Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
International Break 11:46 - Sep 1 with 6233 viewsMagicDaps

I think this may well be the most internationals we've had away on the international break, here's the fixtures that our first team members will be involved in.

In total Fabianski, Amat, Williams, Fernandez, Taylor, Carroll, Ki, Sigurdsson and Bony will all be involved in international duty.

Wednesday, 3rd September

Friendly - Germany vs Argentina (Fernandez) - 7.45PM

Thursday, 4th September

2015 U21 Qualifier - Hungary vs Spain (Amat) - 3.00PM

Friday, 5th September

Friendly - South Korea vs Venezuela (Ki Sung-Yueng) - 1.00PM
2015 U21 Qualifier - Lithuania vs England (Carroll) - 5.00PM

Saturday, 6th September

ACON Qualifiers - Ivory Coast vs Sierra Leone (Bony) - 6.00PM*

Sunday, 7th September

Euro 2016 Qualifying - Poland vs Gibraltar (Fabianski)

Tuesday, 9th September

Friendly - South Korea vs Uruguay (Ki) - 1.00PM
2015 U21 Qualifier - Moldova vs England (Carroll) - 5.00PM
Euro 2016 Qualifying - Andorra vs Wales (Williams, Taylor) - 6.45PM**
Euro 2016 Qualifying - Iceland vs Turkey (Sigurdsson) - 7.45PM
2015 U21 Qualifier - Spain vs Austria (Amat) - 8.00PM

Wednesday, 10th September

ACON Qualifiers - Cameroon vs Ivory Coast (Bony) - 3.00PM

* - game in doubt
** - game could be relocated

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

International Break on 12:00 - Sep 1 with 4893 viewsperchrockjack

hate this international stuff

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

International Break on 16:56 - Sep 2 with 4666 viewsMagicDaps

Bad news regarding Wilfried Bony, as the government of the Ivory Coast are now happy for the Sierra Leone game to go ahead on Saturday which means he's very likely to miss February.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29028285

International Break on 18:56 - Sep 3 with 4563 viewsMagicDaps

Federico Fernandez starts for Argentina tonight against Germany, I'm sure there'll be plenty of streams online for this one.

Argentina XI: Romero, Demicheles, Fernandez, Zabaleta, Rojo, Mascherano, Perez, Biglia, Lamela, Di Maria, Aguero

Germany XI: Neuer, Howedes, Ginter, Durm, Grosskreutz, Kroos, Kramer, Draxler, Schurrle, Reus, Gomez

International Break on 19:20 - Sep 3 with 4532 viewsSwansNZ

I didn’t realise there were so many games on in the middle of next week. So, we don’t get our players back for training until Thursday at least. Why are the games not played over the weekend?

I wonder if Chelsea have any international players.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

International Break on 19:25 - Sep 3 with 4521 viewsSwan91

International Break on 19:20 - Sep 3 by SwansNZ

I didn’t realise there were so many games on in the middle of next week. So, we don’t get our players back for training until Thursday at least. Why are the games not played over the weekend?

I wonder if Chelsea have any international players.

I think it's euro 2016 qualifier matches next week so a lot of premier league teams including Chelsea won't get their players back in training till Thursday.

I don't know about non European countries though, maybe they have friendlies at the same time? Or some other qualifier matches for a different tournament.
International Break on 19:31 - Sep 3 with 4510 viewsSwansNZ

International Break on 19:25 - Sep 3 by Swan91

I think it's euro 2016 qualifier matches next week so a lot of premier league teams including Chelsea won't get their players back in training till Thursday.

I don't know about non European countries though, maybe they have friendlies at the same time? Or some other qualifier matches for a different tournament.

But why have the Euros next week, and not this weekend - or are there games being played on the weekend, but Wales don't have one?

International Break on 19:32 - Sep 3 with 4505 viewsNeathJack

Bony is playing next Wednesday so I would imagine that Gomis will start at Chelsea.
International Break on 19:34 - Sep 3 with 4501 viewsmatt_the_jack

International Break on 19:31 - Sep 3 by SwansNZ

But why have the Euros next week, and not this weekend - or are there games being played on the weekend, but Wales don't have one?

For this tournament qualifying matches there will be games played over 4 days I think. From Sunday to Wednesday

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

Login to get fewer ads

International Break on 19:49 - Sep 3 with 4482 viewshobo

Fernandez starts for Argentina v Germany
International Break on 19:58 - Sep 3 with 4461 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's hope the entire Sierra Leone team have been tested negative for Ebola before they were allowed anywhere near Wilf.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

International Break on 20:00 - Sep 3 with 4461 viewsMagicDaps

International Break on 19:32 - Sep 3 by NeathJack

Bony is playing next Wednesday so I would imagine that Gomis will start at Chelsea.

I'd say so, considering he's in Africa has may not even get time to train.

