Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Appleton 11:49 - Jun 17 with 4373 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Michael Appleton on 11:50 - Jun 17 with 2969 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Michael Appleton on 11:52 - Jun 17 with 2961 viewsspell_chekker

Michael Appleton on 11:50 - Jun 17 by spell_chekker

Michael Appleton Appointed Head Coach

Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Michael Appleton as Head Coach on a contract until June 2026.

The 46-year-old returns to Bloomfield Road on the back of a three-year stint in charge at Lincoln City, where he played a key role, both on-and-off the pitch, in building and developing a young and talented squad.

Coming within 90 minutes of guiding Lincoln back to the second tier of English football for the first time in 60 years in 2021, Appleton managed just shy of 150 games with the Imps.

Prior to that, he held prominent coaching roles in the Premier League at Leicester City and West Bromwich Albion and achieved managerial success by leading Oxford United to a Sky Bet League One promotion, as well as consecutive EFL Trophy finals.

Owner Simon Sadler said:

“I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Michael back to Blackpool. I am very much looking forward to seeing what he can achieve during his second stint with us. Whilst success cannot be guaranteed, Ben, Brett, John and I are convinced that, after a thorough recruitment process, he’s the right man for us at this point in our journey.

“All of the prospective head coaches were strong candidates and we spent several hours with each to get to know them better. After debating their individual pros and cons, we were unanimous in our decision to choose Michael Appleton.”

Michael Appleton added:

“I am absolutely delighted to be here. To be able to come back to the Club, with where the Club is at during this moment in time, after two really successful seasons, I can’t wait to get started.

“When I spoke to Simon, to Ben, John and Brett, you could clearly feel the energy in the room, and I think they felt that from me as well. This Club now feels like the right Club at the right time.

“The fans will certainly have seen glimpses of what I tried to do in my days at Lincoln. I want to play aggressive, forward-thinking football and we have certain things that we want from the players when we’re playing, dependent on opposition clearly. We just want to be exciting and get people off their seats.”

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/17/michael-appleton-appointed-head-

Michael Appleton on 11:58 - Jun 17 with 2956 viewsspell_chekker

Michael Appleton on 11:52 - Jun 17 by spell_chekker

Michael Appleton Appointed Head Coach

Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Michael Appleton as Head Coach on a contract until June 2026.

The 46-year-old returns to Bloomfield Road on the back of a three-year stint in charge at Lincoln City, where he played a key role, both on-and-off the pitch, in building and developing a young and talented squad.

Coming within 90 minutes of guiding Lincoln back to the second tier of English football for the first time in 60 years in 2021, Appleton managed just shy of 150 games with the Imps.

Prior to that, he held prominent coaching roles in the Premier League at Leicester City and West Bromwich Albion and achieved managerial success by leading Oxford United to a Sky Bet League One promotion, as well as consecutive EFL Trophy finals.

Owner Simon Sadler said:

“I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Michael back to Blackpool. I am very much looking forward to seeing what he can achieve during his second stint with us. Whilst success cannot be guaranteed, Ben, Brett, John and I are convinced that, after a thorough recruitment process, he’s the right man for us at this point in our journey.

“All of the prospective head coaches were strong candidates and we spent several hours with each to get to know them better. After debating their individual pros and cons, we were unanimous in our decision to choose Michael Appleton.”

Michael Appleton added:

“I am absolutely delighted to be here. To be able to come back to the Club, with where the Club is at during this moment in time, after two really successful seasons, I can’t wait to get started.

“When I spoke to Simon, to Ben, John and Brett, you could clearly feel the energy in the room, and I think they felt that from me as well. This Club now feels like the right Club at the right time.

“The fans will certainly have seen glimpses of what I tried to do in my days at Lincoln. I want to play aggressive, forward-thinking football and we have certain things that we want from the players when we’re playing, dependent on opposition clearly. We just want to be exciting and get people off their seats.”

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/17/michael-appleton-appointed-head-

Full name: Michael Antony Appleton
Date of birth: 4 December 1975 (age 46)
Place of birth: Salford, England
Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)

Management Career
2011: West Bromwich Albion (caretaker)
2011—2012 Portsmouth
2012—2013 Blackpool
2013 Blackburn Rovers
2014—2017 Oxford United
2017 Leicester City (caretaker)
2019—2022 Lincoln City
2022— ? Blackpool

Management Career Stats:
Played 397 / Won 154 / Drawn 104 / Lost 139 / Win Ratio 38.8%

Michael Appleton on 12:37 - Jun 17 with 2947 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 11:58 - Jun 17 by spell_chekker

Full name: Michael Antony Appleton
Date of birth: 4 December 1975 (age 46)
Place of birth: Salford, England
Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)

Management Career
2011: West Bromwich Albion (caretaker)
2011—2012 Portsmouth
2012—2013 Blackpool
2013 Blackburn Rovers
2014—2017 Oxford United
2017 Leicester City (caretaker)
2019—2022 Lincoln City
2022— ? Blackpool

Management Career Stats:
Played 397 / Won 154 / Drawn 104 / Lost 139 / Win Ratio 38.8%

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Michael Appleton on 12:47 - Jun 17 with 2943 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 12:37 - Jun 17 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Welcome , and good luck.

