Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Allardyce 18:13 - Jul 20 with 14580 viewseghamranger

Aren't we the lucky ones..... 😡

Worse than woy!!
Sam Allardyce on 18:32 - Jul 20 with 6333 viewsCamberleyR

I'm not so sure. A few years ago I'd have said the same "long ball football, physical sides" but I've a feeling he might be like Neil Warnock was when he came to us.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sam Allardyce on 18:32 - Jul 20 with 6331 viewsWilloW4

Not sure I can stand the excitement.. He's always struck me as a gum chewing yob, who just fecks about and people fall for it/him.. And he's good mates with Redknapp..Not 'bent' at all..allegedly!! Haven't supported the England football team for a long while now, so I see a certain amount of humour in this.
Sam Allardyce on 18:32 - Jul 20 with 6332 viewsHantsR

Not confirmed but Standard thinks it's set to be confirmed. Regardless of any managerial qualities he may have, I can't stand looking at his fat jowls open mouthed chewing gum. Think I'll support Wales
Sam Allardyce on 18:50 - Jul 20 with 6261 viewsWeaverQPR

I like him. About time we gave an underdog a chance.

@WeavQPR

Sam Allardyce on 18:51 - Jul 20 with 6260 viewsNov77

Fat Sam is england manager?

Graham 'do I not like that' taylor all over again

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Sam Allardyce on 19:02 - Jul 20 with 6211 viewsWatfordR

An appointment designed to ensure Iceland never score from a set piece against England again. And that's about it.

Beyond laughable.
Sam Allardyce on 19:04 - Jul 20 with 6208 viewsqpr1976

Sam Allardyce on 18:50 - Jul 20 by WeaverQPR

I like him. About time we gave an underdog a chance.

'Another' chance ?
I hope he does better than Taylor or McLaren.
Sam Allardyce on 19:07 - Jul 20 with 6197 viewsWatfordR

From BBC website:

FA chief executive Martin Glenn told BBC sports editor Dan Roan earlier on Wednesday that the new manager would need to "build resilience" in players so they are able to deal with criticism on social media and the pressures of an "intensely passionate" English media.

"The British press, like it or not, are probably the most intensely passionate about the game in the world and that has a spill-over effect," he said.

"The consequence of which is people probably play not to make a mistake, as opposed to play to win.

"So the new manager's got to be someone who can inspire people to get the best out of themselves, build resilience and unashamedly adopt the kind of psychological techniques that other sports and other football teams have done."

Deal with criticism on social media. Seriously?? Surely on that basis they should have appointed Joey Barton!
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 19:09]
Login to get fewer ads

Sam Allardyce on 19:14 - Jul 20 with 6158 viewsCHUBBS

I think this is a good choice considering all the English talent available.
He isn't the greatest stylist but the players we currently have are average so they aren't going to tear anyone apart through technical ability.
Organisation is the key and there aren't many out there who do it better than Sam.
He's also a proud Englishman with a very strong character show cased when West Ham went on that shocking run culminating in him turning them into a very good side.
Good luck to him.
Sam Allardyce on 19:19 - Jul 20 with 6142 viewsted_hendrix

Sam Allardyce on 19:07 - Jul 20 by WatfordR

From BBC website:

FA chief executive Martin Glenn told BBC sports editor Dan Roan earlier on Wednesday that the new manager would need to "build resilience" in players so they are able to deal with criticism on social media and the pressures of an "intensely passionate" English media.

"The British press, like it or not, are probably the most intensely passionate about the game in the world and that has a spill-over effect," he said.

"The consequence of which is people probably play not to make a mistake, as opposed to play to win.

"So the new manager's got to be someone who can inspire people to get the best out of themselves, build resilience and unashamedly adopt the kind of psychological techniques that other sports and other football teams have done."

Deal with criticism on social media. Seriously?? Surely on that basis they should have appointed Joey Barton!
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 19:09]

"FA chief executive Martin Glenn told BBC sports editor Dan Roan earlier on Wednesday that the new manager would need to "build resilience" in players so they are able to deal with criticism on social media and the pressures of an "intensely passionate" English media."

Yea its almost incredible aint It?

