Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lions Tour Thread 20:48 - Jun 22 with 9802 viewsonehunglow

Too early or what?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lions Tour Thread on 14:10 - Jun 25 with 1568 viewsmonmouth

The Welsh team were staying in the same hotel as us on Monday in Conwy. I can never appreciate the size of them until close up, even the ones that I don't think of as particularly huge like Nugget (he was a coach...I presume..or he was on a jolly in a posh hotel...). Anyway, I told Navidi that he deserved to be on the Lions tour and he was telling me about what Gatland and Alun Wyn are like. He said some of them might be coming back before a game is played the way they train.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Lions Tour Thread on 14:33 - Jun 25 with 1546 viewsKeithHaynes

Lions v Japan on the weekend.
Saturday 3pm from Murrayfield.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Lions Tour Thread on 19:27 - Jun 25 with 1503 viewsbonymine

Lions Tour Thread on 14:10 - Jun 25 by monmouth

The Welsh team were staying in the same hotel as us on Monday in Conwy. I can never appreciate the size of them until close up, even the ones that I don't think of as particularly huge like Nugget (he was a coach...I presume..or he was on a jolly in a posh hotel...). Anyway, I told Navidi that he deserved to be on the Lions tour and he was telling me about what Gatland and Alun Wyn are like. He said some of them might be coming back before a game is played the way they train.

Beautiful part of the world that Monny we were up there a couple of months back stayed in Harlech and explored Snowdonia and the Llyn Peninsula every day weather was very kind too ☀️😎👍

Certainly from my perspective it’s taken Lockdown to really appreciate what God’s Country has to offer on our own doorstep and not adopting the former ‘default mindset’ of holiday = abroad.

Nice anecdote about the Wales team too always good to have a chat with the players and get an insight into what goes on behind the scenes as it were.

New Zealand tour 2015 was on my bucket list but sadly personal matters overtook that particular dream but one day ........🤞🙏🏼

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Lions Tour Thread on 20:02 - Jun 25 with 1498 viewsmonmouth

Lions Tour Thread on 19:27 - Jun 25 by bonymine

Beautiful part of the world that Monny we were up there a couple of months back stayed in Harlech and explored Snowdonia and the Llyn Peninsula every day weather was very kind too ☀️😎👍

Certainly from my perspective it’s taken Lockdown to really appreciate what God’s Country has to offer on our own doorstep and not adopting the former ‘default mindset’ of holiday = abroad.

Nice anecdote about the Wales team too always good to have a chat with the players and get an insight into what goes on behind the scenes as it were.

New Zealand tour 2015 was on my bucket list but sadly personal matters overtook that particular dream but one day ........🤞🙏🏼

It is very lovely Bony. We stopped off in Harlech on our way down to lovely Aberaeron, as had never been there. Harlech was just grand (and a hell of a lot nicer than Caernarfon which looked like a pighole...very disappointed there). Didn't get up Snowdonia. Next time.

My mate has just lost 6k by the look of it on this SA tour. He was going out with an amateur choir and had some singing dates to help with accommodation. Apparently because if they get out there they could still do everything they planned, they can't get a refund. I didn't really understand but he was pretty convinced it's gone west. Gutting for him. As you say, a bucket list job. I said if we are both still alive we'll do NZ in 8 years.

Lions Tour Thread on 10:23 - Jun 26 with 1408 viewsonehunglow

Lions Tour Thread on 20:02 - Jun 25 by monmouth

It is very lovely Bony. We stopped off in Harlech on our way down to lovely Aberaeron, as had never been there. Harlech was just grand (and a hell of a lot nicer than Caernarfon which looked like a pighole...very disappointed there). Didn't get up Snowdonia. Next time.

My mate has just lost 6k by the look of it on this SA tour. He was going out with an amateur choir and had some singing dates to help with accommodation. Apparently because if they get out there they could still do everything they planned, they can't get a refund. I didn't really understand but he was pretty convinced it's gone west. Gutting for him. As you say, a bucket list job. I said if we are both still alive we'll do NZ in 8 years.

