Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust statement 20:05 - Jun 13 with 27951 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The court case is happening at last.

Thanks Joe, a little bit from me to everyone.

Hi folks, this is clearly a topic many enjoy commenting on, but please remain consistent in your responses avoiding potential slurs on any characters involved and remain objective.

Thanks 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Trust statement on 23:20 - Jun 13 with 1566 viewsTreforys_Jack

Trust statement on 22:51 - Jun 13 by ReslovenSwan1

He took a club with debts, the Vetch field a terrible squad in league 2. He left the club in the championship with McBurnie, Rodon, Dan James, Andre Ayew on the books with an excellent manager in Potter (best in England according to Pep) and a state of the art infrastructure. The media use their brain to think about stuff.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 22:55]

Didn't you say many times it wouldn't go to court?
Trust statement on 23:33 - Jun 13 with 1543 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trust statement on 22:45 - Jun 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Shame on the Trust board members who advised members against legal action the first time round and decided to "trust" those same people who (allegedly) screwed them over in the first place. Those of us who knew this was the only option the first time around are vindicated.

Let's hope Jenkins et al lose a lot of sleep over this in the coming months before losing a lot of money once it's over.

Also, let's hope national media outlets pick this up as it infuriates me how Jenkins et al still largely retain a positive image both locally and nationally.

Agree and disagree there.

Agree regarding the vote. The Trust recommendation and the subsequent voting structure absolutely ensured that instead of a democratic vote being reached, they increased the power of their own individual vote to reflect their own personal wishes and sway the outcome towards that. It was truly horrendous to witness and one of the darkest hours in the Trusts history. Against all sensible thought and advice they were trying to ensure they wouldn’t go the legal route and treated the membership with utter contempt.

I am amazed the Americans pulled out of what was such a one sided deal for them. It really was throwing the trust in exchange for the keys to their house, car and wife and them clamouring over hot coals to take it. It was as bizarre as it was tragic.

As for Jenkins, I don’t know how anyone can be anything other than grateful. The question you have to ask yourself is:-

“Would I take back his reign due to how it ended?”.

So that’s the 7 years in the Premier League, that’s the major trophy, the European run, the back to back top 10 finishes, Wembley promotion, the Swansea style with the likes of Martinez, Britton, Rodgers, state of the art facilities... and instead have our future be lower league cloggers with the likes of Steve Watkin being our marquee signing.

If your answer is no, as I would imagine most people’s would - then he’s done far more good for the club than bad. Far more. For that I can only be grateful.

His crime, if you can call it that, was realising he had taken the club as far as he could and after 10+ years of service wanted to take his money out of the club, secure his families future and live his life. He has hardly left us in peril, the Americans have been decent custodians apart from the odd commercial decision over footballing (Bradley and Arriola spring to mind).

We have just had 2 back to back Championship play off finishes, something that would have been seen as a great achievement even in the Martinez/Sousa era. We are essentially in a much better place now than when he took over but with a lifetime of memories. There aren’t many chairmen in football that can lay claim to that.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Trust statement on 23:44 - Jun 13 with 1510 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust statement on 23:20 - Jun 13 by Treforys_Jack

Who says it will.? I certainly doubted it.

As the saying goes I will not believe it until the fat lady (court usher) sings "Arise arise here comes the judge".

Even in league 2 the club would be worth say £5m. This means the SCST will be £1m. To be 1% holding would need £94m US investent in league 2. Can you do sums Treforys? But the statement says they will be diluted to zero.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Trust statement on 23:53 - Jun 13 with 1498 viewsKeithHaynes

Trust statement on 23:20 - Jun 13 by Treforys_Jack

I reckon a payout to the trust of around 5 million would keep it out of court.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Trust statement on 23:57 - Jun 13 with 1493 viewsmajorraglan

Interesting development. If the Trust legal opinion is that they have a strong case and they win, in addition to being compensated then the losers are likely to have to pay the Trust’s legal bill and their own. Could be expensive.
Trust statement on 00:08 - Jun 14 with 1473 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust statement on 23:57 - Jun 13 by majorraglan

Interesting development. If the Trust legal opinion is that they have a strong case and they win, in addition to being compensated then the losers are likely to have to pay the Trust’s legal bill and their own. Could be expensive.