So unless I've read that wrong

The first half dozen or so training sessions then will be focused on building resilience in our players so they are able to deal with criticism, fck me how about teaching them the basics of how to play football, you know the sort of thing, passing the ball a whole 5 metres to one of your own players as opposed to passing the ball a whole 5 metres to some bloke that used to work in a fish finger fcking factory,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sam Allardyce on 19:19 - Jul 20 with 6141 viewsstevec

I'm all for it. The sensitive little toerags should be getting a slagging off of mind blowing proportions in the dressing room, not having to wait for a bunch of reporters to do the managements job for them.
Sam Allardyce on 19:25 - Jul 20 with 6122 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So then, England crash to their lowest ebb in decades and immediately embark on an exhaustive, extensive and intense soul-searching reform process that lasted three weeks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sam Allardyce on 19:38 - Jul 20 with 6069 viewsenfieldargh

2nd rate manger for a 3rd rate team.

Uncles Guardiola, Conti Bilic are going to leave lucrative contracts think he's best man for the job

I like Danny Kelly but even he said arry should be given a chance as mentor to Eddie Howe.

What about Ernie Howe????

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Sam Allardyce on 19:47 - Jul 20 with 6051 viewsWatfordR

One thing I always remember about Allardyce harks back to his brief time at Newcastle, with one of his players bemoaning the endless meetings about how to close down opposition when they had the ball and retaining shape when the opposition had the ball. Never more than a passing comment about what to do with the ball when in possession.

Looks to me for as long as England are given qualifying groups where the standard opposition is the quality of Malta or Gibraltar, they may as well just leave it to the players, a manager is virtually irrelevant. And when they get to tournament finals, they could just have a look see who is out of work and give them a short term four to six week contract to oversee the inevitable shambles that ensues. That should work every bit as well as the current nonsense.
Sam Allardyce on 19:56 - Jul 20 with 6016 viewsHantsR

Sam Allardyce on 19:38 - Jul 20 by enfieldargh

2nd rate manger for a 3rd rate team.

Uncles Guardiola, Conti Bilic are going to leave lucrative contracts think he's best man for the job

I like Danny Kelly but even he said arry should be given a chance as mentor to Eddie Howe.

What about Ernie Howe????

I remember him saying once he should pronounce his name, 'Al -ah- dee - chay' to get more street cred by making him sound more like a foreign manager being recruited by English clubs.
Sam Allardyce on 19:58 - Jul 20 with 6013 viewsPunteR

Will Phil Brown be his assistant? Kevin Nolan captain?
I dunno about this appointment. Comes from the same school as Redknapp. I don't particularly like the guy for some reason. Comes across as a horrible bloke.
What exactly has he done to deserve being the England manager? Then again maybe he does deserve it.
Ah well...who cares?..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sam Allardyce on 20:09 - Jul 20 with 5974 viewsToast_R

Sam Allardyce on 19:47 - Jul 20 by WatfordR

One thing I always remember about Allardyce harks back to his brief time at Newcastle, with one of his players bemoaning the endless meetings about how to close down opposition when they had the ball and retaining shape when the opposition had the ball. Never more than a passing comment about what to do with the ball when in possession.

Looks to me for as long as England are given qualifying groups where the standard opposition is the quality of Malta or Gibraltar, they may as well just leave it to the players, a manager is virtually irrelevant. And when they get to tournament finals, they could just have a look see who is out of work and give them a short term four to six week contract to oversee the inevitable shambles that ensues. That should work every bit as well as the current nonsense.

Didn't Newcastle sack him and then go down not long after?
How well did Bolton do when he left?
Are Sunderland playing premier league football this coming season?

He cant be all that bad can he?

Taylor, Hodgson and McLaren all over again? I disagree on the basis them three are the stereotypical yes men the FA are all about.

It might not go well but FFS, give the man a chance.
Sam Allardyce on 20:17 - Jul 20 with 5954 viewskensalriser

Mike fckn Bassett III

(Mike Bassett I = Graham Taylor, Mike Bassett II = Roy Hodgson)

Well done England.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sam Allardyce on 20:59 - Jul 20 with 5864 viewsWatfordR

Sam Allardyce on 20:09 - Jul 20 by Toast_R

Didn't Newcastle sack him and then go down not long after?
How well did Bolton do when he left?
Are Sunderland playing premier league football this coming season?

