Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Live Streaming - confusion? 07:28 - Aug 13 with 907 viewsnoah4x4

Just received my (seasons pass) invitation for my Northampton ticket. It suggests that if I decline for covid reasons the game will be live streamed for my benefit, which is contrary to EFL guidance. I am now confused. Has the ticketing office not changed the 2020/21 system or can I actually view live on the Internet? Could others living distant and unable to travel buy a match pass then decline it?

I can't attend the match, but if sat at cricket waiting for the rain to stop.......

Live Streaming - confusion? on 08:18 - Aug 13 with 893 viewsbwildered

In respect of domestic streaming, the EFL will return to the position as was prior to the pandemic when the live broadcast or streaming of any match in England, Wales and Northern Ireland is prohibited between the hours of 2:45pm-5:15pm on Saturday afternoons.

EFL Clubs will have the right to live-stream midweek matches on iFollow or Club equivalent service, with Sky Sports also able to stream the same Championship fixtures to subscribers across their Red Button interactive and digital services.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 8:22]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Live Streaming - confusion? on 10:01 - Aug 13 with 875 viewsDaniel

I paid £10 and watched the Carlisle game last Saturday on ifollow just as I would have last season. Perhaps the EFL forgot to turn the blackout back on!?
Live Streaming - confusion? on 12:28 - Aug 13 with 849 viewsnoah4x4

Live Streaming - confusion? on 10:01 - Aug 13 by Daniel

I paid £10 and watched the Carlisle game last Saturday on ifollow just as I would have last season. Perhaps the EFL forgot to turn the blackout back on!?

Sounds like an ooops moment at the Jobserve.

Sssscccchhhhhh 🤦🏻‍♂️…..don’t tell them!
Live Streaming - confusion? on 20:04 - Aug 13 with 804 viewswessex_exile

Live Streaming - confusion? on 10:01 - Aug 13 by Daniel

Did you buy a season pass Daniel? Think you can watch the ifollow stream if you can't get to the match, and then have it discounted off your season pass cost?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Live Streaming - confusion? on 21:29 - Aug 13 with 796 viewsnoah4x4

I have just declined my match ticket. The Auto-Response says “no streaming access” and I have been refunded £10.18 (at Senior Citizens rate).

Quite happy with that as I can’t attend for other reasons. However, I don’t think this is how it it is supposed to work! In previous seasons as a season ticket holder I would not get a refund if I missed any matches. I think this is possibly another oops moment. But it seems you can’t get access to a live stream.
Live Streaming - confusion? on 23:25 - Aug 13 with 787 viewsDaniel

Live Streaming - confusion? on 20:04 - Aug 13 by wessex_exile

Did you buy a season pass Daniel? Think you can watch the ifollow stream if you can't get to the match, and then have it discounted off your season pass cost?

No, I just logged on on the off chance that the Carlisle game might be available, it had the live stream link as per last season and I bought a game pass for £10.

Perhaps Carlisle were streaming the game on the basis that ifollow and a match ticket were the same price?
Live Streaming - confusion? on 07:23 - Aug 14 with 776 viewsnoah4x4

I simply think some clubs have yet to sort out systems post the ending of Covid restrictions.

As a season pass holder, just like when a season ticket holder last season, I got an email saying I needed to sign a health declaration to enter the ground and if I declined, I would get a live stream instead. I declined my Northampton pass, and got an email saying NO live stream, plus a refund of £10.80 (equivalent to one match at the old geezers rate). Suits me, as I have a cricket commitment, and always miss games in August.

My guess is if you buy a single match pass then decline the health declaration something similar will occur, but Daniel got lucky as they had not turned off stream access and by coincidence Carlisle was charging £10 admission, the same as a (past) stream. I hence got £0.18 refunded for most home matches last season.
Live Streaming - confusion? on 10:44 - Aug 14 with 762 viewsdurham_exile

Live Streaming - confusion? on 07:23 - Aug 14 by noah4x4

I simply think some clubs have yet to sort out systems post the ending of Covid restrictions.

As a season pass holder, just like when a season ticket holder last season, I got an email saying I needed to sign a health declaration to enter the ground and if I declined, I would get a live stream instead. I declined my Northampton pass, and got an email saying NO live stream, plus a refund of £10.80 (equivalent to one match at the old geezers rate). Suits me, as I have a cricket commitment, and always miss games in August.

My guess is if you buy a single match pass then decline the health declaration something similar will occur, but Daniel got lucky as they had not turned off stream access and by coincidence Carlisle was charging £10 admission, the same as a (past) stream. I hence got £0.18 refunded for most home matches last season.

Have purchased the match commentary for £2.50

Bring on the Cobblers.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024