Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Kirk 11:54 - Jan 27 with 769 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Charlie Kirk on 11:54 - Jan 27 with 767 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Charlie Kirk on 11:56 - Jan 27 with 763 viewsspell_chekker

‘He’s an intelligent footballer’ — Charlton Athletic winger Charlie Kirk seals Blackpool loan move

Charlton Athletic winger Charlie Kirk has joined Blackpool on loan for the rest of the season.

There is also an option in the transfer for the Championship side to make it a permanent move.

The 24-year-old was signed by the Addicks in the summer after they triggered a £500,000 release fee in his Crewe contract.

Charlton manager Johnnie Jackson recently told the South London Press he was receptive to allowing Kirk out to get first-team football after struggling to cement a place in his side.

Kirk could make his Blackpool debut at Fulham on Saturday.

Seasiders manager Neil Critchley told BBC Radio Lancashire: “He’s someone I’ve known for a long time from our time at Crewe.

“I’ve spent many a year with Charlie as a young boy and I’ve kept an eye on his development and his career pathway.

“He broke into Crewe’s first-team at a young age and he’s got a lot of experience for a young player.

“He had a great season last season at Crewe in League One and I know what he will bring to us, so I’m delighted he’s joined us.

“I’m looking forward to working with him for the rest of the season.”

“He’s got undoubted quality. If you look at his assists record and goals, he definitely brings something in the final third to the team.

“He makes good decisions around the box, he’s calm, he can link with players around him and he’s got the final pass, which is a priceless commodity.

“He’s a good athlete as well, he can run and he’s got a good history of playing games, so he will add to the way we want to play.

“He’s an intelligent footballer, so he will fit into our system well.”

Kirk told Blackpool’s official website: “I’m happy to be here and get the deal over the line. I’ve played in League One and League Two all my career so to make that next step up to the Championship is something I can’t wait for.

“I grew up working with the gaffer and I know what he’s like, and he obviously knows what I’m like. I’m really looking forward to getting started and helping the team.”

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/hes-an-intelligent-footballer-charlton-athletic-w
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 12:00]

Charlie Kirk on 11:59 - Jan 27 with 762 viewsspell_chekker

Charlie Kirk on 12:01 - Jan 27 with 757 viewsspell_chekker

Charlie Kirk on 11:59 - Jan 27 by spell_chekker

Seasiders Confirm Signing of Charlie Kirk

Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Charlie Kirk on loan from Charlton Athletic, with a view to a permanent transfer.

The winger, 24, initially links up with the Seasiders until the end of the season, having made 14 appearances for the Addicks in the first half of the campaign.

Previously on the books of Crewe Alexandra, Kirk is a product of their academy and featured 203 times for the Railwayman, scoring 32 goals.

A creative outlet, he provided 41 assists for team-mates during his time at the Mornflake Stadium, was named in the PFA League Two Team of the Year and helped his side achieve a promotion to Sky Bet League One.

On signing for Blackpool, Charlie Kirk said:

“I’m happy to be here and get the deal over the line. I’ve played in League One and League Two all my career so to make that next step up to the Championship is something I can’t wait for.

“I grew up working with the gaffer and I know what he’s like, and he obviously knows what I’m like. I’m really looking forward to getting started and helping the team.”

Neil Critchley added:

“Charlie is a player I’ve known for some time, and I’ve kept a close eye on his development and career. He broke into Crewe’s first-team at a young age and has gained a lot of experience. He was fantastic in League One last season and we’re looking forward to him coming here and showcasing his ability.

“He can play off either foot, is calm and composed on the ball and capable of making a real difference in the final third. He’s a good character who will fit in well with the rest of the group. I’m delighted to be working with him again.”

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/post/seasiders-confirm-signing-of-charlie-kir

Charlie Kirk on 12:08 - Jan 27 with 753 viewsspell_chekker

Charlie Kirk on 12:01 - Jan 27 by spell_chekker

Seasiders Confirm Signing of Charlie Kirk

Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Charlie Kirk on loan from Charlton Athletic, with a view to a permanent transfer.

The winger, 24, initially links up with the Seasiders until the end of the season, having made 14 appearances for the Addicks in the first half of the campaign.

Previously on the books of Crewe Alexandra, Kirk is a product of their academy and featured 203 times for the Railwayman, scoring 32 goals.

A creative outlet, he provided 41 assists for team-mates during his time at the Mornflake Stadium, was named in the PFA League Two Team of the Year and helped his side achieve a promotion to Sky Bet League One.

