Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
15 years ago today! 09:25 - May 6 with 523 viewsdurham_exile

Phil Parkinson's supremos clinched Promotion to the promised land at Huish Park Yeovil. May 6th 2006.

The greatest 0-0 scoreline in our history!

8,785 attendance of which we had about 1,700.

Dean Gerken

John White
Liam Chilvers
Pat (Rio) Baldwin
Greg Halford

Karl Duguid
Neil Danns
Kevin Watson

Scott Vernon
Chris Iwelumo
Jamal Campbell-Ryce

Subs
Kem Izzet
Tony Thorpe
Mark Cousins
Billy Clarke
Garry Richards

Andre Marriner was the ref!

Wessex will the random match selector do this justice this weekend!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

15 years ago today! on 10:21 - May 6 with 504 viewsRSCOSWORTH

And what a day it was! Possibly the most nervous I've ever felt at a football match but it was all worth it in the end. Strange to think that Southend won the title that day and are now going to be playing non-league football next season.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

15 years ago today! on 11:17 - May 6 with 498 viewswessex_exile

Unlikely Durham, as it's not in my memorabilia collection, but it may well feature in some guise eventually. By the time me and others got to the ground after a very enjoyable pre-match session in the nearby pub, there wasn't a programme to be found for love nor money.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

15 years ago today! on 15:34 - May 6 with 465 viewsthrillseeker

I got more points than the U's that day

Got photographed doing 87 in a 70 ,............

3 points and a £70 fine

One of the worst games of football but still my favourite day in 40+ years of supporting the U's. I am so glad I was there that day

When back in Colchester we went celebrating and then met players in a bar on Crouch Street. Got some very blurry eyed/ drunken pictures.

I still have my white CUFC polo shirt I wore that day. It's not been used since that day
[Post edited 6 May 2021 15:38]
15 years ago today! on 17:13 - May 6 with 450 viewsdurham_exile

My Wife and I and our two sons drove down to Bridgwater on the Friday night. 310 miles!

On the Saturday we went to the match after calling at the Clarks Village at Street (my Wife went shopping in Yeovil during the game). After the game drove back to Bridgwater and had a very enjoyable evening in the Boat and Anchor pub. Returned home via Telford on the Sunday.

A great weekend. The atmosphere after the game was simply electric (we weren't allowed on the pitch) but the Yeovil supporters were very gracious towards us. Great scenes, great emotion.

I remember a gentleman standing near me told me he had waited 65 years for this moment.

RS absolutely right, Southend won the league and now have been consigned to the National League.

Johnny White and Greg Halford still playing for Southend. Dean Gerken back at Col U.

Amazing times and memories.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024