Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When good journalists go bad... 17:24 - Mar 16 with 1146 viewsspudgun

Ironically her book `Welcome to the woke trials; How #identity killed progressive politics`, which in part was about "cancel culture" was, erm...cancelled by her publisher.

What a silly girl.

Hell of an apology though...
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 17:25]
When good journalists go bad... on 17:44 - Mar 16 with 1131 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

People who keep banging on about "Cancel Culture and Woke" tend to be worse than the people they accuse. You only have to look at Piers Morgan's flounce on GMB the other week, how woke was that?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 18:28]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

When good journalists go bad... on 19:00 - Mar 16 with 1119 viewsspell_chekker

When good journalists go bad... on 17:44 - Mar 16 by BringBackTheRedRoom

People who keep banging on about "Cancel Culture and Woke" tend to be worse than the people they accuse. You only have to look at Piers Morgan's flounce on GMB the other week, how woke was that?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 18:28]

If only I had the slightest idea of who the people involved are ans what was written.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

When good journalists go bad... on 20:07 - Mar 16 with 1116 viewsspudgun

When good journalists go bad... on 19:00 - Mar 16 by spell_chekker

If only I had the slightest idea of who the people involved are ans what was written.

Haha! Understandable, spell.

Julie Burchill is a journalist writes for a right-wing newspaper and Ash Sarkar is a left-wing activist and journalist. Looks like Burchill trolled her rotten and is paying the price.

I used to read Julie Burchill in the music papers when I was a teenager, and later in the Sunday Times. She has always been edgy but interesting, but now has got swallowed up in the dark side, and has trolled Ash Sarkar like you wouldn`t believe - read her apology, she has been an uber-bitch.

I suppose it is a microcosm of all the nasty political overtones that are going on over here - wokism and cancel culture and God knows what - especially on social media.

I`ve never seen such a fulsome apology; one day I expect Boris Johnson to be making a similar one when all his shenanigans come to light.

Julie Burchill`s Desert Island Discs (Revisited) is worth a listen if you can be bothered - got a job on `Sounds` music mag at 16 or so (who advertised for young, hip, gun-slingers), lots of drugs, marriage to Tony Parsons, upped and left kids, became a lezza, etc.

All told in a strong Bristolian accent and intoned like a mouse inhaling helium.

She`s quite a gal...
When good journalists go bad... on 20:57 - Mar 16 with 1111 viewsspell_chekker

When good journalists go bad... on 20:07 - Mar 16 by spudgun

Haha! Understandable, spell.

Julie Burchill is a journalist writes for a right-wing newspaper and Ash Sarkar is a left-wing activist and journalist. Looks like Burchill trolled her rotten and is paying the price.

I used to read Julie Burchill in the music papers when I was a teenager, and later in the Sunday Times. She has always been edgy but interesting, but now has got swallowed up in the dark side, and has trolled Ash Sarkar like you wouldn`t believe - read her apology, she has been an uber-bitch.

I suppose it is a microcosm of all the nasty political overtones that are going on over here - wokism and cancel culture and God knows what - especially on social media.

I`ve never seen such a fulsome apology; one day I expect Boris Johnson to be making a similar one when all his shenanigans come to light.

Julie Burchill`s Desert Island Discs (Revisited) is worth a listen if you can be bothered - got a job on `Sounds` music mag at 16 or so (who advertised for young, hip, gun-slingers), lots of drugs, marriage to Tony Parsons, upped and left kids, became a lezza, etc.

All told in a strong Bristolian accent and intoned like a mouse inhaling helium.

She`s quite a gal...

Can you introduce us?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024