Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season 13:52 - Feb 23 with 3409 viewsloftboy

Shocking decision after the mess ITV caused with their digital experiment.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 14:01 - Feb 23 with 3354 viewsrobith

ITV Digital wasn't actually owned by ITV - it was created by two of the companies that run a couple of ITV regions and Sky and they later used the ITV name which several other regions claimed that did not have the right to use.

In terms of commercial impacts for 18-34 year old men, ITV4 is a great home for it imo
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 14:45 - Feb 23 with 3238 viewsPinnerPaul

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 14:01 - Feb 23 by robith

ITV Digital wasn't actually owned by ITV - it was created by two of the companies that run a couple of ITV regions and Sky and they later used the ITV name which several other regions claimed that did not have the right to use.

In terms of commercial impacts for 18-34 year old men, ITV4 is a great home for it imo

Oops ignore that, misread it as Channel 4!

Point about the production company still holds though - they may keep it in house - I'll try and find out.

[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 14:47]
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 15:21 - Feb 23 with 3130 viewsNorthernr

I actually quite like the Quest show. it's on at a decent time and they give it enough time. It';s better on a niche channel like that than trying to crowbar it into a mainstream schedule. Hope they keep Colin Murray as well but fear they won't. genuinely seems to care and do his bloody research.

This post has been edited by an administrator
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 15:24 - Feb 23 with 3100 viewsPinnerPaul

Its not being made in house, better not name the company that is making it, in case not announced yet.

As I'm sure Clive knows, the broadcaster DOES normally get to choose the main talent, so that WILL be ITV's decision.
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 16:28 - Feb 23 with 2950 viewseasthertsr

Won't trouble us we'll be on Match of the Day! 🤣🤣
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 16:40 - Feb 23 with 2903 viewsdenhamhoop2

Hope they make a better fist of it than The Championship the last time they had these rights. Matt Smith was a decent enough presenter but any show that has Andy Townsend and Robbie Earle as it's studio "talent" will never work for me. Just have this awful nightmare scenario of Seema Jaswal as Presenter with Andy Townsend and Ashley Cole with Robbie Savage and Eni Aluko filling in from time to time
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 17:18 - Feb 23 with 2778 viewsPinnerPaul

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 15:21 - Feb 23 by Northernr

I actually quite like the Quest show. it's on at a decent time and they give it enough time. It';s better on a niche channel like that than trying to crowbar it into a mainstream schedule. Hope they keep Colin Murray as well but fear they won't. genuinely seems to care and do his bloody research.

Sure it will get a decent slot.

Lots of snooker, dart, racing on there so should get more viewers.

Repeats on main channel as well as Sunday morning.

You would hope higher viewing figures and the above might drive up the price of sponsorship for the clubs and league.

Obviously lots of other factors, including wars, pandemics!, in that market though.
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 17:52 - Feb 23 with 2721 viewsLazyFan

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 16:40 - Feb 23 by denhamhoop2

Hope they make a better fist of it than The Championship the last time they had these rights. Matt Smith was a decent enough presenter but any show that has Andy Townsend and Robbie Earle as it's studio "talent" will never work for me. Just have this awful nightmare scenario of Seema Jaswal as Presenter with Andy Townsend and Ashley Cole with Robbie Savage and Eni Aluko filling in from time to time

Yeah Townsend is Dull Dreck

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 18:17 - Feb 23 with 2669 viewsthemodfather

damn, idiots like roy keane and lee dixon talking about clubs they know little about ( yes dixon was at stoke and keane managed sunderland ).
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 18:36 - Feb 23 with 2624 viewsWegerles_Stairs

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 16:40 - Feb 23 by denhamhoop2

Seema is at least easy on the eye.
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 18:44 - Feb 23 with 2611 viewsswitchingcode

I watch quest most weeks including the midweek program when it’s on must be so much cheaper to broadcast than all the others and in Colin Murray they have the right bloke to front it.Don’t mind Dean Ashton or Oli when they are on as pundits.
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 19:08 - Feb 23 with 2576 viewsPaddyhoops

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 15:21 - Feb 23 by Northernr

He's a bit marmite is Colin Murray!
Don't mind him myself especially he's unbridled enthusiasm for what a times can be a pretty hard sell.
I'd have him as host but some of his co hosts can be a dull as dishwater.
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 09:41 - Feb 24 with 2322 viewsdaveB

the more football/sport on freeview tv the better imo. Can't constantly moan about Sky then get the hump when they don't show all the football. Quest is one of their channels
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 09:43 - Feb 24 with 2300 viewstoboboly

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 18:36 - Feb 23 by Wegerles_Stairs

Seema is at least easy on the eye.

but not on the ear

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 10:44 - Feb 24 with 2220 viewsOldPedro

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 09:41 - Feb 24 by daveB

the more football/sport on freeview tv the better imo. Can't constantly moan about Sky then get the hump when they don't show all the football. Quest is one of their channels

