Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? 15:13 - Jun 21 with 6117 viewsKeithHaynes

How’s it looking today ?

I’m thinking about it from Spain, we have vaccine certificates and the new residence identity cards, not sure they would prevent anyone living here in the EU from entering.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 15:43 - Jun 21 with 3115 viewsThornburyswan

You might be able to get in Keith but current UK - Netherlands travel rules are a straight no.
Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 20:40 - Jun 21 with 3010 viewsPolskijack

I am in a similar position and was thinking about going to Amsterdam from Poland. Unfortunately for me, my EU Covid certificate won't be fully valid until 2 weeks from my second jab (had this last Friday). Also they won't officially be accepted until 1/7 as I understand it.

Coming from the UK is a different matter re testing and then quarantine on return.
Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 20:45 - Jun 21 with 2995 viewscontroversial_jack

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 20:40 - Jun 21 by Polskijack

I am in a similar position and was thinking about going to Amsterdam from Poland. Unfortunately for me, my EU Covid certificate won't be fully valid until 2 weeks from my second jab (had this last Friday). Also they won't officially be accepted until 1/7 as I understand it.

Coming from the UK is a different matter re testing and then quarantine on return.

No, we aren't allowed entry to the Netherlands.
Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 20:51 - Jun 21 with 2988 viewsKeithHaynes

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 15:43 - Jun 21 by Thornburyswan

You might be able to get in Keith but current UK - Netherlands travel rules are a straight no.

I’m getting the message that any Wales fans arriving in Holland on Saturday regardless of the starting point will be subject to all sorts of hassle. Even coming from Italy which is in the Netherlands green zone.

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 22:23 - Jun 21 with 2921 viewsowainglyndwr

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 20:51 - Jun 21 by KeithHaynes

I’m getting the message that any Wales fans arriving in Holland on Saturday regardless of the starting point will be subject to all sorts of hassle. Even coming from Italy which is in the Netherlands green zone.

Does this also apply to Danish supporters ?

The competition has been a bit farcical with so many teams having home advantage
Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 22:27 - Jun 21 with 2897 viewsonehunglow

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 22:23 - Jun 21 by owainglyndwr

The competition has been a bit farcical with so many teams having home advantage

Danes are loud and inspire their team

Bring em on

Innit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 22:29 - Jun 21 with 2903 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 22:23 - Jun 21 by owainglyndwr

I don’t know for sure but probably not. UK people are banned because of the Indian COVID variant which isn’t an issue at present in Denmark.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 22:34 - Jun 21 with 2882 viewsonehunglow

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 22:29 - Jun 21 by Joe_bradshaw

I don’t know for sure but probably not. UK people are banned because of the Indian COVID variant which isn’t an issue at present in Denmark.

We have it as India was part of our colonial legacy.

Danes kept it closer to home.Smart people. Maybe it's karma for our colonial sins.

Login to get fewer ads

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 22:36 - Jun 21 with 2887 viewsFireboy2

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 22:29 - Jun 21 by Joe_bradshaw

Thanks boris you fvcking selfish imbecile.
Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 22:37 - Jun 21 with 2885 viewsmax936

Netherland is on UK's amber list, so Netherlands have reciprocated, that's what it looks like, can't blame them.

But, you can bet your the shirt on your back, that Boris will allow all the "Dignitaries" and hangers on to be here for the semi final and final.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 22:41 - Jun 21 with 2873 viewsTenbySwan

Denmark is next door to Holland with an open border so expect thousands of them to attend.
Outrageously unfair.
Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 22:44 - Jun 21 with 2869 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I’ve had a look at The Netherlands safe countries list. The UK isn’t on it but neither is Denmark which is interesting.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 23:04 - Jun 21 with 2835 viewstrampie

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 22:44 - Jun 21 by Joe_bradshaw

I’ve had a look at The Netherlands safe countries list. The UK isn’t on it but neither is Denmark which is interesting.

Germany is ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 23:05 - Jun 21 with 2829 viewsKeithHaynes

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 23:04 - Jun 21 by trampie

Germany is ?

Yes, but you have to be a resident.