He cant be all that bad can he?

Taylor, Hodgson and McLaren all over again? I disagree on the basis them three are the stereotypical yes men the FA are all about.

It might not go well but FFS, give the man a chance.

Allardyce joined Newcastle in May 07 with the club in a mess after Roeder, and left in Jan 08 with the club in a mess. Bolton stayed in the Prem for five years after he went. Hardly a collapse the minute he walked out the door. And if Allardyce organised Sunderland defensively - thats what he does - they stayed up because of Defoe's goals.

You are making a case for mediocrity being appointed by mediocrity to manage mediocrity, where not losing is the priority.

I'm fairly sure the likes of Klopp, Guardiola, Mourinho and Conti didnt have interviews for their respective current jobs which were based on their ability to "build resilience and unashamedly adopt the kind of psychological techniques that other sports and other football teams have done."
Sam Allardyce on 21:00 - Jul 20 with 5859 viewsBoston

Sam Allardyce on 18:32 - Jul 20 by WilloW4

Not sure I can stand the excitement.. He's always struck me as a gum chewing yob, who just fecks about and people fall for it/him.. And he's good mates with Redknapp..Not 'bent' at all..allegedly!! Haven't supported the England football team for a long while now, so I see a certain amount of humour in this.

Us gum chewing yobs have got to stick togevver....I like Sammy boy.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 21:03]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sam Allardyce on 21:11 - Jul 20 with 5828 viewsDannytheR

Bobby Gould with a crate of Lucozade Sport.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 21:12]
Sam Allardyce on 21:11 - Jul 20 with 5828 viewsFredManRave

To an extent I get the negative or "Meh" response to his appointment, I'm hardly over the moon with it. But then I don't see any mention of who realistically it could have been or of anybody deemed available that would be so much better than Allardyce.

And I'll leave you with the thought that it could have been Southgate.

So I'm already looking forward to the "Andy Carroll's on fire" chants ringing out from the stadium in his first game against Slovakia, I haven't checked, I'm just assuming it's them, it always is, isn't it?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sam Allardyce on 21:30 - Jul 20 with 5764 viewsStanisgod

I bet Noble and Carroll are making space for their caps as we speak.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Sam Allardyce on 21:33 - Jul 20 with 5752 viewsToast_R

Sam Allardyce on 20:59 - Jul 20 by WatfordR

Allardyce joined Newcastle in May 07 with the club in a mess after Roeder, and left in Jan 08 with the club in a mess. Bolton stayed in the Prem for five years after he went. Hardly a collapse the minute he walked out the door. And if Allardyce organised Sunderland defensively - thats what he does - they stayed up because of Defoe's goals.

You are making a case for mediocrity being appointed by mediocrity to manage mediocrity, where not losing is the priority.

I'm fairly sure the likes of Klopp, Guardiola, Mourinho and Conti didnt have interviews for their respective current jobs which were based on their ability to "build resilience and unashamedly adopt the kind of psychological techniques that other sports and other football teams have done."

Disagree, Bolton were on a downward spiral after he left. They may have bobbed around for a few seasons but their relegation was inevitable. SA had them doing regular top eight finishes. With the rather low finances compared to other clubs- that wasnt bad going at all. A team no one liked to play against? Ces't le vais.

England are where they are because they dont happen to be very good anymore. So if that means appointing someone who has a track record of organising and getting a resilient mentality and improving an average team to be better then average and to stop the obvious rot, then so be it

Like I wrote earlier, it may not work out but he deserves to be given a go and not written off before hes even got the job. I doubt Portugal or Greece worried about their style of play when lifting a major trophy.

Since the Prrmier Leagues multi billion pound global audience phenomena came into real effect, we've tried the supposed best foreign managers in Capello and Sven. We've tried the safe options with Hodgson and McLaren, we've even tried the peoples choice with Keegan... all have been bollocks.

Anyone who thinks Klinsmann is a better choice needs to pull their head out their arse.
Sam Allardyce on 21:48 - Jul 20 with 5694 viewschris1969

Good news. Love all the negative comments but notice there are no other suggestions on who should get the job. At last we might have a manager who will play to strengths not pick and play players on reputation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024