However, as a head coach, he's struggled above league one level

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Michael Appleton on 13:00 - Jun 17 with 2939 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 12:47 - Jun 17 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Welcome , and good luck.

However, as a head coach, he's struggled above league one level

Michael Appleton on 14:37 - Jun 17 with 2916 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 13:00 - Jun 17 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 14:37 - Jun 17 with 2915 viewsspell_chekker

Michael Appleton on 13:00 - Jun 17 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Maybe, just maybe, he's at exactly the right stage in his career to take on the challenge we represent.

Doing the hard yards and getting plenty of managerial experience while still being young.

Big worries are his strong PNE connections, his rather dour demeamour and the question mark over him being worn down / marked, even at the age of 46, by past managerial experiences.

IMO, unless there's a successful charm offensive, fans will be on his back after our first pre-season loss.

At the end of the day, he only has to get one simple thing right and it'll all be roses in the garden - get Jerry Yates firing on all cylinders. That could be the long and short of it.

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Appleton on 14:51 - Jun 17 with 2910 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 14:37 - Jun 17 by spell_chekker

Maybe, just maybe, he's at exactly the right stage in his career to take on the challenge we represent.

Doing the hard yards and getting plenty of managerial experience while still being young.

Big worries are his strong PNE connections, his rather dour demeamour and the question mark over him being worn down / marked, even at the age of 46, by past managerial experiences.

IMO, unless there's a successful charm offensive, fans will be on his back after our first pre-season loss.

At the end of the day, he only has to get one simple thing right and it'll all be roses in the garden - get Jerry Yates firing on all cylinders. That could be the long and short of it.

From 9 years ago

Michael Appleton on 15:30 - Jun 17 with 2906 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 14:51 - Jun 17 by BringBackTheRedRoom

From 9 years ago

Michael Appleton on 15:41 - Jun 17 with 2904 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 15:30 - Jun 17 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 18:25 - Jun 17 with 2888 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 15:41 - Jun 17 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 10:15 - Jun 18 with 2841 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 18:25 - Jun 17 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 05:47 - Jun 19 with 2802 viewsspell_chekker

Michael Appleton on 10:15 - Jun 18 by BringBackTheRedRoom

I'm getting used to the idea of Appleton now.

Onwards and upwards.

Michael Appleton on 18:54 - Jun 19 with 2771 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 05:47 - Jun 19 by spell_chekker

I'm getting used to the idea of Appleton now.

Onwards and upwards.

Needs a good start, or else this will be a shorter stay than last time.

Michael Appleton on 17:07 - Jun 20 with 2742 viewsImperial

Michael Appleton on 18:54 - Jun 19 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Needs a good start, or else this will be a shorter stay than last time.

I am not sure about this appointment. To pick a managerial winner is a very difficult thing to do. There can be many false dawns before the right one comes along.
Michael Appleton on 19:47 - Jun 20 with 2737 viewsspell_chekker

Michael Appleton on 17:07 - Jun 20 by Imperial

I am not sure about this appointment. To pick a managerial winner is a very difficult thing to do. There can be many false dawns before the right one comes along.

I'm more positive about it now after reading Saadler's statement and hearing Appleton speak.

Serious question. Why did Appleton and Lincoln part ways?

OK, he was at the end of his contract and they mutually agreed it was the best thing for both sides. I just don't believe it was a case of Appleton taking them as far as he could or things going stale.

What was it?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 19:49]

Michael Appleton on 20:26 - Jun 20 with 2727 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 19:47 - Jun 20 by spell_chekker

I'm more positive about it now after reading Saadler's statement and hearing Appleton speak.

Serious question. Why did Appleton and Lincoln part ways?

OK, he was at the end of his contract and they mutually agreed it was the best thing for both sides. I just don't believe it was a case of Appleton taking them as far as he could or things going stale.

What was it?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 19:49]

17th in L1 after a play off final, surprised he wasn't sacked

Michael Appleton on 11:19 - Jun 21 with 2689 viewsjanegallagher

Michael Appleton on 20:26 - Jun 20 by BringBackTheRedRoom

17th in L1 after a play off final, surprised he wasn't sacked

Just a rather odd appointment

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Michael Appleton on 12:23 - Jun 21 with 2681 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 11:19 - Jun 21 by janegallagher

Just a rather odd appointment

Michael Appleton on 14:59 - Jun 21 with 2674 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 12:23 - Jun 21 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 10:08 - Jun 25 with 2620 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 14:59 - Jun 21 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 09:31 - Jun 28 with 2570 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 10:08 - Jun 25 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 06:47 - Jun 29 with 2550 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 09:31 - Jun 28 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 12:30 - Jul 9 with 2402 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Michael Appleton on 06:47 - Jun 29 by BringBackTheRedRoom

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024