On signing for Blackpool, Charlie Kirk said:

“I’m happy to be here and get the deal over the line. I’ve played in League One and League Two all my career so to make that next step up to the Championship is something I can’t wait for.

Neil Critchley added:

“Charlie is a player I’ve known for some time, and I’ve kept a close eye on his development and career. He broke into Crewe’s first-team at a young age and has gained a lot of experience. He was fantastic in League One last season and we’re looking forward to him coming here and showcasing his ability.

“He can play off either foot, is calm and composed on the ball and capable of making a real difference in the final third. He’s a good character who will fit in well with the rest of the group. I’m delighted to be working with him again.”

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/post/seasiders-confirm-signing-of-charlie-kir

Full name: Charlie David Kirk[1]
Date of birth: 24 December 1997 (age 24)
Place of birth: Winsford, England
Height: 1.854 m (6 ft 1 in)[2]
Position: Winger

Kirk playing for Crewe Alexandra, April 2018

Apps (Gls)
2016—2021: Crewe Alexandra 181 (29)
2021: Charlton Athletic 8 (0)
2022—: Blackpool (loan) 0 (0)

Playing career

Crewe Alexandra

Kirk came through the Crewe Alexandra Academy, earning a call-up to the senior team whilst still a second year scholar. He made his debut in the Football League on 16 February 2016, in a 2—2 draw with Rochdale at Spotland, coming on as an 88th-minute substitute for Callum Saunders. He scored his first Crewe goal on 26 December 2017, the second in a 2—0 win at Chesterfield.

In May 2018, after making 69 appearances and scoring five goals, Kirk signed a new three-year-deal with Crewe through to summer 2021. The following season, he scored 11 goals in 45 first-team appearances.

After helping Crewe win promotion to League One in 2020, scoring nine goals and providing more assists than any other League Two player, Kirk signed a new two-year deal with the club through to June 2022. In September 2020, Kirk (along with Crewe team-mate Perry Ng) was named in the PFA League Two Team of the Year for the 2019—20 season.
Charlton Athletic

On 12 August 2021, Kirk was announced to have joined fellow League One side Charlton Athletic for an undisclosed fee on a four-year deal; Charlton had triggered a £500,000 release clause in his Crewe contract; Kirk later said: "I didn't just want to leave and for them [Crewe] not to get anything for me." He made his Charlton debut in the club's 2—1 defeat at Milton Keynes Dons on 17 August and two games later played in the club's first win of the season, 2—0 against former club Crewe Alexandra, on 28 August 2021.

Blackpool (loan)

On 27 January 2022, Kirk joined Blackpool on loan for the rest of the 2021—22 season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Kirk_(footballer)

Charlie Kirk on 12:10 - Jan 27 with 752 viewsspell_chekker

BREAKING: Blackpool sign Charlton winger Charlie Kirk on loan with option to buy

The former Crewe player has long been admired by Neil Critchley

Blackpool have signed Charlton winger Charlie Kirk on loan until the end of the season with an option to buy.

The former Crewe man has been out of favour at the London club following the appointment of Johnnie Jackson and has now made the switch to Bloomfield Road.

As we reported yesterday, a loan with an option to buy had been agreed by the Seasiders for the 24-year-old who has made just five starts for the Addicks since his summer switch from Crewe.

Kirk will be known to Neil Critchley through his Crewe connection and because the two faced off in League One last campaign, with his former teammate Owen Dale also joining up this window.

24 goals and 30 assists over his final three seasons for the Alex highlights the quality of end product he has shown on a consistent basis and his arrival has come following the departure of Demetri Mitchell to Scottish Premiership side Hibernian.

Blackpool head coach Critchley said of his new arrival: "He brings that ability to play final passes in the final third which sometimes we've missed, he can do it off either foot.

"His decision making in the final third is very good so if we can get him in the right areas of the pitch then I know he'll produce for us and he's a good athlete as well, a good runner, he can get up and down the pitch.

"So he might just provide something different that we've not got."

