Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Royal Navy 18:16 - Jun 24 with 3297 viewsonehunglow

I listened to the Jeremy Vine phone in today regarding the Black Sea intimidation by Vlad and the boys.
Most see it as naked bullying by mother Russia apart form one who saw it a war mongering by Boris Johnson. This waters are international and clearly marked as such.

The caller was from Swansea

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Royal Navy on 08:44 - Jun 25 with 825 viewsonehunglow

Gonna be a long day by the looks of it.
Luckily ,I have found a task to do

Royal Navy on 09:37 - Jun 25 with 787 viewsCatullus

Royal Navy on 08:16 - Jun 25 by onehunglow

Proves my point.#We have people,like killy, who detest the country they live in and do so in safety,free from the threat of invasion than Russia is prone to love.
Would you have supported them a they rolled in tanks into Budapest,where they were simply "protecteing the people",or east Germany ;speak to anyone who has lived under mother Russia.

They have always wanted Crimea back and did so.

They only respect strength and power

If anybody is supporting Russia in this whilst they freely attack the Uk government, it shows who and what they really are.

Bojo is a liar but Putin is in a whole different class.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Royal Navy on 09:49 - Jun 25 with 785 viewsonehunglow

Royal Navy on 09:37 - Jun 25 by Catullus

If anybody is supporting Russia in this whilst they freely attack the Uk government, it shows who and what they really are.

Bojo is a liar but Putin is in a whole different class.

Boris talks big but not acts accordingly. He s no Churchill,one of kills heroes .

Russia is and has acted as it feels and bugged what the rest of the world thinks.

They have their own values and their domestic history is surely enough evidence of the Russian mindset

There again,IRA were very supportive to Eire in the civil war ,as they are to any insurgents who they can use for their own ends

Royal Navy on 10:07 - Jun 25 with 773 viewscontroversial_jack

Royal Navy on 09:49 - Jun 25 by onehunglow

Boris talks big but not acts accordingly. He s no Churchill,one of kills heroes .

Russia is and has acted as it feels and bugged what the rest of the world thinks.

They have their own values and their domestic history is surely enough evidence of the Russian mindset

There again,IRA were very supportive to Eire in the civil war ,as they are to any insurgents who they can use for their own ends

Russia has has acted as it feels and to hell with the rest of the world. It's a good thing American foreign policy doesn't do that.
Royal Navy on 12:59 - Jun 25 with 727 viewsCatullus

Russia still wants control of the satellite countries that used to be in the USSR. They see them as a buffer between them and the West. That was why Putin got so angry when the EU was courting the Ukraine, the last thing he wanted was an EU member right on his doorstep.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Royal Navy on 13:28 - Jun 25 with 707 viewscontroversial_jack

Royal Navy on 12:59 - Jun 25 by Catullus

Russia still wants control of the satellite countries that used to be in the USSR. They see them as a buffer between them and the West. That was why Putin got so angry when the EU was courting the Ukraine, the last thing he wanted was an EU member right on his doorstep.

The satellite states are where NATO has sited many of it's missile sites as a provocation to Russia.
Royal Navy on 13:36 - Jun 25 with 701 viewsonehunglow

Royal Navy on 12:59 - Jun 25 by Catullus

They do indeed .It' why the Baltic States are very wary of them
Tramp and killy need to peak to Estonians,Latvians or Lithuanians.

Royal Navy on 13:38 - Jun 25 with 697 viewstrampie

Royal Navy on 13:28 - Jun 25 by controversial_jack

The satellite states are where NATO has sited many of it's missile sites as a provocation to Russia.

The Americans didn't like it when the Russians had missiles on America's doorstep in Cuba and now the Russians don't like the West having missiles on their doorstep.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2021 13:44]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Royal Navy on 13:49 - Jun 25 with 681 viewscontroversial_jack

Royal Navy on 13:38 - Jun 25 by trampie

The Americans didn't like it when the Russians had missiles on America's doorstep in Cuba and now the Russians don't like the West having missiles on their doorstep.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2021 13:44]

Perfectly understandable and we should keep out of it. We are minnows militarily
Royal Navy on 13:52 - Jun 25 with 674 viewstrampie

Some say the West are doing the same with China, surrounding them with missiles.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Royal Navy on 14:37 - Jun 25 with 653 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Royal Navy on 13:52 - Jun 25 by trampie

Some say the West are doing the same with China, surrounding them with missiles.

Is that the same China that invaded Tibet, has blocked democracy in Hong Kong, is practicing enthic cleansing of it's Muslim population as well as claiming the territorial waters of neighbouring countries in violation of international law. They are also blocking shipping and navigation rights through international waters against United nations regulations.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Royal Navy on 14:59 - Jun 25 with 648 viewscontroversial_jack

Royal Navy on 14:37 - Jun 25 by felixstowe_jack

Is that the same China that invaded Tibet, has blocked democracy in Hong Kong, is practicing enthic cleansing of it's Muslim population as well as claiming the territorial waters of neighbouring countries in violation of international law. They are also blocking shipping and navigation rights through international waters against United nations regulations.

