Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phillips 13:41 - Jul 4 with 15434 viewseghamranger

Fee agreed...5.5 million... On sky

Get in!!!!
Phillips on 13:45 - Jul 4 with 7192 viewspaulparker

well I cant believe it

we are actually going to make a profit on a player , the first time in 5 years of calamity Tones reign of ineptitude

woo hoo 1.5 million pounds profit , let the good times roll

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Phillips on 13:51 - Jul 4 with 7133 viewsNorthernr

Probably the right move for all parties but it's nine assists and and eight goals going out of last year's team that will need replacing.
Phillips on 13:52 - Jul 4 with 7122 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Phillips on 13:45 - Jul 4 by paulparker

well I cant believe it

we are actually going to make a profit on a player , the first time in 5 years of calamity Tones reign of ineptitude

Does he need a lift
Phillips on 13:55 - Jul 4 with 7091 viewsrichranger

...and with Fer going too will mean £10 million in transfer fees gained - plus of course saving on their wages too. With Hoilet seemingly gone too, should be able to bring in 4-5 new players for that at least.
Phillips on 13:59 - Jul 4 with 7062 viewsrsonist

well I cant believe it

[EDIT sorry thought we were talking about Fer]
[Post edited 4 Jul 2016 14:00]
Phillips on 14:10 - Jul 4 with 6986 viewsCamberleyR

Phillips on 13:51 - Jul 4 by Northernr

Probably the right move for all parties but it's nine assists and and eight goals going out of last year's team that will need replacing.

" nine assists and and eight goals "

And sod all work rate.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Phillips on 14:24 - Jul 4 with 6912 viewssimmo

TBF, he still has to pass a medical! I'm trying to reserve things until I see them holding up that team shirt...

If it happens, it's a decent deal for all involved

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Phillips on 14:32 - Jul 4 with 6852 viewsToast_R

Flash in the pan sort of player.
He'll do something brilliant but no sod knows when it'll happen, including himself.
I'd much rather a Jamie Mackie type player then a Phillips at this level. You'll get found out all too often if you are carrying passengers 75% of the match.
Login to get fewer ads

Phillips on 14:38 - Jul 4 with 6813 viewsDWQPR

Phillips on 14:32 - Jul 4 by Toast_R

Flash in the pan sort of player.
He'll do something brilliant but no sod knows when it'll happen, including himself.
I'd much rather a Jamie Mackie type player then a Phillips at this level. You'll get found out all too often if you are carrying passengers 75% of the match.

I'd rather have neither of them. Phillips first season, only a short spell after Xmas did he look like a player that we thought we bought then he did his ankle at home to Burnley and disappeared. In the PL he was lazy and weak and only once Ramsey come in did he look much better and had that purple spell, but I still that was because he was given some excellent support from Mauricio Isla when going forward and last season once again he reverted to type. Overall, an overhyped footballer who thinks he is better than he actually is. Has a decent shot but cannot take a defender on. Mackie on the other hand, looked good under Warnock and had that goalscoring run when he first came, certainly the fans love his all out efforts for ninety minutes, which it seems his body will no longer tolerate, but as a footballer he is pretty limited. Hopefully with the wedge that is coming into the club Les and JFH will be able to tick a few more off their wish list and turn it into reality.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Phillips on 14:42 - Jul 4 with 6779 viewsDiscodroids

A Fair deal .

I suppose one from Gladwin/Patrasso/El Khayati/ Mackie can share one wing . Imo we defo need a central midfielder like Ibiza needs another Infectious dirty beat tight-as-fuk Chic Disco Lick From Nile Rodgers this summer.

Is Robinson still here?, after Bidwell coming here can he play further forward on the left ?.

Also Its all gone quiet on my favourite QPR player of all time ,Armand Traore.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2016 14:43]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Phillips on 14:50 - Jul 4 with 6744 viewsCamberleyR

Phillips on 14:42 - Jul 4 by Discodroids

A Fair deal .

I suppose one from Gladwin/Patrasso/El Khayati/ Mackie can share one wing . Imo we defo need a central midfielder like Ibiza needs another Infectious dirty beat tight-as-fuk Chic Disco Lick From Nile Rodgers this summer.

Is Robinson still here?, after Bidwell coming here can he play further forward on the left ?.

Robinson played the first half of the friendly at Aldershot on Friday. He's also in the Dutch tour squad.

Phillips on 14:54 - Jul 4 with 6717 viewsadhoc_qpr

Good deal financially for the club for sure.

We badly need some proven quality in midfield/wing now though - Gladwin, Petrasso and El Khayati haven't shown much and Mackie is coming off a terrible injury.