Please explain to me who pays what if they lose the case? Will the SCST shares be up for grabs? Probably about £400k per 1%. That could be expensive as well right?

Trust statement on 00:38 - Jun 14 with 1458 viewsChief

Trust statement on 00:08 - Jun 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Please explain to me who pays what if they lose the case? Will the SCST shares be up for grabs? Probably about £400k per 1%. That could be expensive as well right?

The trust obviously.

But read the statement and they allude to the fact that such an outcome has been thought of and measures put in place to deal with those consequences.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 0:39]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Trust statement on 00:40 - Jun 14 with 1456 viewsChief

Trust statement on 23:53 - Jun 13 by KeithHaynes

A 5mill payout with the trust also keeping their shares?

Login to get fewer ads

Trust statement on 06:35 - Jun 14 with 1411 viewsCatullus

Trust statement on 20:36 - Jun 13 by onehunglow

Ive asked countless times how is benefits the club and not received anything at all resembling an explanation.
It is an utter waste of time,and a real distraction to what we should be about and that i getting back to the Prem. Sueing sellers wont do that but some bitters will be happy. They are more con concerned with the money people made out of the sale of the club than the club itself.
It is typical Welsh back stabbing. We're united are we? MYRSE we are.

Pitiful and laughable and when it fails I look forward to some humble pie.

That's a bit different from my understanding of things. I've always felt the backstabbing was done by the sellers and the trust is only looking for a fair result.

The Trust should be siiting there with several million in the bank, sitting there for a rainy day, which is bound to come!

Although it doesn't really affect the owners so much I do feel it's now an unwanted distraction and everybody's focus should be on next season but if it's definitely on then lets get it sorted and behind us, one way or the other.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Trust statement on 07:12 - Jun 14 with 1390 viewsYrAlarch

Trust statement on 20:36 - Jun 13 by onehunglow

Ive asked countless times how is benefits the club and not received anything at all resembling an explanation.
It is an utter waste of time,and a real distraction to what we should be about and that i getting back to the Prem. Sueing sellers wont do that but some bitters will be happy. They are more con concerned with the money people made out of the sale of the club than the club itself.
It is typical Welsh back stabbing. We're united are we? MYRSE we are.

Pitiful and laughable and when it fails I look forward to some humble pie.

You have obviously written that without having read the Trust Statement.

There is NO impact upon the existing Club and it's ownership.
Trust statement on 07:40 - Jun 14 with 1366 viewsChief

Trust statement on 07:12 - Jun 14 by YrAlarch

Being devil's advocate, there could be....

The Americans could take out their out loan which doesn't help us, it could prompt them to start really looking at where they could take this money back out of the club.

This however is based on the premise that they'd be handicapping their own investment. And doing such things makes our chances of reaching the premier league soon even less& therefore their chances of selling at a decent price to get their initial outlay back less.

Or doing illegal things Oyston style by taking money out in large amounts.

Neither are realistically going to happen in my opinion.

Trust statement on 07:43 - Jun 14 with 1361 viewswaynekerr55

Trust statement on 22:10 - Jun 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Welsh people took this club to Old Trafford, Anfield, The Emirates and won from the desolation of the Vetch. Like Britton Ferry bridge the club infrastructure is a great asset. Real investent and growth into the club. The SCST owned 21% of a mess and now 21% of a very nice club with great infrastucture good players and no debt. ​

They want out as they see no future for the club. Such people are of little use. Off they must go.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 22:56]

No debt?

Is that the latest line being fed to you?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Trust statement on 08:08 - Jun 14 with 1338 viewsFireboy2

I think that could be the likely result Keith.
Trust statement on 08:14 - Jun 14 with 1335 viewsCatullus

Trust statement on 07:43 - Jun 14 by waynekerr55

No debt?

Is that the latest line being fed to you?

Res does often sound like a mouhpiece for the previous owners. I've no idea why he's so devoted to their defence and to doing down the trust?

However, we don't know what this latest seasons figures are, we knoe there are loans though. We also know the season before we managed a small profit. At the very least we know we are not losing millions every month.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Trust statement on 08:33 - Jun 14 with 1315 viewsDr_Winston

We are in debt at least to Jake Silverstein and the current owners to the tune of about £10m. That debt can be converted into equity if so desired, so the definition of "debt" is a little hazy.

