Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 20:29 - Apr 21 with 2250 viewsHAYESBOY

Whole match and build up.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 20:31 - Apr 21 with 2246 viewsCamberleyR

Fake news.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 21:08 - Apr 21 with 2199 viewsQPRSteve

Sadist
Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 21:50 - Apr 21 with 2174 viewsStanisgod

Amazing what they can do with CGI, it looks almost real

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 21:58 - Apr 21 with 2163 viewsTomS

I think we all know, that did not happen.
Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 22:36 - Apr 21 with 2122 viewsJuzzie

Just couldn’t handle them on the break/counter attack.
Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 00:45 - Apr 22 with 2068 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Well the build up says a lot about the day for QPR fans.They managed to interview 4 Oxford players and the Manager without a single Rangers speaking .Then they gave the Oxford line up but no QPR a bad omen
Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 09:07 - Apr 22 with 2000 viewsTheChef

Fuggin Jim Rosenthal and his massive Oxford rosette?? Fugg off.

In that case should have had Michael Wale co-present to balance things up.

Brilliant intro/theme tune though.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 10:40 - Apr 22 with 1966 viewsTheChef

Out of interest, why was Barron preferred to Hucker in goal?

Always thought Hucker was the better keeper (and I suppose this game helps maintain that thought in my mind).

Login to get fewer ads

Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 10:51 - Apr 22 with 1949 viewsCamberleyR

Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 10:40 - Apr 22 by TheChef

Out of interest, why was Barron preferred to Hucker in goal?

Always thought Hucker was the better keeper (and I suppose this game helps maintain that thought in my mind).

Hucker started that season as first choice but as I remember he had a couple of iffy performances in a couple of away games just before the League Cup run started which sealed his fate.

I don't think Smith really rated him or gave him a fair chance and he only played twice more that season, his last game a particularly embarrassing affair as we got thumped last home match of the season 5-2 by Spurs and it honestly could have been double figures.

Smith probably always knew Barron was only a short term fix and signed Seaman in the summer of 1986. I think Hucker stayed around for a while and ended up joining Oxford the next season.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 10:54]

Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 10:55 - Apr 22 with 1942 viewsdaveB

Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 10:51 - Apr 22 by CamberleyR

Hucker started that season as first choice but as I remember he had a couple of iffy performances in a couple of away games just before the League Cup run started which sealed his fate.

I don't think Smith really rated him or gave him a fair chance and he only played twice more that season, his last game a particularly embarrassing affair as we got thumped last home match of the season 5-2 by Spurs and it honestly could have been double figures.

Smith probably always knew Barron was only a short term fix and signed Seaman in the summer of 1986. I think Hucker stayed around for a while and ended up joining Oxford the next season.

My Nan used to rant about Paul Barron which stands out as she was usually not bothered other than to say she was in love with Rodney Marsh still, on the odd occasions we were on TV during that cup run she used to go mad that he would stand on the edge of his box when we had the ball, drove her potty for some reason she used to say to me I should tell him when I'm at the game to stay on his line. I must have been 10 at the time so Barron never did listen to me.
Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 11:01 - Apr 22 with 1929 viewsTheChef

Cheers for that, shame we didn't sign Seaman sooner - although whether he'd have had any impact on the Wembley game is hard to say.

Anyway I'm going to put myself through it all over again having not watched the full 90 minutes since that day, always interesting I think to watch old games with a fresh (er, older) pair of eyes.

Couple of other interesting team selections: Fenwick playing centre mid (?) and I totally forgot Martin Allen played that day. Who else in the squad was injured/not selected that day?

Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 11:19 - Apr 22 with 1917 viewsCamberleyR

Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 11:01 - Apr 22 by TheChef

Cheers for that, shame we didn't sign Seaman sooner - although whether he'd have had any impact on the Wembley game is hard to say.

Anyway I'm going to put myself through it all over again having not watched the full 90 minutes since that day, always interesting I think to watch old games with a fresh (er, older) pair of eyes.

Couple of other interesting team selections: Fenwick playing centre mid (?) and I totally forgot Martin Allen played that day. Who else in the squad was injured/not selected that day?

Mike Fillery, Wayne Fereday who both played in the Anfield game.
Gary Waddock who unfortunately did his knee before Christmas.

Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 11:27 - Apr 22 with 1905 viewsTheChef

Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 11:19 - Apr 22 by CamberleyR

Mike Fillery, Wayne Fereday who both played in the Anfield game.
Gary Waddock who unfortunately did his knee before Christmas.

Ah yes Waddock of course.

Not sure how much difference Fillery or Fereday would have made unless they were in sh1t hot form on the day.

Might be my imagination, but I'm sure I read somewhere the team were given something to help them sleep the night before, hence the poor performance?

Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 08:59 - Apr 23 with 1767 viewsjohann28

I believe Hucker was recalled for the 5-2 Spurs drubbing as I remember it.
Those fuggers. Oxford v QPR 1986 on 14:05 - Apr 23 with 1709 viewsTheChef

1st half was incredibly turgid, no fluency from either side. First real incident of note is after 30 minutes (!) when Aldridge gets put through but Wicks I think covers with a sliding tackle (although commentators reckon it was a pen). Briggs and Shotton not really giving Bannister and Byrne a sniff, although to be fair most of our approach play consists of hoofs.

First goal on 40 minutes. Barron done on his near post, Macca gets caught out by Hebberd's cut back but does seem a little slow to recover. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, it's all Barron's fault really ;)

And whatever happened to fans singing the scoreline to the tune of Amazing Grace?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024