Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Junior MUST play on Saturday! 15:41 - Jan 29 with 1890 viewsnoah4x4

Just returned from the U23s versus QPR (U's win 3-2).

I am seriously impressed with Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe. He scored two. His first, he dribbled through a number of defenders to slot home a perfect finish. His second, he deflected a powerful header from Prosser to put it out of reach of the goalkeeper. Powerful, fast, holds the ball well. With his back to goal; will receive the ball on his chest and has a brilliant turn to beat a defender. Takes up good positions; was always a handful. I would love to see him paired with Dickenson and KVY as wing backs. Reminded me of Iwelumo at his very best. Ryan Gondoh (also ex-Maldon) scored the third. Very young, but he looks decent too.
Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 16:28 - Jan 29 with 1883 viewsgerry_us

OOW, surely not Noah.,,may mean leaving out another defender. We all know how Mr McGreal relies on his defence.

Seriously though, like your line-up idea as Newport will be there for the taking on Saturday. Nobody in their team will want an injury or suspension just before the Spurs tie at Wembley and we should make the most of their presumable and understandable wish to stay out of trouble.
Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 18:28 - Jan 29 with 1854 viewsbwildered

How strong was the opposition U23 XI ? However a Noah recommendation is not received lightly !
If Junior can achieve what Iwelumo did in a U's shirt, a promising career surely awaits .
How did Gondoh perform, did he spend more time on his feet than last weeks previous U23 game ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 18:50 - Jan 29 with 1851 viewsdurham_exile

Noah, great news about Junior and I have been banging on about him getting more than the 1 minute that he was recently allowed (shades of Macca Bonne).

Unlikely to see Brennan Dickenson before the Coventry City game, but Courtney Senior is a rising star as well. Kurtis Guthrie has been lacklustre since his return and still hasn't signed his contract. Mikael Mandron lacks goals on a regular basis and is definitely not number one or two choice for centre forward.

So who would we play as the first eleven after Dickenson's return. Assuming JM's 3,4,1,2 formation or is that a bit of McCarthyism creeping in!!!!

Walker

Eastman Inniss Kent

Vincent-Young Comley Murray Dickenson

Szmodics

Junior Senior

But seriously Guthrie* plus one from Junior and Senior as the strike partnership!

Subs:
Gilmartin Prosser Marmite Guthrie* Mandron Jackson Kpekawa

Let us see how brave JM is against Newport. Incidentally do not write them off. They know that Wembley is a big pay day for them (the Spurs games grossing them £1M) but the league is their bread and butter and they have a chance of the play offs themselves.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 07:35 - Jan 30 with 1805 viewsnoah4x4

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 18:28 - Jan 29 by bwildered

How strong was the opposition U23 XI ? However a Noah recommendation is not received lightly !
If Junior can achieve what Iwelumo did in a U's shirt, a promising career surely awaits .
How did Gondoh perform, did he spend more time on his feet than last weeks previous U23 game ?

Admittedly not as physical as Swansea but QPR were quick and skilful. Prosser, Will Wright and James had to be on good form to keep them out.

Gondoh did stay on his feet. Looked much more assured and confident compared to his debut. Can beat his man and distributes the ball well. Unlike Junior, not yet ready for first team action. Still needs to beef up a bit more. But I believe he is only 18.

However, Junior excited everybody present. Bewildered will recall the powerful U23 Swansea Centre Forward. Think of him, but faster and seemingly more intelligent. Junior knows where the net is and is now 36 goals in 36 matches despite only getting 30 seconds game time versus Grimsby. Two yesterday maintains his record.

Also heard rumour from a pretty dependable source that both Norwich and Ipswich have put in a bid for Szmodics. Senior, Junior and Guthrie (or Mandron) would be my forward three as Szmodics has been almost anonymous in recent games. Yes, can score goals, but never looks fully match fit to me.
Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 09:59 - Jan 30 with 1796 viewsLeadbelly

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 07:35 - Jan 30 by noah4x4

Admittedly not as physical as Swansea but QPR were quick and skilful. Prosser, Will Wright and James had to be on good form to keep them out.

Gondoh did stay on his feet. Looked much more assured and confident compared to his debut. Can beat his man and distributes the ball well. Unlike Junior, not yet ready for first team action. Still needs to beef up a bit more. But I believe he is only 18.

However, Junior excited everybody present. Bewildered will recall the powerful U23 Swansea Centre Forward. Think of him, but faster and seemingly more intelligent. Junior knows where the net is and is now 36 goals in 36 matches despite only getting 30 seconds game time versus Grimsby. Two yesterday maintains his record.

Also heard rumour from a pretty dependable source that both Norwich and Ipswich have put in a bid for Szmodics. Senior, Junior and Guthrie (or Mandron) would be my forward three as Szmodics has been almost anonymous in recent games. Yes, can score goals, but never looks fully match fit to me.

