Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Young talent we should be assessing. 20:56 - Dec 19 with 3795 viewsowderrammy

I have recently watched a 17 year old forward called Kevin O'Hara who plays for Falkirk and was stunned by his mature ability. He has speed and a good shot on him but what impressed me most was his spatial awareness of other team players and his sublime passing ability. If Derby wish to enhance the academy I suggest they weigh this guy up because he looks one for the future.
Young talent we should be assessing. on 04:16 - Dec 21 with 3782 views1960Ram

Its hard to guess at how a club would respond when they are alerted to a particular player by a fan. They probably receive a lot of such reports, but they also have a large network of scouts needing something to do.
Young talent we should be assessing. on 11:23 - Dec 22 with 3768 viewsowderrammy

What concerns me is the amount of cash going into development but no real prospects seem to be on the horizon yet.
Young talent we should be assessing. on 21:26 - Dec 28 with 3723 views1960Ram

Agreed. It doesn't seem to matter how much money is spent on facilities, or how the staff is reorganized, we cannot seem to get any regular production of talent going.
Young talent we should be assessing. on 05:02 - Jan 6 with 3683 views1960Ram

Owderrammy, it looks as though your man O'Hara is now pretty much a regular first teamer, either as a starter or coming off the bench.
Young talent we should be assessing. on 19:34 - Jan 20 with 3626 views1960Ram

It looks as though the club has followed your advice, Owder. But again, it makes you wonder where all of the Academy youngsters are.

From the BBC:

Derby County have completed the signing of teenage striker Luke Thomas from Cheltenham for an undisclosed fee.

Thomas, 16, has signed a two-and-a-half year professional contract at the club.

The Rams fought off competition from Premier League clubs for the youngster, who has been included in several of Cheltenham's matchday squads in the National League this season.

"Buzzing to have signed for Derby, new chapter begins now," tweeted Thomas, who had a trial with Benfica last year.

Championship outfit Derby have also signed 17-year-old Ilkeston Town striker Lewis Walker for an undisclosed fee, son of former England defender, Des.

Lewis' older brother Tyler, 19, has scored two goals for Nottingham Forest and signed professional terms with the Reds in June last year.

The Rams have also secured the signatures of Swindon Town duo Jayden Bogle and Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, who will join the club on a full-time basis next summer as scholars once they have completed their education.
Young talent we should be assessing. on 15:06 - Jan 21 with 3614 viewsowderrammy

And good luck to these 4 young men say I, may they all progress to our first team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024