Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings 11:13 - Jun 14 with 9613 viewsthejack1912

Just interested to see what everyone believes our 3 worst signings have been?

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:24 - Jun 14 with 6123 viewsAl_Bundy

Matt Murphy
The right back from Swindon/Yeovil
Michael Howard
Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:28 - Jun 14 with 6113 viewsthejack1912

Tamas Priskin who we loaned from Ipswich who almost got us a transfer embargo in our first PL transfer window has got to be up there.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2014 11:29]

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:30 - Jun 14 with 6099 viewsAngelRangelQS

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:24 - Jun 14 by Al_Bundy

Matt Murphy
The right back from Swindon/Yeovil
Michael Howard

Amankwaah yeah.

Howard was good for us the year we won Division 3 and Murphy wasn't even the worst signing that summer.

Taking into account the rest of the squad, contribution and cost, I'd go with...

Amankwaaah
Cotterill
That Portuguese Keeper - Moreria
Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:38 - Jun 14 with 6076 viewsDaggyjack

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:30 - Jun 14 by AngelRangelQS

Amankwaah yeah.

Howard was good for us the year we won Division 3 and Murphy wasn't even the worst signing that summer.

Taking into account the rest of the squad, contribution and cost, I'd go with...

Amankwaaah
Cotterill
That Portuguese Keeper - Moreria

Not sure Moreira had a look in to be considered one of the first three signings.
Signed as a bit of a panic measure, we then signed Vorm and Tremmel and he was relegated to our third choice.
Currently playing for Omonia in Cyprus.
Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:42 - Jun 14 with 6065 viewssomersetsimon

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:28 - Jun 14 by thejack1912

Tamas Priskin who we loaned from Ipswich who almost got us a transfer embargo in our first PL transfer window has got to be up there.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2014 11:29]

At least Priskin scored a goal. If we are counting loan signings then surely Shecter and Vasquez must be in with a shout.
Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:46 - Jun 14 with 6052 viewshobo

Darren Way
Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:49 - Jun 14 with 6042 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:42 - Jun 14 by somersetsimon

At least Priskin scored a goal. If we are counting loan signings then surely Shecter and Vasquez must be in with a shout.

As someone who's been watching for donkey's years I'd have to say Aiden Newhouse, Colin McDonald (the 5'5" striker signed my Molby from Scotland) and perm any one from Richie Appleby (most overrated player by our own fans ever in my book) , maybe Amankwaah and Pawel Abbot.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:53 - Jun 14 with 6027 viewsMagic_Michu

Gary Fisken
Vasquez - given the money we paid in loan fee for a truly dreadful player
Aiden Newhouse - Came with big expectations having played for Wimbledon and Fulham... but absolutely terrible

Notable mentions to Tommy Mutton and Michael Jackson too who were both terrible.

How people can suggest Michael Howard as a bad signing when he played 229 games... was in a championship winning team and in a defence that set defensive records.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Login to get fewer ads

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:55 - Jun 14 with 6019 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:46 - Jun 14 by hobo

Darren Way

A bit harsh dude with his injuries then a car crash! But maybe for the best as he may have pushed Leon out of the side/club and altered the course if history as we know it!

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:57 - Jun 14 with 6012 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:53 - Jun 14 by Magic_Michu

Gary Fisken
Vasquez - given the money we paid in loan fee for a truly dreadful player
Aiden Newhouse - Came with big expectations having played for Wimbledon and Fulham... but absolutely terrible

Notable mentions to Tommy Mutton and Michael Jackson too who were both terrible.

How people can suggest Michael Howard as a bad signing when he played 229 games... was in a championship winning team and in a defence that set defensive records.

