Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kevin Johns 13:00 - Apr 30 with 6256 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Not guilty verdict.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Kevin Johns on 17:12 - Apr 30 with 1555 viewsCatullus

Kevin Johns on 16:57 - Apr 30 by Gwyn737

Is it worth sending something to the club on behalf of this website to say how important we think it is that Kev takes his place back at the club?

I’d be more than happy to put my name to it.

I'm with you. Mind you I also appreciate the point about away fans, we gave a certain Cardiff manager plenty of stick, a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile......

He's been found innocent but will have to live with this anyway, the mere accusation is a life sentence innocent or guilty. After so many years how the CPS could do this with so little evidence is terrible.

If he'd been guilty mind, I'd be going judge Jefferies on him.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Kevin Johns on 17:14 - Apr 30 with 1543 viewsonehunglow

Kevin Johns on 16:21 - Apr 30 by KeithHaynes

Police haven’t got much choice with the amount of bullshit allegations they get with reduced staffing, low pay for starters I’m surprised they get anything right.

Luckily they have specially trained officers who to have some experience before being put in to public protection roles as investigators, who in the main don’t go searching for confessions, they just gather information, disclose all the unused evidence and leave it to the cps. That’s the simplistic explanation. The training is extensive though, the minimum is level 2 as an interviewing standard.

I think the main problem in these cases is the demands of the cps when reviewing files of evidence. That’s why it all takes so long. However, I’m sure Kevin is happy he was thoroughly investigated and tried. His peers obviously found it an easy decision to make. There is no other way of dealing with these accusations, this is how the judicial system works as you know.

This is a serious subject Keith and whilst Im aware of the present situation in Police service with my son in law there, Im not convinced the Police Service can simply say it has no option,however that is a political decision which as YOU know is one of many that ha emasculated the service.
I think the Police service has been craven in allowing successful governments with horrendous Home Sec ,like May ,to ride rough shod over them. You might well ask there was nothing they could do about it. And that is my point.

Anyway,I surprised myself by posting again after yesterday.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Kevin Johns on 17:16 - Apr 30 with 1533 viewsonehunglow

Kevin Johns on 16:15 - Apr 30 by 1983

yeah because away fans are well known for that

Not all football fans are as shallow as you think.Granted cardiff scum would find a chant or two and that could be toxic but don't tar all fans as being necessarily as you suggest.

Bottom line is KJ walks away from this .

Kevin Johns on 17:19 - Apr 30 with 1524 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Kevin Johns on 18:09 - Apr 30 with 1458 viewsTreforys_Jack

Kevin Johns on 17:19 - Apr 30 by Joe_bradshaw

If it wasn't his choice then that's sad.
Kevin Johns on 18:15 - Apr 30 with 1449 viewsFlashberryjack

Kevin Johns on 15:54 - Apr 30 by fbreath

Dreadful time for Kevin and his family and really glad he was found innocent.

The only issue I see with Kevin doing his old job back at the Liberty is what abuse he might receive from away fans. Could he handle it.

As I said earlier "mud sticks" and you've correctly pointed out just how it does stick, guilty or innocent matters not, especially to away fans, and no doubt some of our not so intelligent fans.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Kevin Johns on 19:53 - Apr 30 with 1384 viewsonehunglow

Amen to that.

Im not sure that many fans wont be annoyed by this outrageous trial.

You'll find fans of Liverpool especially know all about injustices

Kevin Johns on 20:04 - Apr 30 with 1374 viewsJoe_bradshaw

An official club statement from the Swans read: "Swansea City Football Club welcomes today’s acquittal of Kevin Johns MBE at Caernarfon Crown Court.

"Kevin has been a wonderful servant to the football club over many years, dating back to the club’s time at the Vetch Field. He has held a variety of roles including official chaplain, PA announcer and matchday host.

"Kevin has been a familiar face for supporters spanning the best part of two decades, is a valued and much-loved member of the community and he will always be welcome at the Liberty Stadium.

"We know that Kevin shares our values and stands with the club in its compassion for survivors of abuse."

Login to get fewer ads

Kevin Johns on 20:07 - Apr 30 with 1368 viewsonehunglow

Kevin Johns on 20:04 - Apr 30 by Joe_bradshaw

An official club statement from the Swans read: "Swansea City Football Club welcomes today’s acquittal of Kevin Johns MBE at Caernarfon Crown Court.

"Kevin has been a wonderful servant to the football club over many years, dating back to the club’s time at the Vetch Field. He has held a variety of roles including official chaplain, PA announcer and matchday host.

"Kevin has been a familiar face for supporters spanning the best part of two decades, is a valued and much-loved member of the community and he will always be welcome at the Liberty Stadium.

"We know that Kevin shares our values and stands with the club in its compassion for survivors of abuse."

It is concerning he hasn't has that Swansea Sound job back.Looks like he's been scorned notwithstanding the verdict which is what Ive been banging on about for years.

I would be very concerned about him if I were family and frankly,he needs to be watched and looked after closely.

Kevin Johns on 20:09 - Apr 30 with 1365 viewsDr_Winston

Kevin Johns on 19:53 - Apr 30 by onehunglow

Amen to that.