Based on the last accounts we don't seem to have much in the way of liabilities and some cash in the bank so overall we were in pretty good nick pre-Covid. Question is how much damage twelve months of empty stadiums has done to that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trust statement on 08:47 - Jun 14 with 1291 viewsonehunglow

Trust statement on 07:12 - Jun 14 by YrAlarch

IS?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Trust statement on 08:48 - Jun 14 with 1291 viewsonehunglow

Trust statement on 21:56 - Jun 13 by Oldjack

crap ! have you ever been ripped off ?

Yes Al. You?
So what?
When I have been ,I moved on.
You?

Trust statement on 09:24 - Jun 14 with 1258 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust statement on 08:14 - Jun 14 by Catullus

Res does often sound like a mouhpiece for the previous owners. I've no idea why he's so devoted to their defence and to doing down the trust?

However, we don't know what this latest seasons figures are, we knoe there are loans though. We also know the season before we managed a small profit. At the very least we know we are not losing millions every month.

The club is losing millions of pounds every month while Andre Ayew is on the wage bill. The loses are offset by the Rodon / Celina / Peterson transfers and the loan from the US owners. Losses at least £1m a month I would guess.

Trust statement on 09:26 - Jun 14 with 1251 viewsonehunglow

Trust statement on 09:24 - Jun 14 by ReslovenSwan1

The club is losing millions of pounds every month while Andre Ayew is on the wage bill. The loses are offset by the Rodon / Celina / Peterson transfers and the loan from the US owners. Losses at least £1m a month I would guess.

and the profit on players?

Trust statement on 09:47 - Jun 14 with 1240 viewsDr_Winston

Trust statement on 09:26 - Jun 14 by onehunglow

and the profit on players?

Has been spent paying wages. And overhanging costs from our time in the Prem. This has been explained to you repeatedly. The figures are freely available for you to peruse, yet you still don't get it.

I feel like Father Ted in the "This cow is small, but those are far away" scene, except that Dougal will probably work it out eventually.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trust statement on 09:47 - Jun 14 with 1238 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust statement on 00:40 - Jun 14 by Chief

A 5mill payout with the trust also keeping their shares?

Do you think the US owners will roll over like this? I do not.

These will be divorce proceedings. It will cost what it costs and the SCST will be out of the club forever. The time for compromises was at mediation which did not happen.

Trust statement on 09:55 - Jun 14 with 1225 viewsChief

Trust statement on 09:47 - Jun 14 by ReslovenSwan1

These will be divorce proceedings. It will cost what it costs and the SCST will be out of the club forever. The time for compromises was at mediation which did not happen.

I have no idea what the Americans intend to do. We'll find out once they receive the summons.

I don't know why you keep saying that the SCST will be out of the club forever. You literally have no basis whatsoever to claim that frankly. Well I do know why actually.

Your repeated lies, myths, misrepresentations, conflations over a period of years have obviously been designed to try and derail this process and spread seeds of doubt. Thankfully most can see through it. You've overplayed your hand badly and you still are.

Trust statement on 10:00 - Jun 14 with 1215 viewsonehunglow

Trust statement on 09:47 - Jun 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Res
Im in the not for me that usual poition of disagreeing with everyone but Im not that rsed frankly.

I think you raise fair concerns Res and those dismissing you out of hand are out of their minds,as is anyone who believes this will benefit the club in any way.
I have read all there is to read and to say it does not include the club is simply risible a that i what this is about the CLUB,who owns it and why.

Now ,tbh,I dread both outcomes

It does however give the likes of Winston full reign to try to ridicule those not ticking to the Trust tune. One day,out fan base might show respect to all those who love the club albeit in their own little ways.

It matters not where you live either as this club is in one's DNA wherever you and it stays your whole life through. There is no escape from it either. It' a curse in its own way but it is part of your every fibre.

What others feel about you matters not.People need to understand that before their insult other posters.

Trust statement on 10:07 - Jun 14 with 1212 viewsBadlands

Is that £5 million the Trust will donate to improving the squad, club and ir facikities?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Trust statement on 10:13 - Jun 14 with 1258 views3swan

Trust statement on 10:07 - Jun 14 by Badlands

Is that £5 million the Trust will donate to improving the squad, club and ir facikities?

Why the word donate? I would have no problem with the Trust loaning the money on the same terms as other loans provided by other shareholders
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024