Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
second chances 21:53 - Dec 5 with 5267 viewsonlyrinmoray

I wonder whether Seb Polter and Samba Diakite will get a look in with the new boss They dont seem to be doing much definitely on the naughty step
second chances on 22:39 - Dec 5 with 5206 viewsThGrimRanger

would love to know what went wrong with Polter. he was a bit of a rough diamond but with the lack of attacking options there has to be a bit more to his lack of opportunities.

I went to the Carlisle game for my sins and it was a shocker but no worse than we normally get in the first round of cup comps.

there did seem to be a fall-out with some players finding their place in the pecking order seriously affected after that performance. Gobern and Furlong were loaned out straight afterwards and Hoilett + Polter lost their place on the bench. Not seen Greco-Cox or Kpekawa since neither.

TheGrimRanger

second chances on 22:39 - Dec 5 with 5205 viewsnyhoops

unsure about polter from what we've seen but i've always felt that diakite deserves a spot in the squad. will be tough finding room for him now though, with sandro and faurlin forming a formidable duo and doughty right behind them.
second chances on 23:09 - Dec 5 with 5124 viewsWatford_Ranger

Diakite, at the age of 26, has 86 career appearances and apart from a short loan spell at Watford whose fans described him as the worst player they had ever seen, his only football for about three years has been a handful of games in Saudi Arabia. It's not going to happen. Another expensive mistake.
second chances on 23:09 - Dec 5 with 5115 viewsHollowayRanger

traore to get a 30th chance!!!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

second chances on 02:00 - Dec 6 with 5023 viewsTacticalR

I don't think Diakité's kit issues were ever resolved. Somebody at the club needs to look into Diakité's shorts.

Air hostess clique

second chances on 04:13 - Dec 6 with 4973 viewsBlueandWhiteRiot

second chances on 23:09 - Dec 5 by Watford_Ranger

Diakite, at the age of 26, has 86 career appearances and apart from a short loan spell at Watford whose fans described him as the worst player they had ever seen, his only football for about three years has been a handful of games in Saudi Arabia. It's not going to happen. Another expensive mistake.

I would not say expensive mistake, because i don't think this was foreseeable. This is like buying a player who has this misfortune of breaking both legs. It is a shame the club has not done enough to sort his head. Not sure about Sebb, get the feeling the club bought him in as they wanted to play two up front and Charlie wasn't going to be around. I guess he like Godwin will have to wait until maybe next season to get their turn.
second chances on 18:53 - Dec 6 with 4671 viewsenfieldargh

second chances on 02:00 - Dec 6 by TacticalR

I don't think Diakité's kit issues were ever resolved. Somebody at the club needs to look into Diakité's shorts.

is that before or after training?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

second chances on 13:38 - Dec 7 with 4356 viewsfrancisbowles

Strange how Diakite featured considerably during preseason, even scoring 2 or 3 goals only then to be completely ignored, not even making the bench for a cup match. I don't think he has been loaned out either.

Maybe JFH can get him to study Sandro and see if we can salvage something.
Login to get fewer ads

second chances on 13:53 - Dec 7 with 4303 viewsMick_S

We are entertaining Charlton at U-21 level today - may be a good chance to have a look at a couple of players on the fringe.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

second chances on 13:54 - Dec 7 with 4303 viewsbosh67

Diakite is a very fine player with a lot of issues in his head, but surely in this day and age solvable to the point of getting him in the right frame of mind to be a real asset. In his first season, despite his lack of tackling timing he looked like he could be the new Patrick Viera. As ever, poorly handled. Saw him in pre-season games and he was the best player on the pitch.