If we let Szmodics leave at a discount could we persuade the buyer to take Mandron as well?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 20:22 - Jan 30 with 1743 viewsbwildered

Debutants that you instinctively knew would remain - Dowman, Rooster, Groves, Rudi and Lua Lua . Let's hope Junior can add his name . But surely even JM cannot gamble on playing Junior and Senior from the start Saturday .

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 16:30 - Feb 5 with 1626 viewsnoah4x4

Just returned from U's 5 - 2 Ipswich (U23).

McCarry Sherriff might have claimed the hat trick match ball, but two goal Junior can claim MOM. He scores goals for fun. That is his fourth in two U23 games against top of the (U23) league opposition (QPR and Ipswich). His bicycle kick today wouldn't have been bettered by Pele or Messi.
Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 17:10 - Feb 5 with 1588 viewsdurham_exile

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 16:30 - Feb 5 by noah4x4

Just returned from U's 5 - 2 Ipswich (U23).

McCarry Sherriff might have claimed the hat trick match ball, but two goal Junior can claim MOM. He scores goals for fun. That is his fourth in two U23 games against top of the (U23) league opposition (QPR and Ipswich). His bicycle kick today wouldn't have been bettered by Pele or Messi.

Noah, I have just read the report, there is a new Sheriff in town and his name is Decarrey.

But Junior scored two more and as you enthused about the bicycle kick, so did our own correspondent.

However will JM play both Junior, Senior, Mandeville and Stevenson at Carlisle?
Is he brave enough?
Does he really want promotion?

The truth is out there!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 17:58 - Feb 5 with 1565 viewsbwildered

Did Dickenson come through unscathed Noah ?

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 20:37 - Feb 5 with 1539 viewsnoah4x4

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 17:58 - Feb 5 by bwildered

Did Dickenson come through unscathed Noah ?

Dickenson played 45 minutes. He didn''t see an awful lot of the ball, but when he did he put in dangerous crosses. Spent a good deal of his time defending as Ispwich were far more effective in attack in the first half assisted by some shocking distribution from the U's goalkeeper that gifted them dangerous possession. Kpewaka also having yet another off day. Barnsley allegedly paid £450k for him; still only 21 but back with the U's. Must have a good agent. Let's hope he improves. Paul Rooney and Will Wright looked a different class and must now be ahead of him in the pecking order.

No evidence of injury to Diickenson, but he was substituted at HT. He is either in the frame for Saturday, or building up strength in 45 minute bursts.
Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 15:30 - Feb 6 with 1480 viewsHungryStudent

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 20:37 - Feb 5 by noah4x4

Dickenson played 45 minutes. He didn''t see an awful lot of the ball, but when he did he put in dangerous crosses. Spent a good deal of his time defending as Ispwich were far more effective in attack in the first half assisted by some shocking distribution from the U's goalkeeper that gifted them dangerous possession. Kpewaka also having yet another off day. Barnsley allegedly paid £450k for him; still only 21 but back with the U's. Must have a good agent. Let's hope he improves. Paul Rooney and Will Wright looked a different class and must now be ahead of him in the pecking order.

No evidence of injury to Diickenson, but he was substituted at HT. He is either in the frame for Saturday, or building up strength in 45 minute bursts.

What better way to introduce yourself to the club and try and force into the First Team than to score 4 in 2 games!

McGreal certainly has some difficult decisions to make now with options on the pitch. Courtney Senior has exploded onto the scene making 4 appearances scoring 2 and assisting 2. He, at the moment simply cannot be dropped! That said, how do you justify not playing our top goalscorer in Szmodics?

Mandron, a regular all season certainly isn't a goal scorer, that said he's got 9 for the season, but holds the ball up and links the game with experience beyond his years (only 23). Guthrie on the comeback from injury and a player we would like to get back to form. Mandeville, loaned from Doncaster, will certainly be after game time, Donny fans suggest we've got a rough diamond with him, get his head in the right place and he'll fly. Scored 10 in 27 in Doncaster's promotion season at only 19!
That means going forward we have:

Mandron,
Guthrie,
Szmodics,
Mandeville,
Junior Ogedi Ozokwe,
Senior,
Wright

For me personally, Szmodics is an out and out forward. He gets in behind the defenders and finds plenty of space. Dropping him into CAM will lose that attacking freedom! If we are to play 3-4-1-2 against Carlisle away I'd like to see:

Walker

KVY
Prosser
Kent
Eastman
Jackson

Comley
Stevenson
Senior

Szmodics
Mandron

BENCH:
Gilmartin
Inniss
Wright
Lapslie
Mandeville
Guthrie
Junior
Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 15:38 - Feb 6 with 1473 viewsdurham_exile

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 15:30 - Feb 6 by HungryStudent

What better way to introduce yourself to the club and try and force into the First Team than to score 4 in 2 games!

McGreal certainly has some difficult decisions to make now with options on the pitch. Courtney Senior has exploded onto the scene making 4 appearances scoring 2 and assisting 2. He, at the moment simply cannot be dropped! That said, how do you justify not playing our top goalscorer in Szmodics?

