Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway CONFIRMED 18:18 - Nov 11 with 14168 viewseghamranger

Happy with that
Holloway CONFIRMED on 11:12 - Nov 12 with 3464 viewsAgedR

Listen to the way he talks about Sir Les. It is entirely in accordance with my view.

Sir Les as DOF, Sinton and Furs involved and Ollie as manager. We have our Rangers back!

It might very well not work out, but it will be US doing it.

Taken years off me this has. I even tried to goose the missus after I heard the news and that hadn't happened for a loonnng time.

Come on Sooopa!!!

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Holloway CONFIRMED on 11:25 - Nov 12 with 3451 viewsstevestrange

Will this work ? God knows and to be quite honest I don't really care. Because after watching that interview Holloway has made me feel good about QPR again. Not since the Warnock/Taarabt season have felt this positive about the club.
Holloway CONFIRMED on 11:47 - Nov 12 with 3408 viewsBucksRanger

Great little interview with Ollie here.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/10653120/ian-holloway-why-i-couldnt

A couple of quotes to interest everyone.

"I used to take penalties at Bristol Rovers because I didn't trust anyone else to care like I did. I feel like that about this job.

I've painted a picture in my brain of the QPR badge up on a mantelpiece covered in gold. It needs to be looked after and worshipped. Like with the penalties at Rovers, I don't think anyone would care for that badge as much as I would."
___

"I want my players to relate to the people - otherwise football will slip too far away from the working man.

I'm going to try and make every player that puts on the Hoops shirt aware of how I, Les, and all the fans feel about QPR."
Holloway CONFIRMED on 11:47 - Nov 12 with 3406 viewsloftus77

Just had a quick thought - does this mean we're all "pillocks on the internet" again on here?

Or has Olly entered the digital age in 10 years? In many ways, I hope not.
Holloway CONFIRMED on 12:11 - Nov 12 with 3358 viewsthame_hoops

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. ~ Albert Einstein
Holloway CONFIRMED on 12:12 - Nov 12 with 3357 viewsStanisgod

Going out to but Kitkev some more sour grapes

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Holloway CONFIRMED on 12:25 - Nov 12 with 3336 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway CONFIRMED on 12:11 - Nov 12 by thame_hoops

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. ~ Albert Einstein

I thought you flounced .......... you are like a stuck record

Saying "the same thing over and over again"
[Post edited 12 Nov 2016 12:33]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Holloway CONFIRMED on 12:46 - Nov 12 with 3295 viewsRanger78

Holloway CONFIRMED on 11:12 - Nov 12 by AgedR

Listen to the way he talks about Sir Les. It is entirely in accordance with my view.

Sir Les as DOF, Sinton and Furs involved and Ollie as manager. We have our Rangers back!

It might very well not work out, but it will be US doing it.

Taken years off me this has. I even tried to goose the missus after I heard the news and that hadn't happened for a loonnng time.

Come on Sooopa!!!

Hard not to agree.

I was against sacking both of the last managers, thought it was too early and against what we had been preaching.

I'm sick of change and sick of being a circus, but this is very exciting, add Bircham to that list as it looks like he's incoming and it's hard not to smile.

Personally, I don't think we''ll be chasing promotion anytime soon but frankly who cares. We now have people who care as much as us and I'm sure that will become evident on the pitch.

We''ll still be the underdogs and a mid table champ team but it will be fun again. I'm confident fans will be much happier accepting our mid table status when it's fun and being run by people who care and are trying their guts out......... the scary part is the owners , I just don't think they will ever settle for mid table and I'm sure the circus will continue
Login to get fewer ads

Holloway CONFIRMED on 12:47 - Nov 12 with 3293 viewsthame_hoops

Holloway CONFIRMED on 12:25 - Nov 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I thought you flounced .......... you are like a stuck record

Saying "the same thing over and over again"
[Post edited 12 Nov 2016 12:33]

A flounce would be me saying I'm not posting on here again and then posting...

Funny how lots of people seem to be hedging their bets on here..

I'm sorry I disagree with you x
Holloway CONFIRMED on 12:48 - Nov 12 with 3289 viewskensalriser

Nope. No one's ever come up with any evidence he said it.

And he almost certainly didn't because it's wrong and he was a smart guy.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Holloway CONFIRMED on 12:56 - Nov 12 with 3262 viewsozexile

I think after JFH trying to convince everyone that football management was rocket science. It might be nice to have a manager just playing players in their correct positions and letting them get on with it.
Holloway CONFIRMED on 13:01 - Nov 12 with 3249 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway CONFIRMED on 12:47 - Nov 12 by thame_hoops

A flounce would be me saying I'm not posting on here again and then posting...

Funny how lots of people seem to be hedging their bets on here..

I'm sorry I disagree with you x

" Ive unfollowed the club on social media "

Well this is social media and about the club Doh!

