Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Keeper Needed? 14:58 - Nov 3 with 2084 viewsRabbram10

Grants useless, both goals yesterday were his fault, the first one came from his poor kick out & then he fumbled the shot & the second one cross to the back post six yard box come & punch the ball away, hopeless keeper IMO?
He's cost us some points so far , more than he's gained?

Come on Stevey Mac get it sorted!!
New Keeper Needed? on 21:59 - Nov 3 with 2076 viewsdavram

I got the impression that Steve Mac's instruction was to play the ball out right from the back, and avoid hoofing it up to a target man.

Two problems there, Steve - perhapshis first misjudgements, costing Derby a point yesterday. Our general play deserved that.

1: Derby's defenders CAN'T play the ball out in a Dutch or Prem style, they just ain't good enough. Steve Mac should know that, and scrap that approach.

Just get the players properly coached fordefending, particularly for dead ball situations, and also get them to hurt other teams more with their own free kicks & corners - they all do it to us in EVERY BL**DY GAME!!

2:: Now that we do actually have a regular target man in Martin, I'd think that he is in the team to challenge for any decent clearances from goalie & defenders.

(NB: He's built in his own brief to that job description of falling over most of the time to get free kicks. Refs are already wise to that trick, and they also study the fakers from the TV evidence every week anyway - so get the balance right, Chris)!

Conor Sammon takes the opposite approach and will usually stay on his feet to knock others out of the way in a chase for the ball, a tactic which may prove more successful in the long term.

Let's also give Eric Steele some time to build up the GK department - he has a great track record & knows Grant well. If LG ain't good enough, we'll soon get someone else now - players actually want to join us!
New Keeper Needed? on 00:53 - Nov 7 with 2027 viewsWanChopeTwoChop

I reckon Eric Steele will get him sorted. He can't go from a 'player of the season' last year to rubbish. I think returning to PP has got between his ears.
Once he settles and Eric gets hims going - he will go from strength to strength.

Hope I am right.
New Keeper Needed? on 13:35 - Nov 8 with 2008 viewsRabbram10

I wish I had your confidence Chopy!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024