Im not sure that many fans wont be annoyed by this outrageous trial.

You'll find fans of Liverpool especially know all about injustices

Good job he had defensive legal representation isn't it Perchy?

An innocent man could have gone to prison otherwise.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kevin Johns on 20:11 - Apr 30 with 1369 viewsmajorraglan

Kevin Johns on 15:56 - Apr 30 by onehunglow

They might well be empathetic to KJ

Wouldn’t have thought so, look at the abuse Dave Jones has had to take since he was subject of an allegation.
Maybe there’s an argument for anonymity in the type of case until proven guilty.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 20:15]
Kevin Johns on 20:17 - Apr 30 with 1346 viewsonehunglow

Kevin Johns on 20:11 - Apr 30 by majorraglan

Wouldn’t have thought so, look at the abuse Dave Jones has had to take since he was subject of an allegation.
Maybe there’s an argument for anonymity in the type of case until proven guilty.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 20:15]

Point 1.Yep,a good point.Jones a good man and a former social worker,like a chum of mine wo was also wrongly accused for compo.

On reconsideration I was wrong to post as I did .

Point 2. It really should be

Thanks

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:18 - Apr 30 with 1348 viewsJoe_bradshaw

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:20 - Apr 30 with 1337 viewsonehunglow

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:18 - Apr 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Kevin Johns on 20:31 - Apr 30 with 1329 viewsBoundy

Kevin Johns on 20:09 - Apr 30 by Dr_Winston

Good job he had defensive legal representation isn't it Perchy?

An innocent man could have gone to prison otherwise.

Reading the court transcripts the policeman investigating didn't appear to have done his job properly , I wonder if that had some bearing on the verdict ? Any genuinely pleased for him and his family, but was justice served , his name was dragged through the courts and the accusers ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Kevin Johns on 20:34 - Apr 30 with 1323 viewsonehunglow

Is it worth sending something to the club on behalf of this website to say how important we think it is that Kev takes his place back at the club?

So would I.
A present or token of appreciation would be good.

Anyone organise that.?

Kevin Johns on 20:38 - Apr 30 with 1320 viewsDr_Winston

Kevin Johns on 20:31 - Apr 30 by Boundy

Reading the court transcripts the policeman investigating didn't appear to have done his job properly , I wonder if that had some bearing on the verdict ? Any genuinely pleased for him and his family, but was justice served , his name was dragged through the courts and the accusers ?

Unfortunately the Police aren't perfect. That's why legal defences are so important, despite the disregard some people clearly have for the concept "innocent until proven guilty".

KJ will probably never get his life back entirely. Mud will always stick and there will be those who insinuate that he got away with it. Fortunately an innocent man isn't facing a prison term tonight. That's probably the least worst outcome.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kevin Johns on 21:12 - Apr 30 with 1277 viewsGaryjack

Wasn't there a poster on here who believed Kevin Spacey should be forgiven for his sexual assaults against minors? Can't remember who it was now!
Kevin Johns on 21:16 - Apr 30 with 1263 viewsbonymine

I passed his house this afternoon after the verdict and was thinking about all the pain and suffering him and his family have had to endure unnecessarily throughout all this.

Given the presence of his wife at his side and holding hands at the post trial tv statement from his legal team, I sincerely hope they can all be allowed to move on and enjoy something resembling a ‘happy life’ for the rest of their days 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Kevin Johns on 21:24 - Apr 30 with 1246 viewsKeithHaynes

Kevin Johns on 20:31 - Apr 30 by Boundy

So he was found not guilty on an improper investigation ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Kevin Johns on 21:30 - Apr 30 with 1226 viewsGaryjack

Kevin Johns on 21:24 - Apr 30 by KeithHaynes

Couldn't have been Keith or it would have meant the Judge directing the jury to give a not guilty verdict, meaning a unanimous verdict.
Kevin Johns on 21:37 - Apr 30 with 1216 viewsmax936

Plus one

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Kevin Johns on 22:46 - Apr 30 with 1144 viewsBoundy

Kevin Johns on 21:24 - Apr 30 by KeithHaynes

Sorry I have no idea hence the question mark.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Kevin Johns on 22:56 - Apr 30 with 1130 viewsKeithHaynes

Kevin Johns on 22:46 - Apr 30 by Boundy

Sorry I have no idea hence the question mark.

I haven’t followed it mate, just happy he is not guilty which means he is innocent, I just hope that’s it for him.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Kevin Johns on 23:03 - Apr 30 with 1128 viewsJack123

I have not followed the trial throughout, took a brief glimpse at the first days reporting and thought NO, I'm not going to read anymore.

But it's a joke, that they can take him to court, with basically one mans word against another's, with no actual evidence to back it up.

I feel sorry for him, although found not guilty I feel his life will never be the same again, many will look at him differently.

I think the police need to address the way they go about these cases, such has been said the reason they give the accused's name and the charges against him, is that they are putting that out there for other people to stand up and say yes he did that to me as well, says it all for me, nobody came forward.

They have should have dropped the case there and then, before it went to court, and put the accuser through intense interrogation.

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024