Fabianski's European qualifying game is on the weekend so he should be back nice and early.

Fernandez is currently on BT sport, he's the right sided centre back. Decent stream here - http://cricfree.sx/bt-sport-1.php

International Break on 20:00 - Sep 3 with 4460 viewsNeathJack

International Break on 19:58 - Sep 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's hope the entire Sierra Leone team have been tested negative for Ebola before they were allowed anywhere near Wilf.

I'm sure I read that Sierra Leone have agreed that only foreign based players will be used.

Not sure about the coaching staff etc though.
International Break on 20:01 - Sep 3 with 4459 viewsSwansNZ

I believe they all play abroad, and none have been back there. Some staff came from SL, and were tested

International Break on 20:01 - Sep 3 with 4455 viewsMagicDaps

They will be according to the BBC, and they've picked a team of players playing outside Sierra Leone to minimise the risk. He'll be fine.

International Break on 20:01 - Sep 3 with 4449 viewsJethroJack

International Break on 19:49 - Sep 3 by hobo

Fernandez starts for Argentina v Germany

Nice of his national manager to give him some match practice to sharpen him up.
International Break on 03:18 - Sep 4 with 4346 viewsphact0rri

International Break on 20:01 - Sep 3 by SwansNZ

I believe they all play abroad, and none have been back there. Some staff came from SL, and were tested

Waits so thats a NO on the Hazmat suit kits? I was hoping!

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

International Break on 07:27 - Sep 4 with 4312 viewsMattG

There's only an hour time difference between us and Sierra Leone so it's probably more down to how long Wilf plays on Wednesday than the travelling itself as to whether he could start against Chelsea. If he was playing in South America or the Far East then that would be a different matter.

That said, it makes a wonderful change to have such a quality alternative in Gomis.
International Break on 08:35 - Sep 4 with 4280 viewsKennedy

Might be 1 hour difference but it's a 6-7 hour flight. With passport controls he is in the airport for 10 hours etc so be back Thursday and we travel on the Friday.

Just call me JFK

International Break on 10:23 - Sep 4 with 4230 viewsMattG

International Break on 08:35 - Sep 4 by Kennedy

Might be 1 hour difference but it's a 6-7 hour flight. With passport controls he is in the airport for 10 hours etc so be back Thursday and we travel on the Friday.

Agree with that but it's usually the time difference / jet lag that scuppers players rather than the time actually spent travelling itself.

Presumably he'll be travelling with the squad anyway so, unless he plays the full 90 minutes or (God forbid) picks up a knock, I don't see why he can't play a good part against Chelsea.
International Break on 10:35 - Sep 4 with 4216 viewsSTEVE1

International Break on 10:23 - Sep 4 by MattG

Agree with that but it's usually the time difference / jet lag that scuppers players rather than the time actually spent travelling itself.

Presumably he'll be travelling with the squad anyway so, unless he plays the full 90 minutes or (God forbid) picks up a knock, I don't see why he can't play a good part against Chelsea.

Flyb straight into London so avoids the 3/4 hour journey up from Swansea to London.
International Break on 14:02 - Sep 4 with 4161 viewsMagicDaps

International Break on 07:27 - Sep 4 by MattG

There's only an hour time difference between us and Sierra Leone so it's probably more down to how long Wilf plays on Wednesday than the travelling itself as to whether he could start against Chelsea. If he was playing in South America or the Far East then that would be a different matter.

That said, it makes a wonderful change to have such a quality alternative in Gomis.

It's more the case of the time of the flight and how late in the week the game is, Wilf will probably only be involved in a light training session on Friday before the game.

International Break on 14:17 - Sep 4 with 4154 viewsMiniSwan

I can see Wilf starting but maybe only playing just over an hour
International Break on 14:58 - Sep 4 with 4125 viewsMagicDaps

Spain U21's kick off in five minutes, but Jordi Amat is only on the bench. Marc Muniesa (Stoke) has got in the side ahead of him despite only playing 10 minutes this season as opposed to Jordi Amat exceptional 270 minutes in our side.

International Break on 16:43 - Sep 4 with 4098 viewsMattG

International Break on 14:58 - Sep 4 by MagicDaps

Spain U21's kick off in five minutes, but Jordi Amat is only on the bench. Marc Muniesa (Stoke) has got in the side ahead of him despite only playing 10 minutes this season as opposed to Jordi Amat exceptional 270 minutes in our side.

You sure he's on the bench? He said on Twitter earlier today that he couldn't play as he was suspended (2 yellow cards).
International Break on 17:32 - Sep 4 with 4072 viewsMagicDaps

International Break on 16:43 - Sep 4 by MattG

You sure he's on the bench? He said on Twitter earlier today that he couldn't play as he was suspended (2 yellow cards).

I assumed he was on the bench as there's usually 12 subs for U21 internationals, I hadn't heard that which would explain his absence.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024