Thank goodness Israel never did any of that.
Royal Navy on 16:07 - Jun 25 with 620 viewsKilkennyjack

I can confirm that Churchill is not on my list of heroes. 🤷‍♂️

I understand this is a minority view in Brexidiot Britain …

Beware of the Risen People

Royal Navy on 18:09 - Jun 25 with 602 viewsReslovenSwan1

A few questions that need clearing up.

a) Was the ship in international waters or notionally Ukrainian waters (Crimea)

b) Crimea is formally in Ukraine by UN definition but without doubt the people want to be in Russia. A vote was held and the people voted to be join Russia. The vote was not accepted internationally. It seems to me a formality that they will eventually join Russia once all the necessary protocols are completed .

c) Why was not the views of the people of Crimea not accepted by the international community?

d) There are curently many such instances in the former USSR where isolated Russian communities want to be part of Russia. It is the obligation of host countries to keep these people happy by treating them as equal. One thinks of the Baltic states and kazakstan for example.

e) There are also incidences where non Russian peoples prefer to be part of Russia than minorities in a liberated countries such as Georgia or Azerbijan. Karabag was recently reunited with Azerbijan by force and the local Armenians expelled. The Armenians had expelled Azeris 20 years ago. There is also Abkahsia and south Oseettia in the Georgian Republic.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Royal Navy on 20:27 - Jun 25 with 585 views73__73

Royal Navy on 23:29 - Jun 24 by KeithHaynes

How do you know ?

Lol is that a serious question.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Royal Navy on 20:30 - Jun 25 with 585 views73__73

Royal Navy on 07:41 - Jun 25 by Catullus

What do you mean not really? They did stand firm, they held their course and ultimately the Russians did nothing but blurt and bluster. HMS Defender continued on it's way.

Or are you saying something else happened?

I’m saying it’s probably bullshite propaganda from both sides.
The British navy wouldn’t stand a chance against the Russians , and if you think they would then you are seriously deluded.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Royal Navy on 20:43 - Jun 25 with 574 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Royal Navy on 20:30 - Jun 25 by 73__73

The British navy wouldn’t stand a chance against the Russians , and if you think they would then you are seriously deluded.

Of course they wouldn’t stand a chance but if the Russians fired on a British warship they wouldn’t just be attacking Britain, they’d be attacking NATO.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Royal Navy on 20:55 - Jun 25 with 561 viewsCatullus

Royal Navy on 13:52 - Jun 25 by trampie

Do they really? Or is it just people like you? After all I don't really see the West having missiles in North Korea, Russia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Laos or Vietnam. China has an ongoing argument with India. Other ountries around China are hardly military threats, Myanmar, Tajikistan, Nepal and Bhutan. So India aside, where has the West been piling these missiles?

Royal Navy on 20:57 - Jun 25 with 559 viewsCatullus

Royal Navy on 13:49 - Jun 25 by controversial_jack

Perfectly understandable and we should keep out of it. We are minnows militarily

We are a nuclear power and members of NATO, outside of NATo we'd be minnows but there is strength in NATO's numbers.

Royal Navy on 21:01 - Jun 25 with 557 viewsCatullus

Royal Navy on 20:30 - Jun 25 by 73__73

AS I pointed out, our ship was probably there on behalf of NATO, Russia will still not take on NATO.

As an individual country, yes we'd get mullered but we are not alone.

Royal Navy on 21:08 - Jun 25 with 553 viewsCatullus

Royal Navy on 18:09 - Jun 25 by ReslovenSwan1

A few questions that need clearing up.

a) Was the ship in international waters or notionally Ukrainian waters (Crimea)

b) Crimea is formally in Ukraine by UN definition but without doubt the people want to be in Russia. A vote was held and the people voted to be join Russia. The vote was not accepted internationally. It seems to me a formality that they will eventually join Russia once all the necessary protocols are completed .

c) Why was not the views of the people of Crimea not accepted by the international community?

d) There are curently many such instances in the former USSR where isolated Russian communities want to be part of Russia. It is the obligation of host countries to keep these people happy by treating them as equal. One thinks of the Baltic states and kazakstan for example.

e) There are also incidences where non Russian peoples prefer to be part of Russia than minorities in a liberated countries such as Georgia or Azerbijan. Karabag was recently reunited with Azerbijan by force and the local Armenians expelled. The Armenians had expelled Azeris 20 years ago. There is also Abkahsia and south Oseettia in the Georgian Republic.

Have you watched the news?

HMS Defender was in an internationally recognised shipping lane.

The international community didn't recognise the vote held by Russia and maybe only a very naive person would trust a vote held by an invading power. Having seen what Russia has done to Navalny, why do you trust the vote?

The views of the people, see above.

It is the obligation of a country to treat all it's citiens equally but do you think the majority in the Baltic region want to go back to being Russian?

Internal politics of any country can be very complicated and rarely simple, we have our own case of that with NI, Scotland and Wales in the UK, look at the dissenting voices and the claims being made here, many of which are false, misrepresented or downright lies.

Royal Navy on 21:46 - Jun 25 with 539 viewscontroversial_jack

Royal Navy on 20:57 - Jun 25 by Catullus

We are a nuclear power and members of NATO, outside of NATo we'd be minnows but there is strength in NATO's numbers.

Do you believe NATO would come to our aid and risk a confrontation with Russia.That's how both world wars started, countries signing pacts to aid other countries, it escalates
Royal Navy on 22:15 - Jun 25 with 530 viewsKilkennyjack

NATO will not start a world war to assist our idiot deluded PM Johnson.

And praise be for that …. 🙏🏿…

I would not be saying this if Trump was still in office.

Beware of the Risen People

Royal Navy on 22:33 - Jun 25 with 512 viewsraynor94

Royal Navy on 21:46 - Jun 25 by controversial_jack

Do you believe NATO would come to our aid and risk a confrontation with Russia.That's how both world wars started, countries signing pacts to aid other countries, it escalates

Yes without a shadow of doubt.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Royal Navy on 22:52 - Jun 25 with 506 viewscontroversial_jack

Royal Navy on 22:33 - Jun 25 by raynor94

Yes without a shadow of doubt.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024