Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer dealings 15:31 - Aug 8 with 1144 viewsLeadbelly

The transfer window closes at 17.00 tomorrow.

Should we expect any further business involving Col U, either arrivals or departures?

If yes to the above, where do we need further recruits, who may be interesting other clubs and who may benefit from a loan period elsewhere?

Has the club dealt with this transfer window in a more or less satisfactory manner than we've seen in recent years?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:25 - Aug 8 with 1135 viewsgerry_us

Oo-er!
Got Burnsies prob!
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 17:28]
Transfer dealings on 17:25 - Aug 8 with 1135 viewsgerry_us

Let's start again...
Just going with Saturday's performance some if not all of the incomers look to be pretty good team players and just what was needed to supplement the reducing nucleus of last year's squad. I cannot see we need any more player that would then result in other players shipped out to (God forbid) Maldon & Tiptree. They need to stay and fight for a place in the squad with their performances in training and U23 football.
Feeling more positive than for many seasons but then Saturday could be a kick in the b××ls. That's the way it goes for us U's fans unfortunately but we learn to live with it over time.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 17:28]
Transfer dealings on 20:14 - Aug 8 with 1108 viewsFruitbat

I would think that, unless someone leaves unexpectedly, we're done. I've actually been reasonably impressed with how this window has been conducted. We appear to have had some specific targets and gone for them in plenty of time very much unlike last season when we were scratching around and wound up with Odelusi, Hanlan and Kabamba at the tail end of the window presumably because they were what was left.

We also haven't signed anyone untested (boy keepers aside) which makes a pleasant change. Norris, Nouble and Pell have all got plenty of experience and even Collins has got 50 games under his belt.

Whether this marks some longer term change in strategic thinking we'll have to wait and see but it's certainly welcome in my book. Probably ups the pressure on McG to achieve though.
Transfer dealings on 22:15 - Aug 8 with 1088 viewswessex_exile

We might have had a target in mind to replace KVY, but thankfully if we had, they're not needed now, so I'd say we're done. Like others, I'm impressed with how McGreal got his business done early, clearly targeting (and capturing) specific players, and in my opinion definitely one of our better transfer windows in recent years.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Transfer dealings on 12:38 - Aug 9 with 1026 viewsburnsieespana

Yes one of the best transfer windows for a longtime and more than adequately replaced those that either left or were not offered a new contract.
Am even comfortable with the keeper situation as we seem to have got a couple of good boys for the future, Barnes had to have a chance and now he has it but at sametime we have Gilmartin as decent backup.
Business done early, money spent on specific targets early in the window.
Very glad KVY signed and reading between the lines I reckon he made the final decision to sign.
Personally would be exceedingly surprised if anybody went today.
Transfer dealings on 13:45 - Aug 9 with 1014 viewswessex_exile

Transfer dealings on 12:38 - Aug 9 by burnsieespana

Yes one of the best transfer windows for a longtime and more than adequately replaced those that either left or were not offered a new contract.
Am even comfortable with the keeper situation as we seem to have got a couple of good boys for the future, Barnes had to have a chance and now he has it but at sametime we have Gilmartin as decent backup.
Business done early, money spent on specific targets early in the window.
Very glad KVY signed and reading between the lines I reckon he made the final decision to sign.
Personally would be exceedingly surprised if anybody went today.

Almost certainly complete bullmuck, but there's a rumour circulating that we're looking at out-of-contract player Shola Ameobi...

Up the U's

Transfer dealings on 19:17 - Aug 9 with 978 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer dealings on 13:45 - Aug 9 by wessex_exile

Almost certainly complete bullmuck, but there's a rumour circulating that we're looking at out-of-contract player Shola Ameobi...

At least he would qualify as a concession.

However if considered to be too old for Nolans dads army I cannot believe we would consider a serious offer!

Up the millennial U's

Durham_exile

Transfer dealings on 19:47 - Aug 9 with 970 viewsgerry_us

Transfer dealings on 19:17 - Aug 9 by durham_exile

At least he would qualify as a concession.

However if considered to be too old for Nolans dads army I cannot believe we would consider a serious offer!

Up the millennial U's

Was surprised that he was not still with County as he was a pain in the butt last season against us.
Would be an interesting addition to what is a pretty young squad. Proven goalscorer and if nothing else we do need one.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer dealings on 22:11 - Aug 9 with 952 viewswessex_exile

Transfer dealings on 19:47 - Aug 9 by gerry_us

Was surprised that he was not still with County as he was a pain in the butt last season against us.
Would be an interesting addition to what is a pretty young squad. Proven goalscorer and if nothing else we do need one.

I was slightly surprised Notts Co let him go as well, but his goal-scoring record since he left the Premier League hasn't be that good at all. Norris (14), Szmods (13), Mandron (10) and Nouble (10) all did better last season than Ameobi (6). If we want a real pain-in-the-arse big unit in the box to unsettle defences, and obviously draw their attention, then he'd be a good call, but he's a free agent, so no rush right now.

Up the U's

Transfer dealings on 19:29 - Sep 3 with 819 viewsburnsieespana

I see Cameron James has joined Braintree on a half season loan. A good move for all. Once Ed as he will get game time at a decent level under an up and coming Manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024