Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone know why Big Sam didn’t play yesterday? 22:52 - Apr 29 with 1202 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Thought it was a strange decision considering it was probably his last ever home game for the U’s. Pretty shoddy way to treat a keeper who’s played over 200 games for us.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Does anyone know why Big Sam didn’t play yesterday? on 09:25 - Apr 30 with 1173 viewsburnsieespana

Most likely he will be off so chance to give Barnes bit of experience.
You could say same about Tom E. If he had played he would have moved up to number three in the games played by Central defenders for us.
Does anyone know why Big Sam didn’t play yesterday? on 11:35 - Apr 30 with 1157 viewsmfb_cufc

He has refused to sign a new contract, so it was a chance to give Barnes a game, as Walker wont be around next season. I thought they should have given Walker the chance to say goodbye to the fans, but the management had different ideas.

mfb

Does anyone know why Big Sam didn’t play yesterday? on 12:00 - Apr 30 with 1152 viewsgerry_us

Does anyone know why Big Sam didn’t play yesterday? on 11:35 - Apr 30 by mfb_cufc

He has refused to sign a new contract, so it was a chance to give Barnes a game, as Walker wont be around next season. I thought they should have given Walker the chance to say goodbye to the fans, but the management had different ideas.

Not too fussed about Walker departing as I think he has been vastly overrated for years by his supporters. Barnes started with a clean sheet, he can go onwards from that.
I'm more concerned that Eastman is also out of contract. I rate him highly as a players and he certainly is a U's players in the mould of Doogie and Kemmie. Let's hope he resigns, we need players like him amongst (hopefully) all the younger players that will feature next season.
Does anyone know why Big Sam didn’t play yesterday? on 18:22 - Apr 30 with 1106 viewsLeadbelly

Does anyone know why Big Sam didn’t play yesterday? on 11:35 - Apr 30 by mfb_cufc

Management had different ideas? They've done a passable impression of having no ideas this season.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Does anyone know why Big Sam didn’t play yesterday? on 18:42 - Apr 30 with 1099 viewsnoah4x4

An internal source has suggested Walker is "expecting offers from Championship clubs". Fair enough, he is entitled to better himself as regards reward and stature and if that is his decision then let's wish him well.

The U's showed him sufficient loyalty by paying his wages during a year of injury and the fans have saluted him far more often than any other player whilst he does his goalpost tapping routine. We respect him despite his errors probably contributing more dropped points than those any other player.

If Sam thinks it is time to move on, it's time to introduce Barnes. But sign a contract by Friday, and I would gladly welcome him back next week. If he doesn't sign, I would put Gilmartin on the bench at Exeter. We can't be sentimental when the club must progress next season. Indeed, I would start with Barnes, Junior, Gondoh, Rooney and Issa if the regular Prima Donnas that have once again failed to bring success refuse to sign.
Does anyone know why Big Sam didn’t play yesterday? on 19:09 - Apr 30 with 1096 viewsbwildered

Tapped the club badge on his jersey after pre match on Saturday, always a indication of moving on.
Cannot see any player / agent being in a position in holding the club to ransom in demands considering our final league position !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Does anyone know why Big Sam didn’t play yesterday? on 21:16 - Apr 30 with 1078 viewswessex_exile

Given Walker is seemingly off in the summer, and given ethically JMcG probably has to play his strongest squad this Saturday, Swindon was the only chance to give Barnes a run out before next season. Makes sense to me.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024