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 23:05 - Jun 21 with 2820 viewsonehunglow

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 23:04 - Jun 21 by trampie

Germany is ?

German is !

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 23:09 - Jun 21 with 2813 viewstrampie

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 23:05 - Jun 21 by KeithHaynes

Yes, but you have to be a resident.

Can you walk/drive across the border from Denmark into Germany and then walk/drive across the border from Germany into the Netherlands ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 23:11 - Jun 21 with 2803 viewsonehunglow

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 23:09 - Jun 21 by trampie

Can you walk/drive across the border from Denmark into Germany and then walk/drive across the border from Germany into the Netherlands ?

I would walk 500 miles

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 00:06 - Jun 22 with 2774 viewsmajorraglan

Yes, quite easily.

Went to watch Wales play in Copenhagen in 1987 and that’s exactly what we did. Ferry to the Netherlands, then drove up through Germany where we caught a ferry to Denmark. We went for 5 or 6 days and had a great time. We had considered the Harwich to Esbjerg ferry, but glad we didn’t as we were told Cardiff fans caused trouble on board. 24 hours plus on a ferry with Cardiff fans wouldn’t be my idea of fun.
Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 09:05 - Jun 22 with 2709 viewsploppy

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 22:41 - Jun 21 by TenbySwan

Denmark is next door to Holland with an open border so expect thousands of them to attend.
Outrageously unfair.

Not it isn't. Germany's in between.
Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 09:38 - Jun 22 with 2688 viewscontroversial_jack

Uk citizens are not allowed into the Netherlands whichever way they get there
Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 10:55 - Jun 22 with 2648 viewstrampie

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 09:38 - Jun 22 by controversial_jack

Uk citizens are not allowed into the Netherlands whichever way they get there

We know that but how can they police it ?

Can't UK citizens just go to another EU European country pick up a hire car and drive there, what is the story with jumping on a train in an EU European country that is not on the Netherlands banned list ?

Are EU countries borders shut between each other ?

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 11:03 - Jun 22 with 2637 viewstrampie

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 09:05 - Jun 22 by ploppy

Not it isn't. Germany's in between.

The point is Denmark is close to the Netherlands and isn't there an open border between Denmark and Germany and an open border between Germany and the Netherlands, with Germany not on the Netherlands banned list.

Would it be the same as Scotland saying Welsh fans are banned from Scotland and can't go to watch Wales playing up in Scotland but England is not on Scotland's banned list and England is not banning anyone, what is the stop Wales fans just driving through England and into Scotland (in an English car if need be) or catching a train in England.

It's one thing saying certain people are banned but with open borders how can it be policed ?

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 11:31 - Jun 22 with 2607 viewsKeithHaynes

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 11:03 - Jun 22 by trampie

The point is Denmark is close to the Netherlands and isn't there an open border between Denmark and Germany and an open border between Germany and the Netherlands, with Germany not on the Netherlands banned list.

Would it be the same as Scotland saying Welsh fans are banned from Scotland and can't go to watch Wales playing up in Scotland but England is not on Scotland's banned list and England is not banning anyone, what is the stop Wales fans just driving through England and into Scotland (in an English car if need be) or catching a train in England.

It's one thing saying certain people are banned but with open borders how can it be policed ?

When You get stopped ( if you get stopped ) and you can’t show you are a resident of a ‘safe country’ and only have a uk passport. The trouble begins. you will be deported.

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 11:39 - Jun 22 with 2597 viewstrampie

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 11:31 - Jun 22 by KeithHaynes

When You get stopped ( if you get stopped ) and you can’t show you are a resident of a ‘safe country’ and only have a uk passport. The trouble begins. you will be deported.

If you get stopped, the way Europe has been for decades the chances are you will not get stopped.

PS no British number plates and no flying colours.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 11:41]

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 11:47 - Jun 22 with 2567 viewsKeithHaynes

Travel to Netherlands from the U.K. on Saturday ? on 11:39 - Jun 22 by trampie

If you get stopped, the way Europe has been for decades the chances are you will not get stopped.

PS no British number plates and no flying colours.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 11:41]

It’s a hell of a risk.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024