Think Quest TV is owned by the Discovery channel and Quest is already on Freeview although probably doesn't get the viewing figures that ITV4 gets

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 10:54 - Feb 24 with 2203 viewsenfieldargh

Think Jackie Oatley is one of the best female presenters out there. George Elick & Ali Maxwell are great EFL ambassadors so hope these a Murray are kept on and not clueless ex-pros looking for a pay day

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 11:25 - Feb 24 with 2167 viewsloftboy

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 10:54 - Feb 24 by enfieldargh

Think Jackie Oatley is one of the best female presenters out there. George Elick & Ali Maxwell are great EFL ambassadors so hope these a Murray are kept on and not clueless ex-pros looking for a pay day

She was struggling with her autocue last night, a few embarrassing stutters whilst she played with her laptop.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 11:25]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 11:43 - Feb 24 with 2128 viewsToast_R

Hopefully Collin Murray will get offered the job. Have a lot of respect for him. Walked away from his job at Talksport when News UK took over the station.
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 11:44 - Feb 24 with 2124 viewsslmrstid

ITV4 are pretty good for sport. I'm a fan of the British Touring Car Championship and they show all the races (including support races) live for each of the 10 meetings during the season - a full on 7-8 hours worth of broadcasting in a day. Far better treatment than the BBC ever gave the BTCC, even in its 90s heyday when huge money was sloshing around in it.

Interestingly, the head of the BTCC is adamant the TV rights will never move to a paid subscription channel because he believes as a niche sport it would decimate their viewing figures if it wasn't available on free to air TV, and that they would lose more money from lost viewers/fans compared to the money gained by being on paid TV. Given the way other sports that are only available on paid TV struggle for airtime/viewership I daresay he's got a very good point.
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 11:54 - Feb 24 with 2105 viewsrobith

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 11:44 - Feb 24 by slmrstid

ITV4 are pretty good for sport. I'm a fan of the British Touring Car Championship and they show all the races (including support races) live for each of the 10 meetings during the season - a full on 7-8 hours worth of broadcasting in a day. Far better treatment than the BBC ever gave the BTCC, even in its 90s heyday when huge money was sloshing around in it.

Interestingly, the head of the BTCC is adamant the TV rights will never move to a paid subscription channel because he believes as a niche sport it would decimate their viewing figures if it wasn't available on free to air TV, and that they would lose more money from lost viewers/fans compared to the money gained by being on paid TV. Given the way other sports that are only available on paid TV struggle for airtime/viewership I daresay he's got a very good point.

If you look at cricket participation numbers, you can pin point the moment it moved to sky.

Sure the sky deal provided a lot of money for the top level of the game. But as a sport, it's increasingly built on a hollow foundation
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 12:24 - Feb 24 with 2079 viewsslmrstid

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 11:54 - Feb 24 by robith

If you look at cricket participation numbers, you can pin point the moment it moved to sky.

Sure the sky deal provided a lot of money for the top level of the game. But as a sport, it's increasingly built on a hollow foundation

I had cricket in mind when I typed that comment, but I don't really know cricket well enough to know if that is truly the case or not.

In my home town when I was a kid the local leisure centre had a huge sports field that had 2 football pitches on it in the winter, and would be a cricket pitch in the summer. I remember many childhood evenings playing up the field whilst cricket matches were going on - they were really regular.

I went passed it a few months ago on a run when staying with family. One of the football pitches has been turned into a huge fenced floodlit 4G pitch - which for football looks an absolutely amazing facility. But what its done is completely remove the cricket pitch, and in fact the old wicket is now a big grass bank separating the 4G pitch from the grass football pitch.

Clearly been many, many, many a year since a cricket game took place on it as I understand from talking to family there was zero protest about the cricket pitch going when the 4G pitch was built.
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 22:44 - Feb 25 with 1893 viewsdaveB

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 10:44 - Feb 24 by OldPedro

Think Quest TV is owned by the Discovery channel and Quest is already on Freeview although probably doesn't get the viewing figures that ITV4 gets

They sell the ads around shows on Quest and all discovery channels so profit from it
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 06:16 - Feb 26 with 1762 viewsbollockchops

EFL show is great only problem i have is when you want to re watch it and try to fast forward it buggers up so you end up watching the goals on Youtube and then three hours later your watching a video of a kitten stuck up a tree
EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 21:32 - Feb 26 with 1573 viewspaulhoop2

I liked Matt Smith was knowledgeable but Murray is more exciting to watch! Hopefully Gabriel Clarke don’t return that man is dull ! Always thought they could let whoever has the rights show a live game now and then like the bbc did before it went to Five

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 23:21 - Feb 26 with 1478 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

EFL show moving to ITV 4 next season on 06:16 - Feb 26 by bollockchops

EFL show is great only problem i have is when you want to re watch it and try to fast forward it buggers up so you end up watching the goals on Youtube and then three hours later your watching a video of a kitten stuck up a tree

You probably need to get out a bit more mate ;)

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024