commit more turnovers? Broncos 2

7. Pick the Exact Score Broncos 22 Panthers 16

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 00:56 - Feb 5 with 1231 viewsBarsidepete

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 21:23 - Feb 4 by Leadbelly

If Coldplay were a tin of paint it would say "Vanilla Beige" on the label.

Yup. Not exactly the band I'd have tipped to be the half time show. There are so many bands -- or artists -- with a lot more "jump" to them.

Don't get me wrong. I like Coldplay. But as the Superb Owl HT act? What genius decided on this? I can think of 20 acts between Britain and the U.S. that could have fit the mold better.

Poor choice IMHO.

But I really really do Like em! Not for the SB halftime show, though.

I'll be microwaving/reheating food; bathroom visit; walking the dog (Woody will love that ...

I'm not sitting around at T watching Coldplay ∑:P

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 01:38 - Feb 5 with 1228 viewsBarsidepete

Oi,.. Nebraska hockey (U of Nebraska ) ,, you hate .... Well, go on, chew on that corn.

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 22:33 - Feb 6 with 1182 viewsBarsidepete

pwrwightsknees inboxed me these:

1. Worth 3 points:
CAROLINA PANTHERS v DENVER BRONCOS --pick winner -- DENVER

b. DENVER wins, or loses by 6 points or less --DENVER

3. The Over-Under -- Worth 2 points:
b. 46 or more points scored, total.

4.*
5. *
6. *no predictions yet.

7. Pick the Exact score -- worth 5 points

PWK predicts:

DENVER BRONCOS 32 v Carolina Panthers 22

He really should get in there and pick 4-6. I can see a potential 12 right there already
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 22:37]

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 17:06 - Feb 7 with 1141 viewsmfb_cufc

1. Carolina Panthers
2. a
3. a
4. a
5. a
6. Denver Broncos 3
7.Carolina Panthers 27 Denver Broncos 14

mfb

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 19:56 - Feb 7 with 1128 viewsBarsidepete

Mine:

THE SUPER BOWL 50 -- (game kicks off 15:30 West Coast/18:30 ET/ 23:30 GMT)

1. Worth 3 points:
CAROLINA PANTHERS v DENVER BRONCOS -- pick winner -- DENVER

b. DENVER wins, or loses by 6 points or less -- b. DENVER

a. 45 points or less -- a. 45 POINTS OR LESS TOTAL
b. 46 points or more

a. Carolina Panthers
b. Denver Broncos -- b. DENVER

a. Carolina Panthers -- CAROLINA
b. Denver Broncos

6. Which team will commit more turnovers? This one is worth 2 points, 2 to anyone who nails the number--what team and how many turnovers -- Zero points for an incorrect prediction -- this one is "all-or-nothing" ... But more than one person is eligible for 2 points. -- CAROLINA C OMMITS 3 TURNOVERS

DENVER BRONCOS 24 v Carolina Panthers 21

Reminder: deadline is Sunday 7 February at 23:30 GMT ..

Good Luck!

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 21:19 - Feb 7 with 1110 viewsRSCOSWORTH

SUPERB OWL

1) Carolina Panthers
2) A
3) B
4) A
5) A
6) Denver Broncos - 4
7) Carolina Panthers 27 Denver Broncos 20

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 22:56 - Feb 7 with 1103 viewsBarsidepete

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 21:19 - Feb 7 by RSCOSWORTH

SUPERB OWL

1) Carolina Panthers
2) A
3) B
4) A
5) A
6) Denver Broncos - 4
7) Carolina Panthers 27 Denver Broncos 20

Looks like Durham_Pete is the main rival to defeat you, RSCO,.. while Durham has the Broncs,... you're all in for the Panthers.

Pete has Denver to win, plus to cover the spread; Broncos with more passing yards; Panthers to commit 2 turnover v your 4 for Denver.

And Durham has it DENVER 28-21 to your CAROLINA 27-20.

It appears like it will be the a First-time Superb Owl winner ever -- only took a decade --... RSCOSWORTH or DURHAM_EXILE ... other maths may occur, we'll see. But it appears to be between RSCO and DURHAM
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 23:03]

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 23:38 - Feb 7 with 1091 viewsBarsidepete

Ok here

Kickoff in a second.

NFL PL--the SUPERB OWL--Final week, Deadline Sun 7 Feb 23:30 on 00:58 - Feb 8 with 1085 viewsBarsidepete

Denver 13 Carolina 7 half time.

Wow.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 1:11]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024