Kirk gave his initial reaction on his move to the Fylde Coast: "I’m happy to be here and get the deal over the line. I’ve played in League One and League Two all my career so to make that next step up to the Championship is something I can’t wait for.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/charlie-kirk-blackpool-charl

Charlie Kirk on 12:12 - Jan 27 with 751 viewsspell_chekker

Charlie Kirk Characteristics

+ Strengths +
Passing: Very Strong
Through balls: Very Strong
Key passes: Strong
Crossing: Strong
Holding on to the ball: Strong

- Weaknesses
Defensive contribution: Weak

Charlie Kirk's Style of Play
Does not dive into tackles

Charlie Kirk on 12:21 - Jan 27 with 742 viewsspell_chekker

Charlton fans' reaction:

https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/92187/charlie-kirk-on-loan-

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Kirk on 12:47 - Jan 27 with 736 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Charlie Kirk on 12:21 - Jan 27 by spell_chekker

Charlton fans' reaction:

https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/92187/charlie-kirk-on-loan-

Welcome

6 ft 1 in left winger. Still need a CM

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Charlie Kirk on 13:03 - Jan 27 with 731 viewsspell_chekker

Charlie Kirk on 11:56 - Jan 27 by spell_chekker

‘He’s an intelligent footballer’ — Charlton Athletic winger Charlie Kirk seals Blackpool loan move

Charlton Athletic winger Charlie Kirk has joined Blackpool on loan for the rest of the season.

There is also an option in the transfer for the Championship side to make it a permanent move.

The 24-year-old was signed by the Addicks in the summer after they triggered a £500,000 release fee in his Crewe contract.

Charlton manager Johnnie Jackson recently told the South London Press he was receptive to allowing Kirk out to get first-team football after struggling to cement a place in his side.

Kirk could make his Blackpool debut at Fulham on Saturday.

Seasiders manager Neil Critchley told BBC Radio Lancashire: “He’s someone I’ve known for a long time from our time at Crewe.

“I’ve spent many a year with Charlie as a young boy and I’ve kept an eye on his development and his career pathway.

“He broke into Crewe’s first-team at a young age and he’s got a lot of experience for a young player.

“He had a great season last season at Crewe in League One and I know what he will bring to us, so I’m delighted he’s joined us.

“I’m looking forward to working with him for the rest of the season.”

“He’s got undoubted quality. If you look at his assists record and goals, he definitely brings something in the final third to the team.

“He makes good decisions around the box, he’s calm, he can link with players around him and he’s got the final pass, which is a priceless commodity.

“He’s a good athlete as well, he can run and he’s got a good history of playing games, so he will add to the way we want to play.

“He’s an intelligent footballer, so he will fit into our system well.”

Kirk told Blackpool’s official website: “I’m happy to be here and get the deal over the line. I’ve played in League One and League Two all my career so to make that next step up to the Championship is something I can’t wait for.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/hes-an-intelligent-footballer-charlton-athletic-w
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 12:00]

I'm trying to think of something witty to say about dilithium crystals.

Charlie Kirk on 13:04 - Jan 27 with 729 viewsspell_chekker

Charlie Kirk on 13:03 - Jan 27 by spell_chekker

I'm trying to think of something witty to say about dilithium crystals.

And yes, of course.

Welcome to BFC Charlie.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 13:04]

Charlie Kirk on 13:36 - Jan 27 with 720 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Charlie Kirk on 13:04 - Jan 27 by spell_chekker

And yes, of course.

Welcome to BFC Charlie.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 13:04]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Charlie Kirk on 22:17 - Jan 27 with 701 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Charlie Kirk on 13:36 - Jan 27 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Charlie Kirk on 10:04 - Feb 22 with 657 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Charlie Kirk on 22:17 - Jan 27 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Charlie Kirk on 23:29 - Mar 14 with 618 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Charlie Kirk on 10:04 - Feb 22 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Charlie Kirk on 13:45 - Mar 15 with 597 viewsspell_chekker

Charlie Kirk on 23:29 - Mar 14 by BringBackTheRedRoom

It's going to be even more difficult for Kirk and Dale to get game time when Anderson returns from injury.

It's good competition for places at the moment. Anyone who gets a chance knows they have to do everything to take it and establish themselves in the team.

Charlie Kirk on 14:25 - May 1 with 549 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Charlie Kirk on 13:45 - Mar 15 by spell_chekker

It's going to be even more difficult for Kirk and Dale to get game time when Anderson returns from injury.

It's good competition for places at the moment. Anyone who gets a chance knows they have to do everything to take it and establish themselves in the team.

Charlie Kirk on 13:38 - May 2 with 524 viewsspell_chekker

Charlie Kirk on 14:25 - May 1 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Should we take up the option of signing Kirk permanently?

IMO it's a gamble. On one hand he needs to add some agression and intensity to his game - he's well built but doesn't use his physical attributes. On the other hand it's possible that he can be developed into a very good player indeed.

It's all ifs and buts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024