Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today 12:00 - Aug 19 with 1085 viewsdurham_exile

In yet another horrific terrorist atrocity in Catalonia this week, football has been put well and truly into perspective. Our thoughts go out to those affected by these outrages.

Meanwhile JM takes his walking wounded players to Kenilworth Road Luton to do battle with Nathan Jones’ Hatters on Saturday afternoon.

Before we establish the latest casualties at the WHCS, Luton themselves have injury concerns with Cuthbert and D’ath out and Isaac Vassal sold this week to Birmingham City whilst Craig Mackail-Smith has gone to Wycombe Wanderers. The good news for Jones is that striker Danny Hylton and defender James Justin will be available for selection against the super U’s.

Now it is evident that JM has walked under more ladders than you can shake a stick at and run over more black cats than there are Sunderland fans, such are the injury woes to befall the Super U’s.

The latest of these is loanee Kyel Reid who has injured his ankle and will miss today’s game. Cole Kpekawa is also injured and another promising youngster Dion Sembie-Ferris has been allowed to leave the U’s.

Long term injuries Luke Prosser, Kurtis Guthrie and Ben Dickenson will all be out for some weeks and possibly months yet. However, sicknote Doug Loft is back (at least for one game).

Kurtis Guthrie has been spending time at St George’s Park as part of his rehabilitation (Walker and Wright also spent time at the England HQ whilst they were recovering from long term injuries).

Colchester have also offered renewed contracts to five of their star names — Dickenson, Guthrie, Kent, Lapslie and Wright. Updates required on these five soonest.

Denny Johnstone is apparently wanted by Dundee and may wish to return north of the Border, we will have to wait and see.

JM may select the following side today 3,4,2,1:

Walker

Eastman James Kent

Jackson Lapslie Murray Kinsella

Szmodics Wright

Mandron

Subs:

Gilmartin, Vincent-Young, O’Sullivan, Issa, Loft, Slater, Johnstone

Safe journey to the travelling faithful to the Oak Road away end at Luton Town.

JM will of course remind his charges that last season we did a historic double over the Hatters and despite their crackerjack start against Yeovil, Luton lost narrowly at Barnet last week.

Some boarders are already drinking from the half empty glass, but I say keep the faith and support the U’s at this time.

Early days I know, but it is important to pick up points from each game and the super U’s will be looking to obtain their first maximum of the season.

In other news Billy Kee has been charged with GBH for an alleged incident in a Leicester nightclub earlier this year, probably best that the U's continue to ignore my suggestions that he should sign for the U's!!!!!!!!.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 12:09]

Durham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 12:54 - Aug 19 with 1061 viewsLeadbelly

Dundee manager has denied any interest in Johnstone. Pity.

Injuries continue to mount. This is a real worry at any time but after a less than impressive start, JM appearing unsure of his preferred starting XI and the squad looking light in defence and attack anyway I really think we will be up against it today.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 14:28 - Aug 19 with 1041 viewsFruitbat

No Jackson or Slater in the squad today, presumably they are now injured until 2019. Conceivably I suppose we could have eold Slater, wouldn't surprise me since McGreal doesn't seem keen to start him despite him being the best midfield player in the squad by a country mile.
Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 15:22 - Aug 19 with 1030 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 14:28 - Aug 19 by Fruitbat

No Jackson or Slater in the squad today, presumably they are now injured until 2019. Conceivably I suppose we could have eold Slater, wouldn't surprise me since McGreal doesn't seem keen to start him despite him being the best midfield player in the squad by a country mile.

I don't think Slater is yet fully fit.

15 mins 0-0
Col U three shots 1 on target

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:12 - Aug 19 with 1020 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 15:22 - Aug 19 by durham_exile

I don't think Slater is yet fully fit.

15 mins 0-0
Col U three shots 1 on target

Up the U's

Still 1-0 down.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:16 - Aug 19 with 1018 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:12 - Aug 19 by durham_exile

Still 1-0 down.

Come on the U's

It's going to be a long season, now 2-0 down

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:18 - Aug 19 with 1015 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:16 - Aug 19 by durham_exile

It's going to be a long season, now 2-0 down

Come on the U's

Bring Issa on, let's see what he can do

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:21 - Aug 19 with 1010 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:18 - Aug 19 by durham_exile

Bring Issa on, let's see what he can do

Up the U's

Murray on for Lapslie

But it is a striker that we need

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:28 - Aug 19 with 1006 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:21 - Aug 19 by durham_exile

Murray on for Lapslie

But it is a striker that we need

Come on the U's

Johnstone on

What about young Issa no point in consistently including him in the squad if he is not going to be played.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:29 - Aug 19 with 1003 viewsLeadbelly

On the "As it stands" table on BBC we are rock bottom.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:33 - Aug 19 with 996 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:29 - Aug 19 by Leadbelly

JM must be under pressure to go.

This is not good enough.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:34 - Aug 19 with 995 viewsgerry_us

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:29 - Aug 19 by Leadbelly

Been there before but not this early
Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:38 - Aug 19 with 994 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:33 - Aug 19 by durham_exile

JM must be under pressure to go.

This is not good enough.

Up the U's

JM is insistent that he will not bring in any more signings but we need a Striker.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:41 - Aug 19 with 990 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:38 - Aug 19 by durham_exile

JM is insistent that he will not bring in any more signings but we need a Striker.

Come on the U's

Tariq Issa on for Wright, come on the youngster

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:45 - Aug 19 with 988 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:41 - Aug 19 by durham_exile

Tariq Issa on for Wright, come on the youngster

Up the U's

Shocking, shocking, shocking

JM must go

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:47 - Aug 19 with 982 viewsFruitbat

And 3-0 it is. Fortunately, Crawley have conceded so we're off the bottom!
Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:49 - Aug 19 with 977 viewsdurham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 16:45 - Aug 19 by durham_exile

Shocking, shocking, shocking

JM must go

Up the U's

Very disappointing

Simply not good enough.

JM out

Up theU's

Durham_exile

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 17:11 - Aug 19 with 960 viewsMoor_Pinot

JM should never have been "in" Durham.

But we are where we are and it is a most dis-spriting start. I don't think that the bloke knows how to address things. Last season it took a player [Guthrie] to do that but ....

Porter and Bonne scoring again but none of that matters now. The decline from 2008 is a continuum we have been unable to address yet and the worthy reality of the Chairman's statement may give one the satisfaction of knowing we'll not fold but it doesn't suggest ways in which we can slow the decline.

This has always felt like a watershed season to me. Very early yet of course but we do need to learn how to win before anything can be constructed to give our loyal support a lift.

Up the U's. Upward.

Moor Pinot

Hatters to be sartorially challenged by JM's blue and white Army today on 17:27 - Aug 19 with 944 viewsthrillseeker

Another good preview DE.

My biggest concern today is Craig Slater- why was he not even in starting XI and or subs?

Is he injured?
Is he leaving?
Is he just hated by McGreal for some reason?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024