Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday's game 09:26 - Nov 4 with 1993 viewsburnsieespana

My first game of the season.
Colchester are a different team with Prosser fit, Pell in midfield and Nouble real class.
Sammy took his goal well and it seemed to me Norriss's injury effected his old team mates more on the restart but great work by Nouble.
When Swindon pressed much higher up the pitch in the first part of the sound half it was good, in my opinion to see us use longer balls to nullify.
My son who has played football at a fairly high level and is a keen follower of Liverpool came with me and commented it was a most enjoyable game to watch.
Overall I thought the U's did well.
Yesterday's game on 10:36 - Nov 4 with 1974 viewsMoor_Pinot

Agree, John; I saw it all on i-follow and it wasn't as good a game as the Crawley win. For much of the first half I felt we were being stifled by a manager whose homework on us was better than our manager's on his - inferior - team but Sammie's goal changed that. I wish we had pressed for a second after all the changes around the hour mark and you are right, Nouble is a class act and we don't quite have the nous to benefit from him and his movement. Senior in particular is a handful whose distribution and reading of the game yesterday was poor. He will play better games for us. But you are right that defensively Prosser bosses a reasonable backline and we have only let one goal in in the last 6 hours so that is comforting. Yesterday we missed our centre forward - who in truth was having a quiet game this time - several cut-backs went unrewarded for example. Mandron was again introduced too late so one wonders what the plan will be if Norris is badly injured. If it's bad it will at least stop him moving on perhaps!
All in all an old style division four game where the better players were clearly ours and this gives me hope that if they are used to their potential.....and play to it...we may indeed qualify for the play-offs this time. MK look like champions to me - or Lincoln who were poor last week - and Bury may well be the dark horse. For now it is refreshing to see us win two games running and to be in the position we are - deservedly so in my view.

Moor Pinot

Yesterday's game on 15:23 - Nov 4 with 1941 viewsgerry_us

Regretably 1-0 seems to be a frightening score for McGreal which results in all-out "defending" when we should be looking to put the game to bed with another goal or two. We now have the resources up front to score goals so why not use them and not try to park the bus when we get ahead which we have proven this season we are incapable of doing.
One more gripe...why is McG constantly benching our most reliable defender, namely Eastman, who in each of the games I have watched this year (admittedly few) has been head and shoulders MOM ... IMHO.
Yesterday's game on 19:17 - Nov 4 with 1895 viewsburnsieespana

Thought Prosser and Kent both had good solid games yesterday so we are lucky to have three good central defenders. They will all be needed as BBC Essex seem to think both Prosser and Pell on five yellow cards.
Yesterday's game on 17:17 - Nov 5 with 1823 viewsbwildered

Just as well the performance on the pitch was better than that off it .

The pre match minutes silence , although impeccably observated by all, was a complete embrasament by those who conducted the proceedings .
[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 17:25]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Yesterday's game on 21:22 - Nov 5 with 1786 viewsthrillseeker

Yesterday's game on 17:17 - Nov 5 by bwildered

Just as well the performance on the pitch was better than that off it .

The pre match minutes silence , although impeccably observated by all, was a complete embrasament by those who conducted the proceedings .
[Post edited 5 Nov 2018 17:25]

100% agreement with you

Totally shambolic and an embarrassment to the club despite the good intentions
Yesterday's game on 20:33 - Nov 6 with 1735 viewsburnsieespana

Sorry as somebody much involved with the British Legion not sure I either agree with you or understand what you are saying. Yes the stadium announcer made a bit of a meal of what was to be said but apart from that it seemed ok to me.
Yesterday's game on 23:53 - Nov 7 with 1682 viewswessex_exile

Yesterday's game on 20:33 - Nov 6 by burnsieespana

Sorry as somebody much involved with the British Legion not sure I either agree with you or understand what you are saying. Yes the stadium announcer made a bit of a meal of what was to be said but apart from that it seemed ok to me.

Not being there and relying on the IFollow commentary, I think we have to look beyond the delivery and focus just on the sentiment. Well done all involved for doing their best for the best of intentions.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Yesterday's game on 09:59 - Nov 8 with 1660 viewsnoah4x4

I suspect that the announcer and referee had not previously viewed the video and nobody had warned them that the Last Post was unexpectedly repeated (like a second verse). So it unfortunately carried on playing after the referee (who had his back to the video screen) had blown his whistle for the minute of silence.

It's the first time I recall not having a real bugler and it is simply a lesson for the future as nobody might have anticipated this outcome. But the commemoration was conducted with complete dignity by the participants and 100% respected by the crowd despite this unfortunate technology hitch. I don't see this incident as an embarrassment to the club as any briefing about the video content was down to the Army. Never trust untested technology, kids or animals.

On the field, although this sounds ridiculous, I thought it was good news that Pell and Prosser were booked. It means they miss the FA Cup game but as promotion is the higher priority it is better that they miss that rather than any league game. Am going to Accrington, but hold no expectations of getting a result. Tough draw.
Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday's game on 17:32 - Nov 8 with 1637 viewsburnsieespana

Agree promotion is the priority and although a Cup run generates money an interest it can also be a distrction.
Has it been confirmed Pell & Prosser out of the Cup games as don't seem to have seen anything. BBC Essex on Saturday didn't seem sure either particularly about Prosser.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024