Let's hope the club has soon realistic targets in mind to fill these positions.

And let's not do what we did last summer and sign Perch, Konch and Toszer just to get bodies in!
Phillips on 14:56 - Jul 4 with 6695 viewshoof_hearted

Well he drove us spare last season looking like he was trying to stay clear of injury but he still created more danger than anyone else we had - just nobody good enough to take advantage of dozens of great crosses once Charlie had left.
Phillips on 14:57 - Jul 4 with 6689 viewslave16

Phillips on 14:54 - Jul 4 by adhoc_qpr

Good deal financially for the club for sure.

We badly need some proven quality in midfield/wing now though - Gladwin, Petrasso and El Khayati haven't shown much and Mackie is coming off a terrible injury.

Let's hope the club has soon realistic targets in mind to fill these positions.

And let's not do what we did last summer and sign Perch, Konch and Toszer just to get bodies in!

can we get some samba back mmm not sure whether I mean diakite or christopher.... just to even up the good financial moves we have made we usually need to make about 10 terrible ones

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Phillips on 15:06 - Jul 4 with 6617 viewsTacticalR

Phillips on 13:51 - Jul 4 by Northernr

He tided us over with goals and assists when Austin left and things were looking shaky.

Air hostess clique

Phillips on 15:08 - Jul 4 with 6603 viewsqpr1976

well I cant believe it

Er.... Danny Simpson ?
(Cue valid comments about should never have dold him & look what he's holding / worth now !)

So Phillips only made 10 great crosses after Charlie left ? In 20 (ish) games ? Good grief, you could have waited until he a tually signed for them.....
Phillips on 15:15 - Jul 4 with 6555 viewsCamberleyR

Didn't we make a couple of million on Remy as well?

Phillips on 15:19 - Jul 4 with 6538 viewsBostonR

Now go and buy Callum Harriott from Charlton FC.
Phillips on 15:40 - Jul 4 with 6452 viewsbosh67

A fair deal. Good luck to him. Kind of under achieved with a few moments of brilliance along the way.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Phillips on 15:44 - Jul 4 with 6420 viewsHonkytonks

Thank you and goodbye...let's move on!
Phillips on 16:22 - Jul 4 with 6279 viewsdavman

I'm with Clive on this one. Although he appeared not to care too much at times last season (especially defensively), I can't see Petrasso, Gladwin and El Khayeti matching those assist and goals figures together next season. I'm also not convinced any of them are going to better his rather limited defensive efforts either to be honest.

Still, if we believe what we're told , that'll be £10m in a spending pot to get replacements in once Matty and Leroy have gone...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Phillips on 17:13 - Jul 4 with 6111 viewsderbyhoop

Phillips on 14:24 - Jul 4 by simmo

TBF, he still has to pass a medical! I'm trying to reserve things until I see them holding up that team shirt...

If it happens, it's a decent deal for all involved

He's hardly likely to have worn any part of his body out, so the medical should be straightforward.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Phillips on 17:14 - Jul 4 with 6111 viewseghamranger

Phillips on 16:22 - Jul 4 by davman

I'm with Clive on this one. Although he appeared not to care too much at times last season (especially defensively), I can't see Petrasso, Gladwin and El Khayeti matching those assist and goals figures together next season. I'm also not convinced any of them are going to better his rather limited defensive efforts either to be honest.

Still, if we believe what we're told , that'll be £10m in a spending pot to get replacements in once Matty and Leroy have gone...

Bloke was terrible last season, not interested and if we can get someone in for no money and is keen, enthusiastic and wants to be here lets get him in. Petrasso is decent enough and getting 5.5 million for him is fantastic.

Most slated player on here last season and everyone was amazed that he was being picked every week!!
Phillips on 18:07 - Jul 4 with 5954 viewsDorse

Phillips on 14:42 - Jul 4 by Discodroids

A Fair deal .

He became too expensive to maintain and was towed into the North Atlantic where he was scuttled, sinking slowly below the waves to the sound of Adele screeching. Or it might have been bagpipes. Something like that.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Phillips on 18:30 - Jul 4 with 5880 viewsLblock

Now watch him go and show the same form he did for Blackpool in the Prem - lightning quick, big and physical and with a hell of a shot on him.
Why has our club become a resting place for mediocrity?

Having said that, whether MP can maintain those levels (or should that be "want to") remains to be seen.

Annoyingly for me IF he'd played to his full potential consistently we'd be talking about a £7M to £10M player in todays obscene football world

My final word on the subject is... "Bye"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024