Forgot about Fisken and Mutton lol

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 12:01 - Jun 14 with 6002 viewsJBT95

Wouldn't say Cotterill was a bad signing at all, he just lost confidence in himself, and then so did Brendan. He scored that cracking free kick against Newcastle at home.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2014 12:01]
Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 12:03 - Jun 14 with 5999 viewsAl_Bundy

Because Matt Bound and Jason Smith covered his arse .
Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 12:08 - Jun 14 with 5982 viewsDr_Winston

Michael Howard's a nice guy. Works as a skills tutor for one of the training providers in town these days.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 12:09 - Jun 14 with 5973 viewsmax936

Shecter is top of the pile for me and its quite a pile, but at the end of the day they all played their part in our history, I was never a fan of Rory can't score Fallon, but some others loved him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 12:16 - Jun 14 with 5953 viewsthejack1912

Jermaine Easter did a better job than Priskin

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 12:36 - Jun 14 with 5906 viewsWarwickHunt

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 12:08 - Jun 14 by Dr_Winston

Michael Howard's a nice guy. Works as a skills tutor for one of the training providers in town these days.

World class at running backwards.
Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 12:38 - Jun 14 with 5900 viewsItchySphincter

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 11:49 - Jun 14 by Brynmill_Jack

As someone who's been watching for donkey's years I'd have to say Aiden Newhouse, Colin McDonald (the 5'5" striker signed my Molby from Scotland) and perm any one from Richie Appleby (most overrated player by our own fans ever in my book) , maybe Amankwaah and Pawel Abbot.

First two that popped in to my head were the same as yours, Newhouse and MacDonald but I liked Oh Richie Richie....Richie Richie Richie Richie Appleby. Would definitely have Tommy Mutton ahead of him in the crapness stakes.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2014 12:39]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 12:46 - Jun 14 with 5886 viewsScoobyWho

There are a lot more than three I can think of.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 13:17 - Jun 14 with 5840 viewsYrAlarch

Pawel Abbott - Bambi on ice
Tommy Mutton - quiet as a lamb
Steve Watkin - missed a sitter in the opening minutes of his debut and never looked back
Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 13:27 - Jun 14 with 5815 viewsTheClash

Paul Chalmers
Tommy Mutton
Aiden Newhouse

Next
Michael Howard
Shecter
i could go on and on

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 13:41 - Jun 14 with 5784 viewsNewhousemustscore

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 12:03 - Jun 14 by Al_Bundy

Because Matt Bound and Jason Smith covered his arse .

It's all about opinions but I really think it's pretty hard to be ever present in a back 4 that kept most clean sheets in the history of a club (at the time) and yet be one of it's all time worst players. Was he really worse than leigh devulght, David Putnam, Matthew Greg, Gary Fiskin, Colin McDonald, Aidan Newhouse, Tommy Mutton,Brian Cash, Jonathon keaveny, David Smith, Terry Evans, Michael Jackson, David Theobold, Charlie hartfield, Leon Hylton, Marcus Bean or Ijah Anderson?
Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 13:43 - Jun 14 with 5775 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 12:38 - Jun 14 by ItchySphincter

First two that popped in to my head were the same as yours, Newhouse and MacDonald but I liked Oh Richie Richie....Richie Richie Richie Richie Appleby. Would definitely have Tommy Mutton ahead of him in the crapness stakes.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2014 12:39]

You are a victim of Appleby's mass hypnosis technique, like 95% of the North Bank were Sunsh. He was very good at it though

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 13:51 - Jun 14 with 5762 viewsLeonisGod

Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 12:16 - Jun 14 by thejack1912

Jermaine Easter did a better job than Priskin

Although that doesn't say much. Nouble did a better job than Priskin, or on second thoughts maybe not.

From my time Rory Fallon would be close. That chap we got from Brighton and then loaned straight out was as pointless as moreira. Maybe the were decent players but we'll never know.
Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 14:10 - Jun 14 with 5732 viewsNeathJack

Pawel Abbott
Christrian McLean
Linton Brown
Top 3 worst ever Swansea City signings on 14:11 - Jun 14 with 5724 viewsNeathJack

I forgot Josh McCeachran.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024