Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rams Squad 2014-15: the fun starts here! 12:06 - Jun 25 with 5168 viewsdavram

With July approaching and the Rams' second bid for George Thorne of WBA having been rejected, the "players in/out speculation" is gathering pace.

The other side of Derby's squad-building challenge is here:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-reject-Burnley-bid-midfield-star/st

Maybe considering Bryson's situation at the time he signed for Derby, the alleged contract clause is not unreasonable.

He was a promising young midfielder (albeit without a track record of scoring goals), joining an ordinary Championship club.

His agent did his job as the clause (if it exists) was put in to protect both parties' interests (player & club), but it doesn't direct the value of any actual transfer that might take place.

He's worth what George Thorne is to West Brom, I reckon - and isn't that how teams like Burnley & Southampton have built promotion-winning teams too?

Bryson sacrificed for Thorne? Would we have won the play-off final if he had been picked in the first 11?

Is anyone else awake out there to make any comment during this very quiet football summer?

Rams Squad 2014-15: the fun starts here! on 12:43 - Jun 25 with 5164 viewsjiggyjag

I don't think Thorne for Bryson is something the club should be thinking of Bryson is the best midfielder in the Championship and with Thorne we could have the best partnership in the league next season which hopefully will be key to gaining automatic promotion.

Burnley will probably only be in the prem for one season so at his age is it really a good move other than financially but not in a footballing sense.

I wouldn't be happy if he was sold especially to Burnley and feel it would be a backward step for the club and the player.

Sign Thorne and show the players the club are serious about what happens on the pitch and there aim on playing in the Premiership.

If we let Bryson go then I feel other players may follow suit.
Rams Squad 2014-15: the fun starts here! on 13:52 - Jun 25 with 5160 viewsRabbram10

We need to get Thorne in first of all & I hope the latest rumour that Thorne has put in another Transfer Request will do the trick, he's obviously not interested in WBA?
IMO if we got around the £2M Mark for Bryson, I think the club would find that hard to turn down?
Apparent the £750K quoted is only a trigger to allow clubs to speak to Bryson, but his actual value would be nearer £2M, that's my understanding of it?
The club are also said to be negotiating a new contract offer for Bryson but other reports are suggesting Bryson & Burnley have already agreed Terms, so its all down to the clubs now to agree a fee?
Who Knows?
Rams Squad 2014-15: the fun starts here! on 19:37 - Jun 26 with 5138 viewsdavram

Well, some good news - Jeff's probably sticking around awhile now, anyway:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-midfielder-Jeff-Hendrick-signs-new/

Cheers, Jeff!

Rams Squad 2014-15: the fun starts here! on 12:52 - Jun 30 with 5084 viewsRabbram10

I hope we haven't got another Chief Executive who can't seem to get deals done in the Transfer Market, all we get is bids rejected here there & everywhere?
Get the finger out guys & get a few deals done for a change to keep the fans interest going?????!!!!
Rams Squad 2014-15: the fun starts here! on 09:35 - Jul 2 with 5055 viewsdavram

Rams Squad 2014-15: the fun starts here! on 12:52 - Jun 30 by Rabbram10

I hope we haven't got another Chief Executive who can't seem to get deals done in the Transfer Market, all we get is bids rejected here there & everywhere?
Get the finger out guys & get a few deals done for a change to keep the fans interest going?????!!!!

Hmmm....five players have been signed (admittedly mostly as"squad" additions or youngsters with good potential) and four key players have signed up on longer-term deals.

This includes the young winger Santos who was reported to be signing for Prem League Hull here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28087130

All this seems to indicate that Sam & Co are being more proactive than you're willing to acknowledge, Rabb.

From the limited/muted official reaction to the various scenarios being reported (elsewhere) about Bryson's "stay or go" saga, it's likely that the club is doing all in its power to achieve the best long-term resolution there.

Whether that results in the human dynamo leaving us to assist a big enough offer to secure George Thorne or someone else is for us all to find out in due course.

I don't think telling DCFC to "get their finger out" is very helpful here. How many deals do you want and what are they? Yeh, a right back and a central defender will be on the list, but otherwise Lallana's already gone to Liverpool, after all!
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 13:23]
Rams Squad 2014-15: the fun starts here! on 13:27 - Jul 2 with 5045 viewsRabbram10

Why do we need a CH, Whitbread has signed & O,Brian is now fit & then there's Barker????
We need a RB, a Holding Midfielder (Thorne), a Striker to Challenge Martin & possibly another attacking Midfielder to replace Bryson if he goes, its just an IF at present?
So far we have required NONE of these, so with pre season training already started all I'm saying is this is the time to push on & get a few in before the friendlies start, what's wrong with that Dav?????!!!!!!!
Rams Squad 2014-15: the fun starts here! on 15:25 - Jul 2 with 5038 viewsdavram

Well, some fans are still unsure whether either Whitbread or O'Brien will fit the bill as adequate backup for Bucko & Keogh.

O'Brien has been linked with Sheff Utd and and some fans doubt Keogh's genuine leadership quality because of his overall Wembley performance (not just because his miskick compounded his team-mates' other contributory errors to THAT goal).

I've pointed out the Rams' transfer activity to date (just also seen story of Rams linked to a World Cup striker) and so my opinion differs from yours when you demand that they "get their fingers out" or "push on". I'm maybe a little more patient after all these years!

If we're aiming higher, don't forget that the current transfer window ends on August 31st and a lot can happen before then.

The transfer situation at this time of year is always very fluid and I think we have a better backroom team in place to monitor it and prosper from as yet unknown developments than for a good few years.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 15:26]
Rams Squad 2014-15: the fun starts here! on 20:40 - Jul 2 with 5028 viewsRabbram10

The Transfer Window Ends on Monday 1st September 2014 at 23.00Hrs!
Just thought I would throw that one in to the Ring!
Login to get fewer ads

Rams Squad 2014-15: the fun starts here! on 11:04 - Jul 3 with 5007 viewsdavram

Good point, Rabb! Even more reason for patience, then....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024