Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clough? 08:17 - Sep 25 with 3573 viewsRabbram10

Cloughs inability to to blame himself & his coaching staff are starting to wear me down!

Every match now he has to blame somebody for his lack of tactical knowledge at this level. It was Will Hughes turn last night with his naively that let the side down, load of cods wallop Nigel, bringing on Jacobs with 2 minutes of time to go instead of bringing him on after Leicester scored their 2nd on 80 Minutes would have gave the young guy a chance to get into the match?

Tactical Awareness I'm afraid isn't part of Nigel's DNA, Blaming everybody else but himself is?

What I would like to know is what do the coaching staff do all week in training cause whatever it is it ain't working?

Lose to Forest & I think it's time to move on from Clough & his poor back room staff IMO, I honestly believe its the Forest wins in the past that have kept Clough in this job up to now, time for a change?
Clough? on 19:56 - Sep 28 with 3526 viewshemingway

Sorry, Rabb, can't agree. I was just on 606 expressing my shock at the sacking. Madness.

ranting for the greater good

Clough? on 21:28 - Sep 28 with 3507 viewspaulredf58

I'm worried now. I know Clough annoyed a lot of people but he re-built this club from bottom up. He may have been overly cautious, but some of us could see steady improvement season on season in different ways, and there was always a glimmer of hope.
I wouldn't want a long ball merchant like Pulis, and I would want the club to keep progressing with the academy instead of just focusing on the first team which so many people want. The reason I say that is because we are a small city club and the only way forward is through young players coming through like Southampton who used sales like Bale and Chamberlain to build their first team.
I have to say I'm disappointed because right now, I just can't think of a manager who I rate to take over. Names like Di Matteo, Pulis are floating about, but can they build a club - I doubt it? Look at their legacies - nowt.
Clough? on 02:05 - Sep 29 with 3488 viewsOvine

The sacking of Clough is an act of desperation by disappointing and sub-standard management.

I'm prepared/happy to take part in any on -street protests to re-instate Nigel and expedite the early removal of the US vultures.

Anyone else?

Nigel Clough = Derby

Yanks = F**k all.
Clough? on 14:31 - Sep 29 with 3460 viewsRabbram10

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion & I for one ain't losing any sleep over Nigel's sacking, I think a change was needed, who replaces Our Nigel is another debate but I don't think it can be any worse the players needed a shake up & now they have got it!
Clough? on 14:33 - Sep 29 with 3459 viewshemingway

Oh, it can be a lot worse.

ranting for the greater good

Clough? on 15:30 - Sep 29 with 3454 viewsdavram

Clough? on 14:33 - Sep 29 by hemingway

Oh, it can be a lot worse.

Agree, Hem.

Anyone who thinks it "can't be any worse" than with Clough as manager wants to take just a casual look at the trials & tribulations of a few clubs that remain in the headlines for all the wrong reasons - Coventry, Pompey etc.

Snail-rate rebuilding and modern football are not happy bedfellows, and fans will always want success even if it's not realistic for DCFC to compete at the top of the sport any longer.

Clough has kept to his principles and now leaves a very solid foundation - but we all know that owners & directors can trash that all up in a matter of months.

Can Derby fans really trust GSE to take the club forward now, given their track record, and complete oversell of the club season-on-season when the S/T renewal comes around - and afterwards - most recently by Rush?

The club is just a trophy in their portfolio to show off when seeking out yet more networking pardners - that's what they do, that's their business.

It sure ain't football at present, anyway. It might be that the current apathy amongst fans will stifle any organised or meaningful protest - either just against Clough's sacking, or about the dubious long-term ambitions of GSE with regard to DCFC.

They have mega-money - but there's no sign of it coming to "our football club."

DCFC isn't a club, it's just another business deal to GSE, and it's theirs, not ours.
Clough? on 21:17 - Sep 29 with 3416 viewspaulredf58

Clough? on 15:30 - Sep 29 by davram

Agree, Hem.

Anyone who thinks it "can't be any worse" than with Clough as manager wants to take just a casual look at the trials & tribulations of a few clubs that remain in the headlines for all the wrong reasons - Coventry, Pompey etc.

Snail-rate rebuilding and modern football are not happy bedfellows, and fans will always want success even if it's not realistic for DCFC to compete at the top of the sport any longer.

Clough has kept to his principles and now leaves a very solid foundation - but we all know that owners & directors can trash that all up in a matter of months.

Can Derby fans really trust GSE to take the club forward now, given their track record, and complete oversell of the club season-on-season when the S/T renewal comes around - and afterwards - most recently by Rush?

The club is just a trophy in their portfolio to show off when seeking out yet more networking pardners - that's what they do, that's their business.

It sure ain't football at present, anyway. It might be that the current apathy amongst fans will stifle any organised or meaningful protest - either just against Clough's sacking, or about the dubious long-term ambitions of GSE with regard to DCFC.

They have mega-money - but there's no sign of it coming to "our football club."

DCFC isn't a club, it's just another business deal to GSE, and it's theirs, not ours.

Agree with this totally. Which is why I'm worried. Will they jettison the re-building for a quick success and then sell, but leaving a shell of a club behind? One of the good things that Clough managed was to eventually consolidate us as a mid-table team but with lots of potential which is what I bought into as a dream. It sometimes feels like that we, at Derby have had more than our fair share of crap managers who one way or another have left us worse off - even the revered Bald Eagle eventually lost the plot and we ended up with journeymen aplenty. Clough offered a way out by building up the academy again and we are now in a far healthier state than the two previous incumbents left us in. Is this going to be built on or trashed - that is the big issue for me.
Clough? on 01:43 - Sep 30 with 3394 views1960Ram

Why is everyone getting misty-eyed about Nigel Clough? Certainly Clough was an excellent appointment, but it has not worked out; in the last couple of weeks the wheels have fallen off. Clough has been manager for almost five years, and the club has won nothing in that time. We have not looked like winning anything. We have not come close to winning anything. That's why managers get sacked.

Clough was the longest-serving manager in the Championship. We are in 14th place. That means 13 managers have built a better team in a shorter time. OK, that's a crude way of looking at it. So find a Burnley fan and ask him: would you rather have Sean Dyche or Nigel Clough? Most other fans of teams in this league would similarly prefer their incumbent over Nigel.

Unfortunately, Nigel's dad will be remembered for much longer than Nigel himself.
Login to get fewer ads

Clough? (n/t) on 07:26 - Sep 30 with 3387 viewsRabbram10

Well said 1960, totally agree!
[Post edited 30 Sep 2013 7:27]
Clough? on 10:10 - Sep 30 with 3372 viewsjiggyjag

Well at the beginning of the season I was very optimistic that this could really be our year, thought we had put together a decent squad and some quality.

However over recent weeks I feel something isn't right, have the players lost confidence in Clough I thought on Sat we were ok in the 1st half in the 2nd half I thought we were pathetic they could of had 1 at the back we wouldn't of troubled them.

Sometimes a change can be a breath of fresh air and I would rather it happen now when we can still challenge for promotion than in December when we are either fighting relegation or just consolidating for mid table.

I personally would go for Poyet he did wonders at Brighton and there potential is nowhere near what it is at Derby
Clough? on 11:29 - Sep 30 with 3360 viewsRabbram10

Poyet is a good shout but it looks like McClaren is a cert!
I will give him a chance if it is McClaren, hopefully he will be given more backing than Clough had, he's a good coach, not sure about his management qualities but we will soon find out?
A change was needed we were becoming stale under Clough IMO!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024