Holloway CONFIRMED on 13:05 - Nov 12 with 3235 viewsthame_hoops

Holloway CONFIRMED on 13:01 - Nov 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

" Ive unfollowed the club on social media "

Well this is social media and about the club Doh!

Twitter and facebook

What's your problem lol
Holloway CONFIRMED on 13:29 - Nov 12 with 3213 viewsShotKneesHoop

Albert is very good at systems and game plans- but just can't put the ball in the back of the net, and he never tracks back.

I'd loan him out. No brainer.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Holloway CONFIRMED on 13:59 - Nov 12 with 3162 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway CONFIRMED on 13:05 - Nov 12 by thame_hoops

Twitter and facebook

What's your problem lol

It's you with the problem with the club the chairman and the manager........ why are you here ?

Holloway CONFIRMED on 02:26 - Nov 13 with 3006 viewsderbyhoop

When the first suggestion that Ollie was a candidate came out, I was concerned by the manner in which his last 2 managerial jobs had ended. After Palace and Millwall he looked a broken man, who shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near a football club as manager.

However, a year away, albeit still involved in the game, seems to have rekindled his enthusiasm. I hope that's what he will bring to the club. I don't see him as a coach who will improve individual players significantly, but that enthusiasm should rub off on the players and the fans. We already have a decent Championship squad. If Ollie can get an extra 5-10% out of them, they will climb the table. In any case, it's likely to be more entertaining.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Holloway CONFIRMED on 02:49 - Nov 13 with 3001 viewsWindsorHoopMan

It's a great decision and if it all goes wrong, well what's the worst thing that can happen.
Holloway CONFIRMED on 09:01 - Nov 13 with 2897 viewsrichranger

Shape of things to come :>)

Stoke 0 QPR 1 2004 - infamous game :>)

Holloway CONFIRMED on 13:26 - Nov 13 with 2820 viewsPommyhoop

Holloway CONFIRMED on 09:01 - Nov 13 by richranger

Shape of things to come :>)

Stoke 0 QPR 1 2004 - infamous game :>)

[Post edited 13 Nov 2016 13:28]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Holloway CONFIRMED on 13:52 - Nov 13 with 2791 viewsAntti_Heinola

Holloway CONFIRMED on 12:56 - Nov 12 by ozexile

I think after JFH trying to convince everyone that football management was rocket science. It might be nice to have a manager just playing players in their correct positions and letting them get on with it.

This one always makes me laugh.

Firstly, the idea that football management is somehow not an incredibly difficult and complex job. It's easy - just play 4-4-2 and whack crosses in. Yep, that's all there is to it.

Secondly, the players in their correct positions thing. Said it on here before, will say it again, most managers look to get their best XI on the pitch and if that means two or three play outside of their favoured position, then they'll take that. The idea that footballers who have reached this level somehow become bereft of a clue once they're outside of their small area of the pitch in which they're supposed to operate is as bizarre as the longevity of the square pegs round holes argument itself.

Even the best managers in the world play players 'out of position' - Everyone insisted Lahm was a full back - until he was bloody brilliant as a holding midfielder under Pep. Everyone laughed at Macherano being a CB - except he's great there. Milner a left back? Not in a million years. Oh, except actually he's pretty damn good there.

And finally the idea that Olly will start playing everyone in their exact positions makes me laugh, because people must have very, very short memories... one of the major criticisms of him last time was exactly that he played people out of position (actually, it's a criticism of all managers, because they all do it):

Palmer at CM
Bignot at RM or CM
Rose at LB or CM
Santos at CM or CF
Langley at RM (although Ollie was spot on with that - turned out to be his best position there)
Rowly as a dreaded inverse winger on the left
Cureton out wide

Those are just off the top of my head.

Managers generally have good reason to play these players in different places. But it all seems so simple from our vantage point.

Bare bones.

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:50 - May 7 with 2476 viewsFredManRave

6 months is a long time in football...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Holloway CONFIRMED on 01:07 - May 8 with 2391 viewsBoston

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:50 - May 7 by FredManRave

Not when, with a click of a mouse....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Holloway CONFIRMED on 01:10 - May 8 with 2385 viewsBoston

Anyway, the original post said "confirmed", probably referred to a religious ceremony,

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Holloway CONFIRMED on 07:17 - May 8 with 2265 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway CONFIRMED on 23:50 - May 7 by FredManRave

How about 2 months or 5 weeks ago.. in March we were top of the form table.
[Post edited 8 May 2017 7:20]

Holloway CONFIRMED on 10:54 - May 8 with 2054 viewsToast_R

Goes to prove, the heart ruling the head decision rarely breeds success.
Feels like history repeating it'self all over again like when the fans called for Butch Wilkins as manager.

Never thought I'd see someone make a worse finish to a season then Gary Waddock managed and we all know what happened the following season. An element of Irony that the manager this time with that record is Holloway, the man Waddock replaced.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024