Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) 16:48 - Sep 25 with 2757 viewsCroydonCaptJack

If Reading lose away at Wolves tonight then every single team in our division will be out.

Only six made it to round three.
EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 16:52 - Sep 25 with 2734 viewsrunningman75

A Nottingham Forest fan I know pointed out they were could concentrate on promotion after being slaughtered by Arsenal. I pointed out that the R's were currently ahead of them though we are just rubbish at cup football (apart from a blip last season in the FA cup).
EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 17:48 - Sep 25 with 2616 viewsDixie_CT

Feels like time to scrap it completely or come up with a totally different concept.
EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 18:28 - Sep 25 with 2553 viewstoboboly

EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 17:48 - Sep 25 by Dixie_CT

Feels like time to scrap it completely or come up with a totally different concept.

Why? I would have loved to have watched us last night v Saints but we were crap and got beaten by Pompey. Well done them.

Colchester fans will be over the moon after their match yesterday. The cup isn’t the problem it is the teams not giving it a proper go, and the fans that don’t turn up and sell out the stadiums when it is only a tenner.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 08:07 - Sep 26 with 2329 viewsCroydonCaptJack

EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 18:28 - Sep 25 by toboboly

Why? I would have loved to have watched us last night v Saints but we were crap and got beaten by Pompey. Well done them.

Colchester fans will be over the moon after their match yesterday. The cup isn’t the problem it is the teams not giving it a proper go, and the fans that don’t turn up and sell out the stadiums when it is only a tenner.

100% agree.

Teams like Spurs and West Ham should be going all out to win this and the FA Cup.
EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 08:15 - Sep 26 with 2312 viewstoboboly

Burton got to the semi’s last year and beat a premier league team yesterday, amazing for them.

Or being an Oxford fan, you sit in a stadium that stinks like £hit all year but then put 4 past Wet Spam. That is whet the cup is all about.

EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 10:11 - Sep 26 with 2200 viewsterryb

EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 18:28 - Sep 25 by toboboly

We would have been at home to City rather than Southampton.

The League Cup draw is based on alphabet & as Preston came between us & Pompey the return of Sterling would have been our reward!

i suspect that Crawley & Colchester fans feel a bit deflated with the draw though.
EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 10:20 - Sep 26 with 2188 viewsNorthernr

Lamentable attitude to a competition teams in this league have a reasonable chance of going far in or winning, however in their defence it's not exactly structured to suit Championship clubs is it?

Go through round one and it leaves you playing eight fixtures between August 5 and 30. Go through round two and three and it leaves you with a two week break followed by another seven games crammed into the next four weeks.

Said it before, I liked Holloway's idea of putting the first round on the last saturday of the pre-season. At the moment most teams play a competitive friendly with their strongest team out on that Saturday, why not make it a cup game? You'd see stronger teams picked and bigger crowds because it's a weekend.
EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 10:41 - Sep 26 with 2155 viewsactonman

Watched mk dons v a team of youngsters from Liverpool last night with the exception of 1 or 2 that threaten the first team now and again, Why the fcuk do they get pass for the first 2 rounds when they play the kids anyway
Login to get fewer ads

EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 11:35 - Sep 26 with 2095 viewsSir_Chops

EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 17:48 - Sep 25 by Dixie_CT

I may be wrong, but doesn't EFL only include Championship, League One, League Two.

Why not do away with the Check-a-Trade Trophy, not include Premier League clubs - who clearly don't want the distraction, and push UEFA to retain a UEFA Cup qualifying spot for the winner?

Less competitions all round, and a sharper focus to win it for actual EFL member clubs.
EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 11:46 - Sep 26 with 2081 viewstimcocking

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/rugby-world-cup/rwc-2019-japan/116104348/rug

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/rugby-world-cup/rwc-2019-japan/116118773/rug
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 11:48]
EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 12:19 - Sep 26 with 2027 viewsfrancisbowles

EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 10:20 - Sep 26 by Northernr

Lamentable attitude to a competition teams in this league have a reasonable chance of going far in or winning, however in their defence it's not exactly structured to suit Championship clubs is it?

Go through round one and it leaves you playing eight fixtures between August 5 and 30. Go through round two and three and it leaves you with a two week break followed by another seven games crammed into the next four weeks.

Said it before, I liked Holloway's idea of putting the first round on the last saturday of the pre-season. At the moment most teams play a competitive friendly with their strongest team out on that Saturday, why not make it a cup game? You'd see stronger teams picked and bigger crowds because it's a weekend.

I would support that followed by rounds 234 in the international breaks to even things up a bit and stop the fixture congestion you mention..
EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 12:21 - Sep 26 with 2024 viewsfrancisbowles

EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 11:35 - Sep 26 by Sir_Chops

I may be wrong, but doesn't EFL only include Championship, League One, League Two.

Why not do away with the Check-a-Trade Trophy, not include Premier League clubs - who clearly don't want the distraction, and push UEFA to retain a UEFA Cup qualifying spot for the winner?

Less competitions all round, and a sharper focus to win it for actual EFL member clubs.

Especially as the top division clubs don't want to be in the Europa League anyway.

Mind you how would we cope with a 46 game season plus the EL etc?
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 10:58]
EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 09:46 - Sep 28 with 1811 viewstoboboly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49862651

How do you not get kicked out if you play an ineligible player???

Non-league teams get kicked out and are run by volunteers.

https://www.graysathletic.co.uk/news/chairmans-statement-re-fa-charge-and-cup-ex

EFL Cup (or League Cup as we know it!) on 10:52 - Sep 28 with 1766 viewsDannyPaddox

Liverpool fielded an eligible player in the win over MK Dons. The FA are now threatening the severest penalty by making them play in the next round.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024