Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is going on at Derby? 14:43 - Apr 19 with 3699 viewsowderrammy

As an perplexed observer at Huddersfield yesterday I ask what is going on? When we took the field Derby's defence was up to the task and we took the lead and looked comfortable to win the game, but suddenly Zak Whitbread our outstanding defender was injured and left the field and our defence became instantly third rate and unable to defend. As with Chris Martin we are becoming a team who our management are blaming sub-standard performances on because of the absence of a single player. Listen folks and supporters, if one player makes the difference between a bad performance and a good performance then our squad is not up to the job.
At half time the 4000 supporters booed the team off the pitch, a first time ever for me, and one that was richly deserved. When the team re-appeared they stayed in the North end away from us although they were due to attack in the South end towards us. Yes the forwards to their credit got us out of this unholy mess with a result but why oh why did the team as a unit shun us at the end of the game with only Eric Steele clapping towards us? Shame on You. We gave you Premiership support yesterday which is more than the defence, post Whitbread did.
A final question to throw into the arena, why is Jake Buxton not available?
What is going on at Derby? on 23:26 - Apr 21 with 3657 views1960Ram

I can't comment on the reaction of the players, but any booing was richly deserved after the first half defensive performance.

I think the official word on Jake is that he has a back injury.
What is going on at Derby? on 23:28 - Apr 21 with 3656 views1960Ram

Here is more on Jake:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32032382
What is going on at Derby? on 18:14 - Apr 25 with 3620 viewsowderrammy

Once again the defence and the goalkeeper put us in an unholy mess at Millwall. Are these guys playing to get rid of McLaren because in all my time watching Derby from the 2nd world war on I have never viewed a worse defence. I have bought my ticket for next season but only expect a relegation battle. Even the players they have brought in to bolster up the defence are not Championship quality. What a mess, sort it out Sam and soon.
What is going on at Derby? on 04:15 - May 2 with 3578 views1960Ram

Could the swoon in form be due to all the speculation surrounding McClaren and his future? Of course, I don't know what the players know, or think they know. But I would not be surprised if the two stories are tied.
What is going on at Derby? on 20:38 - May 2 with 3553 viewsowderrammy

Reading came to Derby on the back of 5 consecutive defeats and missing key players yet play us off the park. As a paying spectator who helps to give our club a Premiership quality crowd at every home game I demand answers. It is obvious to me that McLaren has had some sort of contact with Newcastle around Xmas and because his family live in the north east may have become tempted by the interest and maybe lives in the hope that he is their ultimate choice. As we have seen with other clubs this is a dangerous scenario and players with grudges either feign injury or do not play to their true potential. As I said in a previous post, sort it out Sam, we spectators are getting fed up with embarrassing final match horror shows
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024