Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grecian 2012 - a restorative solution 18:34 - Mar 30 with 357 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester end a momentous nine game March on Saturday at the only St James’s Park in the Country.

Following their midweek defeat at the Saddlers, the U’s will be keen to atone for errors which cost them on Tuesday by returning to winning ways.

After all we haven’t won for 6 games now!!!!!

JW will be resting young Tom Eastman which means a return for Matt Heath
JW might also rest Johnny White who I thought had a shocker at the Bescot failing repeatedly to stop vital crosses into the box.

Team:

Williams

Wilson Magnus Heath Rose

Vincent Izzet Bond Woody

Massey Odejayi

Bench:

White Doogie Henderson Gillespie Sears

I would make other changes and rest Stevie G and Hendo bringing in Vincent and Massey but playing the latter in an advanced forward position, Massey was not as effective on the left side of midfield on Tuesday.

I would also bring Ben Coker back possibly for the home game against the Monkey Hangers.

Paul Tisdale needs points for his Exeter team, but we must put all sentiment aside and look to defeat them. Tisdale has some ex Colchester players in his squad including Rio and Jamie Cureton. Both could start tomorrow.

This is the start of our last 7 games this season. Realistically we are not going to win all 7 games and even if we did 73 points will probably not be enough for sixth place. We should however try to win as many as possible. We are now officially safe and so should play with confidence and a desire to win.

And I’m not sorry to say this; we should be winning at Exeter and fairly comfortably as well.

Enjoy the Devon sunshine and come back with three points.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Grecian 2012 - a restorative solution on 17:27 - Apr 2 with 315 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Nine out of eleven isn't bad!

What was it March then? 2 wins, 6 draws and 1 defeat?

Stats can say whatever you want them to say...one defeat in 11 or no wins in 7...you decide!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Grecian 2012 - a restorative solution on 18:25 - Apr 2 with 309 viewsBarsidepete

Grecian 2012 - a restorative solution on 17:27 - Apr 2 by RSCOSWORTH

Nine out of eleven isn't bad!

What was it March then? 2 wins, 6 draws and 1 defeat?

Stats can say whatever you want them to say...one defeat in 11 or no wins in 7...you decide!

This dialogue has persisted in recent seasons where The U's have indeed done just that, these kind of form-reports built on 1 or 2 games won plus 7-8 draws and one defeat.

We'd wonder of this was a harbinger of draws that would eventually turn into victories or if during a run of bad luck the bottom would finally fall out. I'd say draws are like defeats at this point. Steady and slow does not win the race this late in the season.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024