Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's 22:58 - Sep 28 with 1261 viewsdurham_exile

JMc and his high-flying Super U’s welcome the Shakers, managed by former player Ryan Lowe to the JobServe Community Stadium on Saturday, for a vital league two match.

Last weekend the U’s were taught a lesson in the dangers of failing to see games out when in a commanding position, by allowing Oldham to secure a late point when we should have won all three. Now at the end of the season that may turn out to be a valuable point, but clearly it was two dropped at Boundary Park.

Still Bury are the new opponents who must be neutralised at Fortress JobServe. Saturday will reacquaint an old favourite from that famous 2006 promotion winning season, in the shape of Neil Danns. He scored 28 goals in 87 appearances for Colchester and was a firm favourite amongst the Colchester faithful. Bury also have the dangerous striker Jermaine Beckford on their books and at 34 years of age, he can still do damage in the lower leagues.

The table suggest that things are still tight even down to 15th place:

Lincoln 9 22
Exeter 9 19
Newport 9 19
COL U 9 16
Carlisle 9 16
Yeovil 9 15
Oldham 9 15
FGR 9 15
Swindon 9 15
Stevenage 9 15
MK Dons 9 14
Bury 9 13
Tranmere 9 13
PV 9 13
Crawley 9 13

With the Shakers and the Glovers providing successive home matches, six points must be the aim to ensure we keep within the promotion pack and should be looking to secure a top three berth.

The club have also been busy this week by announcing the opening of a pop-up bar, which will be situated next to the Hot Shots café. The Barside Army from those halcyon Layer Road days have demanded such a location since 2008 and have now been rewarded for their efforts. Let us hope that the home fans will be in celebratory mood come 4.50pm.

The welcome news that Tom Lapslie played 60 minutes for the U23’s against Maldon the other day bodes well for the future. Whilst Paul Rooney has been loaned to Bromley for a month where he has joined up with Junior who has scored six goals for his loan club so far.

JMc must decide whether to name an unchanged team or whether he should consider starting Tom Eastman in a three-man defence. I would like to see at home a 3,4,3 formation as follows:

Barnes

Eastman Prosser Kent

Jackson Pell Comley Vincent-Young

Nouble Norris Dickenson

Subs:
Ross Gondoh Szmodics Senior Collins Wright Mandron

The alternative is to play Szmodics, but leave Eastman on the bench. The onus is always on the home side to make the running and I feel a more attack minded line up must be favourite.

It may be therefore apposite to offer Collins, Szmodics and Senior game time during the match, dependent on how the scoreline is looking.

This week has seen much dry weather and sunny intervals in Durham. Colchester is due to see 15C on Saturday with mostly cloudy conditions and light winds. A pleasant autumnal day for football.

The pitch will be in pristine condition and an expectant crowd will be hoping for another home victory. The start to the season has been impressive and it must be maintained.

JMc is right to credit the players, but he has been positive in often selecting two strikers and has secured some important results. The most pleasing fact is the goal scoring which has previously been a problem, but players are all weighing in with vital goals and in Luke Norris we have a striker capable of scoring 20+ goals this season.

Enjoy the game, make some noise and Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 08:15 - Sep 29 with 1227 viewsghughes11

I predict the same line up as the previous two games and a 2-1 win for The U's! No one deserves to be dropped yet, however McG does need to use his substitutes earlier and obviously the correct ones ie Senior on instead of Eastman

C'mon Col U!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 14:52 - Sep 29 with 1192 viewsdurham_exile

Team news:

Barnes

Jackson Kent Prosser Vincent-Young

Senior Comley Pell

Szmodics Norris Nouble

Subs
Ross Eastman Wright Gondoh Dickenson Mandron Collins

In other news the new bar is packed out, supporters enjoying the sunshine.

Up the U's

score 4-1 to the Super U's

Durham_exile

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 14:58 - Sep 29 with 1191 viewsdurham_exile

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 14:52 - Sep 29 by durham_exile

Team news:

Barnes

Jackson Kent Prosser Vincent-Young

Senior Comley Pell

Szmodics Norris Nouble

Subs
Ross Eastman Wright Gondoh Dickenson Mandron Collins

In other news the new bar is packed out, supporters enjoying the sunshine.

Up the U's

score 4-1 to the Super U's

Beckford on the bench for the Shakers, the dangerous Chris Dagnall starts.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 15:10 - Sep 29 with 1188 viewsdurham_exile

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 14:58 - Sep 29 by durham_exile

Beckford on the bench for the Shakers, the dangerous Chris Dagnall starts.

Up the U's

Eastman on for Kent who sadly was injured.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 15:21 - Sep 29 with 1185 viewsgerry_us

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 15:10 - Sep 29 by durham_exile

Eastman on for Kent who sadly was injured.