Mon.
Both Caernarfon and especially Bangor are ratoles but in a beautiful area.The locals are the least welcoming people imaginable .
South Wales is far more friendly an environment.

Lions Tour Thread on 14:56 - Jun 26 with 1374 viewsCatullus

Lions Tour Thread on 14:10 - Jun 25 by monmouth

AWJ is a notoriously hard trainer, every bit as committed as during games. I don't doubt there'll be some training injuries.

The physiques on these guys is incredible. The level of dedication needed to get into that shape must be huge,

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Lions Tour Thread on 14:57 - Jun 26 with 1373 viewsKeithHaynes

LIVE on Ch4. U.K. time 3pm.

Line-ups, no English picked for the first time in history.

British and Irish Lions: Williams; Adams, Henshaw, Aki, Van der Merwe; Biggar, Murray; Sutherland, Owens, Furlong, Henderson, AW Jones (capt), Beirne, Tipuric, Conan

Replacements: George, W Jones, Sinckler, Lawes, Faletau, Price, Farrell, A Watson.

Japan: Yamanaka; Matsushima, Lafaele, Nakamura, Fifita; Tamura, Shigeno; Inagaki, Sakate, Koo, Van der Walt, Moore, Leitch (capt), Labuschagne, Mafi.

Replacements: Horikoshi, Millar, Ai Valu, Cornelson, Himeno, Tatafu, Saito, Matsuda.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Lions Tour Thread on 15:45 - Jun 26 with 1347 viewsmonmouth

Lions Tour Thread on 14:57 - Jun 26 by KeithHaynes

LIVE on Ch4. U.K. time 3pm.

Line-ups, no English picked for the first time in history.

British and Irish Lions: Williams; Adams, Henshaw, Aki, Van der Merwe; Biggar, Murray; Sutherland, Owens, Furlong, Henderson, AW Jones (capt), Beirne, Tipuric, Conan

Replacements: George, W Jones, Sinckler, Lawes, Faletau, Price, Farrell, A Watson.

Japan: Yamanaka; Matsushima, Lafaele, Nakamura, Fifita; Tamura, Shigeno; Inagaki, Sakate, Koo, Van der Walt, Moore, Leitch (capt), Labuschagne, Mafi.

Replacements: Horikoshi, Millar, Ai Valu, Cornelson, Himeno, Tatafu, Saito, Matsuda.

This post has been edited by an administrator

AWJ tour over before it starts.

Login to get fewer ads

Lions Tour Thread on 15:48 - Jun 26 with 1346 viewsjeza739

Not looking good for AWJ.. hand/ wrist injury after 7 min . Also Tips also gone off inj in first half ..
Lions Tour Thread on 16:10 - Jun 26 with 1329 viewsonehunglow

Sport is surely cruel if nothing else

Lions Tour Thread on 16:47 - Jun 26 with 1320 viewsCatullus

AWJ noit looking too bad, sat in the stand. He's not strapped up, not looking in too much pain. Maybe he got lucky?

At least Tips walked off with just a slight limp.

The Japanese always finish strongly, they are very fit.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Lions Tour Thread on 20:07 - Jun 26 with 1277 viewsmonmouth

Lions Tour Thread on 16:47 - Jun 26 by Catullus

AWJ noit looking too bad, sat in the stand. He's not strapped up, not looking in too much pain. Maybe he got lucky?

Dislocated shoulder. Toast.

Lions Tour Thread on 20:07 - Jun 26 with 1277 viewsmax936

Lions Tour Thread on 16:47 - Jun 26 by Catullus

Awj. done his shoulder, scan monday I'm hearing tips, hamstring.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Lions Tour Thread on 20:12 - Jun 26 with 1274 viewsonehunglow

Lions Tour Thread on 20:07 - Jun 26 by max936

Awj. done his shoulder, scan monday I'm hearing tips, hamstring.