Mandron, a regular all season certainly isn't a goal scorer, that said he's got 9 for the season, but holds the ball up and links the game with experience beyond his years (only 23). Guthrie on the comeback from injury and a player we would like to get back to form. Mandeville, loaned from Doncaster, will certainly be after game time, Donny fans suggest we've got a rough diamond with him, get his head in the right place and he'll fly. Scored 10 in 27 in Doncaster's promotion season at only 19!
That means going forward we have:

Mandron,
Guthrie,
Szmodics,
Mandeville,
Junior Ogedi Ozokwe,
Senior,
Wright

For me personally, Szmodics is an out and out forward. He gets in behind the defenders and finds plenty of space. Dropping him into CAM will lose that attacking freedom! If we are to play 3-4-1-2 against Carlisle away I'd like to see:

Walker

KVY
Prosser
Kent
Eastman
Jackson

Comley
Stevenson
Senior

Szmodics
Mandron

BENCH:
Gilmartin
Inniss
Wright
Lapslie
Mandeville
Guthrie
Junior

Hungry Student - I've heard of the Hungry Sailors but not Hungry Student!

A very warm welcome to the site - I like the cut of your jib predictions wise.

Let us see how adventurous JM is on Saturday team wise.

Guthrie seems to be overlooked somewhat at present, is it a fitness thing or something else?

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 09:53 - Feb 7 with 1423 viewsHungryStudent

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 15:38 - Feb 6 by durham_exile

Hungry Student - I've heard of the Hungry Sailors but not Hungry Student!

A very warm welcome to the site - I like the cut of your jib predictions wise.

Let us see how adventurous JM is on Saturday team wise.

Guthrie seems to be overlooked somewhat at present, is it a fitness thing or something else?

Up the U's

Many thanks Durham!

Stumbled across the site but liking the look of the content. Much more in-depth than the Gazette comments section!!

I'm making the trip up on Saturday so looking forward to seeing what McGreal does. He said in today's papers: “We’ve got to get a squad that stays hungry and competitive and I think by making the changes, it added that little bit of a bite to training and in the performance." To me this suggests he's happy to chop and change things up now we've got a strong squad.

From memory Carlisle have been quite industrial so I wonder whether we'll try and bamboozle them with our quick, skilful players in Senior, Wright, Szmodics?

Guthrie not yet back in form, not sure he fits in with our system and very much a one man band, not a team player in any sense. Will be interesting to see our approach with him considering his contract is up at the end of the season. Others we need to worry about are:

Walker,
Dickenson,
Kpekawa,
Lapslie,
Loft,
Murray,
Senior,
KVY,
Wright

All out of contract at the end of the season! Certainly an interesting few months coming up.
Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 13:27 - Feb 7 with 1403 viewsLeadbelly

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 09:53 - Feb 7 by HungryStudent

Many thanks Durham!

Stumbled across the site but liking the look of the content. Much more in-depth than the Gazette comments section!!

I'm making the trip up on Saturday so looking forward to seeing what McGreal does. He said in today's papers: “We’ve got to get a squad that stays hungry and competitive and I think by making the changes, it added that little bit of a bite to training and in the performance." To me this suggests he's happy to chop and change things up now we've got a strong squad.

From memory Carlisle have been quite industrial so I wonder whether we'll try and bamboozle them with our quick, skilful players in Senior, Wright, Szmodics?

Guthrie not yet back in form, not sure he fits in with our system and very much a one man band, not a team player in any sense. Will be interesting to see our approach with him considering his contract is up at the end of the season. Others we need to worry about are:

Walker,
Dickenson,
Kpekawa,
Lapslie,
Loft,
Murray,
Senior,
KVY,
Wright

All out of contract at the end of the season! Certainly an interesting few months coming up.

Of those you mention that will be out of contract at the end of the season I would suggest the departure of Kpekawa (useless for a second time), Loft (permanently injured) and Wright (no end product) would be no loss whatsoever.

None of the others are indispensable although I hope Dickenson, if he returns at the level he showed last season, Senior, if he keeps up the good work, and KVY all sign new contracts.

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 22:26 - Feb 13 with 1276 viewsnoah4x4

Well, I hate to say "told you so"

Junior wins penalty; scores penalty, assists winner, and repeatedly troubled the visitors. But he must have had an off day. First time I have watched him when he hasn't scored two inside 90 minutes.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 22:27]
Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 22:31 - Feb 13 with 1265 viewsdurham_exile

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 22:26 - Feb 13 by noah4x4

Junior wins penalty; scores penalty, assists winner, and repeatedly troubled the visitors. But he must have had an off day. First time I have watched him when he hasn't scored two inside 90 minutes.

Noah we've all been saying the same and are delighted that Junior played and scored.

Of course it was Guthrie's injury that gave him the chance.

Good to see Dickenson back, now it's up to the players to push for a play off spot.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 23:28 - Feb 13 with 1249 viewsLeadbelly

Junior MUST play on Saturday! on 22:26 - Feb 13 by noah4x4

I thought Junior did very well. Put himself about, caused problems for defenders and, best of all, looked like it meant something to be wearing the blue and white stripes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024