Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jury Service 15:51 - Sep 1 with 1665 viewsHAYESBOY

Just a question on jury service and whether your employee has direct contact with the court.
I have been on jury service last week and this week. Today I was discharged fully as not required to be available anymore.
I am thinking of not going into work for the rest of the week.
Apart from the timesheet you fill in and hand in at the end, is there anyway your employer can find out if you have been discharged early? Work have not asked for a copy.
Not being paid anything by work and they have already taken the 10 days out of my pay.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Jury Service on 15:53 - Sep 1 with 1655 viewsPinnerPaul

As they are not paying you - you can do anything you like (within reason!) surely?
Jury Service on 16:02 - Sep 1 with 1617 viewsdenhamhoop2

Technically you are meant to report to work as normal. I reported for work on the Friday afternoon of my second week but that was more to do with it being the days of a pay packet and wanting money for my weekend travails of the time
Jury Service on 16:03 - Sep 1 with 1608 viewstoboboly

Not when I did jury service - all on you to tell them if you so wish.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Jury Service on 16:07 - Sep 1 with 1591 viewsPinnerPaul

Jury Service on 16:02 - Sep 1 by denhamhoop2

Technically you are meant to report to work as normal. I reported for work on the Friday afternoon of my second week but that was more to do with it being the days of a pay packet and wanting money for my weekend travails of the time

Not if they have already designated it as unpaid leave though?
Jury Service on 17:05 - Sep 1 with 1450 viewsEastR

If you're employer is not paying you while your absent you can claim for loss of earnings to get paid directly by the court.

However, to do that the employer needs to complete the relevant form for you, so they would find out the dates you were there:

https://www.gov.uk/giving-staff-time-off-jury-service/paying-staff-on-jury-servi

If they're not paying you, and you are happy to lose out and not make any reclaim, you could just tell them you're still on standby for the next couple of days

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Jury Service on 19:14 - Sep 1 with 1330 viewsHAYESBOY

Jury Service on 17:05 - Sep 1 by EastR

If you're employer is not paying you while your absent you can claim for loss of earnings to get paid directly by the court.

However, to do that the employer needs to complete the relevant form for you, so they would find out the dates you were there:

https://www.gov.uk/giving-staff-time-off-jury-service/paying-staff-on-jury-servi

If they're not paying you, and you are happy to lose out and not make any reclaim, you could just tell them you're still on standby for the next couple of days

Thanks for the posts.

I have completed all the claim forms and have given in the Cert of Loss of Earnings form completed by the company in.

As you suggest I will just say I am on call still. Really could do with a couple of days off for personal reasons.

Thanks again.

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024