Thinks that might be Tips buggered

Lions Tour Thread on 20:24 - Jun 26 with 1269 viewsmax936

Lions Tour Thread on 20:12 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

Thinks that might be Tips buggered

Yep, massive shame for what he's given to rugby over the yrs, lovely humble guy as well, as is AWJ.

Lions Tour Thread on 21:14 - Jun 26 with 1252 viewsCatullus

Such a shame for the 2 players and then the team let me down too, I started an accy off with a Lions win with a 19 point handicap at evens. then Wales to lose and Italy to win....

Lions Tour Thread on 21:50 - Jun 26 with 1245 viewsmax936

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57623557

Lions Tour Thread on 21:54 - Jun 26 with 1243 viewsmax936

Lions Tour Thread on 21:50 - Jun 26 by max936

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57623557

Tips got shoulder as well, I was sure it was his hamstring, hopefully nothing serious then.

Lions Tour Thread on 10:34 - Jun 27 with 1166 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m surprised with the length of time between the tests and now they made such a quick decision.

Lions Tour Thread on 12:53 - Jun 27 with 1139 viewsCatullus

Lions Tour Thread on 10:34 - Jun 27 by KeithHaynes

I’m surprised with the length of time between the tests and now they made such a quick decision.

Gatland did say AWJ might be ready by the first test, if he is maybe he'll get a recall when other injuries happen, which I'm sure they will. Tips is looking like being out longer.

I'm looking forward to the real business starting now and the kick off times are all good too 1700 or 1900.

https://www.lionstour.com/fixtures/

Maybe I'm being a bit ambitious and enthusiastic for AWJ but this is definitely his last tour as a player, it'd be a shame if he missed it completely now.

Lions Tour Thread on 13:16 - Jun 27 with 1135 viewsmonmouth

Lions Tour Thread on 12:53 - Jun 27 by Catullus

Gatland did say AWJ might be ready by the first test, if he is maybe he'll get a recall when other injuries happen, which I'm sure they will. Tips is looking like being out longer.

I'm looking forward to the real business starting now and the kick off times are all good too 1700 or 1900.

https://www.lionstour.com/fixtures/

Maybe I'm being a bit ambitious and enthusiastic for AWJ but this is definitely his last tour as a player, it'd be a shame if he missed it completely now.

Second row is not where you want to take any risks against the boks, and sadly for AWJ, if not for the tour, there is a fair bit of strength at second row in the squad. I’d be delighted but surprised if he made it. Maybe if they have lost 2-0 then he’ll get a goodbye final test as lions captain.

Lions Tour Thread on 13:39 - Jun 27 with 1133 viewsonehunglow

Lions Tour Thread on 13:16 - Jun 27 by monmouth

Second row is not where you want to take any risks against the boks, and sadly for AWJ, if not for the tour, there is a fair bit of strength at second row in the squad. I’d be delighted but surprised if he made it. Maybe if they have lost 2-0 then he’ll get a goodbye final test as lions captain.

Facing Etzebeth and De Jager with a recent shoulder disclocation would be horrendous.
It could give him a disability for life.
The Afrikaaner is not one to take it easy on an opponent or enemy.

Lions Tour Thread on 16:26 - Jun 27 with 1113 viewsSirjohnalot

Number of positive tests in the SA squad. President to address the nation tonight. Could be off.
Lions Tour Thread on 16:58 - Jun 27 with 1108 viewsKeithHaynes

Lions Tour Thread on 16:26 - Jun 27 by Sirjohnalot

Number of positive tests in the SA squad. President to address the nation tonight. Could be off.

It may help.

Lions Tour Thread on 17:27 - Jun 27 with 1093 viewsmax936

Lions Tour Thread on 16:26 - Jun 27 by Sirjohnalot

Doesn't say that here, 3 players tested positive for covid. The whole squad is isolating as a precaution though, doesn't look good at the moment, in fairness.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57630316
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 17:30]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024