Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CUFC v CUFC - U's to out fox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park 19:52 - Sep 30 with 1430 viewsdurham_exile

After a much improved second half and well deserved point against the Reds on Tuesday evening with Chris Porter’s superb equaliser, JM takes his charges to still undefeated Carlisle United at Brunton Park on Saturday.

Keith Curle’s team sit one point ahead of the U’s with 3 wins and 7 draws from their ten games. Most impressive perhaps was their late show against Doncaster on Tuesday when Jabo Ibehre scored to earn the Cumbrians a valuable point.

Memories for the U’s will flood back to the last game of the 2012/13 season when the U’s secured an invaluable 2-0 win and thus survived their first of four relegation battles. This season JM will be looking to secure the three points for entirely different reasons. We must stay within the top seven places to secure a play-off spot and look to secure a top three place in what is already, after 10 games, a really tight and competitive league.

Sadly, the U’s injuries continue to grow; Garvan, Loft, Briggs, Dunne, Lapslie, Kent and now Dickenson are all out. All are missed but Dickenson especially so.

The good news is that Dion Sembie-Ferris played at Crawley on Tuesday and impressed (i n fact it was akin to his performance at Fleetwood when we won 3-2 in yet another relegation haunted season).

Suggest the following team tomorrow:

Walker

Brindley Eastman Prosser Kinsella

Wright (Drey) Slater Szmodics Sembie-Ferris

Guthrie

Porter

Subs:

Bransgrove Wynter Vincent-Young Johnston Fosu Kamara Akinwande

The Roman Army will be travelling roughly 640-miles to and from Essex to support the U’s. By contrast Carlisle is only 55 miles from my home in Durham and only Hartlepool is closer for my away journeys.

The weather tomorrow is supposed to be showery with sunny intervals. JM knows that the Cumbrians and Jabo will be a tough nut to crack. I would suggest that much of the pressure is on them to maintain their record breaking start to the season.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

CUFC v CUFC - U's to out fox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 08:33 - Oct 3 with 1286 viewsAFCMorant

Well I think Alan Hansen would sum it up as "terrible defending" especially from corners. Every corner they had we looked like conceding. Nearly every corner we had (number in double figures) we took it short and turned them into throw ins. Just like last season we can't defend.
CUFC v CUFC - U's to out fox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 10:30 - Oct 3 with 1276 viewsnoah4x4

Indecision in both penalty boxes is costing us results. Lovely tippy tap stuff in between, but we are static defending set pieces and no bite in attack. The Carlisle goalkeeper fumbled everything and grabbed many balls only at the second attempt. Why didn't we pepper him as we did at Crawley (but there we did so too late).

Our physical presence is powder puff. We beat men only to find nobody in the box challenging. It's probably wrong for Division One, but in Two let's go two up.... Porter and bring back Bonne, or play Guthrie in his natural position of striker. Send Johnston and Akinwande out on loan to "man-up".
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 10:31]
CUFC v CUFC - U's to out fox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 11:52 - Oct 3 with 1264 viewsAFCMorant

CUFC v CUFC - U's to out fox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 10:30 - Oct 3 by noah4x4

Indecision in both penalty boxes is costing us results. Lovely tippy tap stuff in between, but we are static defending set pieces and no bite in attack. The Carlisle goalkeeper fumbled everything and grabbed many balls only at the second attempt. Why didn't we pepper him as we did at Crawley (but there we did so too late).

Our physical presence is powder puff. We beat men only to find nobody in the box challenging. It's probably wrong for Division One, but in Two let's go two up.... Porter and bring back Bonne, or play Guthrie in his natural position of striker. Send Johnston and Akinwande out on loan to "man-up".
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 10:31]

Yeah, I'd forgotten their keeper letting the ball through like he'd oiled his gloves.
We had a couple of good chances, the lob and odd decision to head the ball at knee height, but in the end it was one or possibly two attempts on target. I was saying in the pub beforehand play two up front. Guthrie and Porter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024