Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Derby Enigma. Oct 2016. 22:32 - Oct 19 with 5331 viewsowderrammy

As always our beloved team are giving hope and disappointment in equal measure as we bemused supporters watch this average season wend its way towards Christmas. Personally I think we will struggle to get a top 6 place but football has a funny way of turning all predictions on their head. Okay Mac is back and maybe he will sprinkle some magic dust around the IPro and obtain that miracle, but I doubt it. So what is the problem. The way I see it we have some very good players but the mix is wrong for the systems we play and only the manager can sort that out with some astute signings around the turn of the year.
Imagine the most perfect 100 piece jigsaw puzzle that is complete but the manufacturers have 3 types of cut and the box you have bought has a mixture of all 3 jig cuts, yes the full picture is there but the puzzle cannot be completed because the pieces do not fit.
This is the way I see our current team, imperfect, not because we do not have the talent but because the pieces just do not gel so here's to the future and Mac solving the puzzle that is the Derby enigma.
The Derby Enigma. Oct 2016. on 06:05 - Oct 20 with 5323 views1960Ram

Plenty of talent, but do we have the balance? Will SM be allowed to sign players in the next window? The signings of Vydra and Anya had to be financed by the departures of Martin and Hendrick. Will we be seeing Thorne back any time soon?

At least there is now some cause for optimism.
The Derby Enigma. Oct 2016. on 12:51 - Nov 20 with 5193 viewsowderrammy

I had doubts when the BIG MAC was re-employed but now (after an easy win over Rotherham) I am inclined to pat Mel on the back for what is beginning to look like a superb appointment. The big test is Norwich. Win that one and we could be on our way to the top six from what seemed an impossible position. For me 2 big pluses are the form of Pearce and Max Lowe. COYR!
The Derby Enigma. Oct 2016. on 12:54 - Nov 27 with 5154 viewsowderrammy

4 on the bounce and counting.....WOW! Apparently the BIGMAC now has an identicle start to his first spell as boss : won 5 drawn2 lost1. What surprised me most was for the first time this season we physically outlasted the opposition which means all the player are now fully committed to giving 110%. As a person who watched Derby in Brian Cloughs hey day can I give a special mention to Vydra and Wiemann as they skilfully kept wasting time down by the corner flag in the last few minutes.......reminiscent of our old glory boys at their best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024