Up the U's

Well, it did get Eastman on the pitch. Hope it not serious for Frankie though.
Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 15:36 - Sep 29 with 1178 viewswessex_exile

Good move from Bury, take a 1-0 lead :-(

Come on the U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 15:37 - Sep 29 with 1178 viewsdurham_exile

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 15:21 - Sep 29 by gerry_us

Well, it did get Eastman on the pitch. Hope it not serious for Frankie though.

Eastman now injured and worse still we are 1-0 down.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 18:28 - Sep 29 with 1123 viewsdurham_exile

An even sort of game COL U 55% to Shakers 45% possession
Both sides had 13 shots and we had 4 on target to their 5.
Colchester 8 corners to Bury's 4.

Attendance 3,161 with 162 from the Shakers.

Two very disappointing home defeats which we must sort out if we are to win this league.

Bring on the Glovers

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 18:38 - Sep 29 with 1118 viewsLeadbelly

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 18:28 - Sep 29 by durham_exile

An even sort of game COL U 55% to Shakers 45% possession
Both sides had 13 shots and we had 4 on target to their 5.
Colchester 8 corners to Bury's 4.

Attendance 3,161 with 162 from the Shakers.

Two very disappointing home defeats which we must sort out if we are to win this league.

Bring on the Glovers

Up the U's

Been to two games this season. You can probably guess which two!

Plenty of possession but no real cutting edge. Bury took their chances and we didn’t.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 19:31 - Sep 29 with 1096 viewsdurham_exile

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 18:38 - Sep 29 by Leadbelly

Been to two games this season. You can probably guess which two!

Plenty of possession but no real cutting edge. Bury took their chances and we didn’t.

LB - sorry to hear your match selection has been so unfortunate.

Before you decide on another home game this season think about going to Elland Road instead!!!!

Anyway Up the U's

Durham_exile

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 19:35 - Sep 29 with 1090 viewsLeadbelly

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 19:31 - Sep 29 by durham_exile

LB - sorry to hear your match selection has been so unfortunate.

Before you decide on another home game this season think about going to Elland Road instead!!!!

Anyway Up the U's

Good idea. I feel like a bit of a Jonah at the moment.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 21:28 - Sep 29 with 1060 viewsMoor_Pinot

Spurred on by Wessex' advice I paid just 6€ and watched live on I-follow - cheers Wessex.
The better and more grown up team won and should have had two more. Nevertheless losing both centre halves would be a problem for better sides than McGreal's.
I couldn't fault the shifts put in by Nouble Pell Senior and Jackson. Barnes was fine but Comley was out of his depth and Szmodics anonymous while Dickenson will play better. We did not use the ball well in possession which is why Norris saw nothing of the ball in the first half. Without an improvement the U's could waste one of our better strikers in recent times. But holistically Bury were more cohesive more dangerous than us and frankly looked to have better players. I've never rated KVY but today I pick him as our best over the 99mins. Great pity about Eastman as he is not only a good defender but distributes better than most.
Can't say my 6€ gave me much confidence for Tuesday though, so fingers crossed the 2250 who go will see a more urgent and upbeat team effort than today or we shall be in the bottom half of the league again!
Up the U's - make better use of what we have.

Moor Pinot

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 21:50 - Sep 29 with 1052 viewsnoah4x4

Kent, achilles, Eastman broken nose, all reserve centre halves out on loan. We are going to struggle against Yeovil.
Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 16:10 - Sep 30 with 936 viewsburnsieespana

Do we have a recall clause for James?
Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 11:06 - Oct 2 with 824 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 21:50 - Sep 29 by noah4x4

Kent, achilles, Eastman broken nose, all reserve centre halves out on loan. We are going to struggle against Yeovil.

Wiil Eastman not be fit to play? It's only his nose and I think his modelling career was already in the doldrums. If not will we revert to three at the back or will Jackson or Vincent-Young drop into the middle with Prosser? Need to get back to winning ways tonight.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 13:25 - Oct 2 with 813 viewsdurham_exile

Shakers to be all shook up by the Super U's on 11:06 - Oct 2 by RSCOSWORTH

Wiil Eastman not be fit to play? It's only his nose and I think his modelling career was already in the doldrums. If not will we revert to three at the back or will Jackson or Vincent-Young drop into the middle with Prosser? Need to get back to winning ways tonight.

RS - I think that Luke Prosser will be partnered by young Ollie Kensdale in defence.

I am more concerned about Luke Norris failing to play with his ankle injury.

Still big Frank will play as Centre Forward and JMc could play Senior and Dickenson.

We will see

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024