Polter is a really odd one. Again, poorly handled. I thought he had real potential but he has been marginalised for various reasons. Hopefully under JFH he and JET will once again get their chances.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

second chances on 14:06 - Dec 7 with 4261 viewsAitch

JET seemed to do we'll , when given the chance. Seb the Loon looked ok coming off the bench. Both deserved more opportunities than they've been given imo. Hopefully JFH will start with a clean slate and not let others at the club dictate who's on Santa's naughty list.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

second chances on 14:24 - Dec 7 with 4232 viewsRs_Holy

second chances on 13:54 - Dec 7 by bosh67

Diakite is a very fine player with a lot of issues in his head, but surely in this day and age solvable to the point of getting him in the right frame of mind to be a real asset. In his first season, despite his lack of tackling timing he looked like he could be the new Patrick Viera. As ever, poorly handled. Saw him in pre-season games and he was the best player on the pitch.

Polter is a really odd one. Again, poorly handled. I thought he had real potential but he has been marginalised for various reasons. Hopefully under JFH he and JET will once again get their chances.

I think Traore and Diakete are lost causes... They will be free agents at the end of this season so will no doubt not want to play the further the season goes on.
As for Polter, maybe he's homesick? Disillusioned with English footy? Or simply suffering a crisis of confidence?
Either way all these players are fundamentally flawed (in one way or another)... If they never play again for the Hoops it wouldn't be a bad thing for us OR them!
second chances on 14:32 - Dec 7 with 4208 viewsfrancisbowles

second chances on 14:24 - Dec 7 by Rs_Holy

I think Traore and Diakete are lost causes... They will be free agents at the end of this season so will no doubt not want to play the further the season goes on.
As for Polter, maybe he's homesick? Disillusioned with English footy? Or simply suffering a crisis of confidence?
Either way all these players are fundamentally flawed (in one way or another)... If they never play again for the Hoops it wouldn't be a bad thing for us OR them!

I won't pretend to understand what is happening inside Daikite's head but there is a fine player in there somewhere. However, if he doesn't manage any game time, anywhere, this season then who is going to offer him a contract, even if he is a free agent?
second chances on 15:57 - Dec 7 with 4119 viewsRs_Holy

second chances on 14:32 - Dec 7 by francisbowles

I won't pretend to understand what is happening inside Daikite's head but there is a fine player in there somewhere. However, if he doesn't manage any game time, anywhere, this season then who is going to offer him a contract, even if he is a free agent?

He probably doesn't care?... I'd imagine he has enough money to buy a palace in Mali and live a very comfortable life style for the foreseeable!
Yes he has got all the physical attributes but I'm afraid that’s where it ends with Samba.... very sad!
second chances on 16:47 - Dec 7 with 4053 viewsDiscodroids

Real shame about Diakite.

Receiving Tens of thousands of pounds per week in return for him drinking his own piss from a kilner jar with tin foil on his head , must have taken his toll on him.

as a supporter , it certainly has on me for 4 years .

A fine player?, I remember him having a decent game against arsenal a few years ago.

this thread comes around about every 6 months like groundhog day .. think ive read a few times that he is on somewhere between £15-£25,00 per week . Nifty over 4 years. 2o odd games with us in that time.

Cant wait to finally see the back of him and parasitic face hugger Traore.

This famous linguist once said that of all the phrases in the English language, of all the endless combinations of words in all of history, that "cellar door" is the most beautiful. Bollox to that "This morning QPR announced they have released Armand Traore and Samba Diakite" will be far more beautiful.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2015 16:51]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

second chances on 16:53 - Dec 7 with 4042 viewsqprphil

New manager usually means a clean slate for everyone. Diakite, there is a good player in there somewhere, will Jimmy be able to find him, I hope so. He imo could be a fantastic player for us, ( I said could ) find that player Jimmy.!!!!!!!
second chances on 16:56 - Dec 7 with 4038 viewsjc67

Have seen Samba play twice for the U21's in the last few weeks including todays 1-0 defeat by Charlton. Against Ipswich two weeks ago he was the stand out player by a mile. Playing just in front of the back four he ran the game and put in a number of surging runs as well. A very sound performance today. Seems to have curtailed most of his 'aggressive tendencies'. In my view well worth a place on the bench.
second chances on 17:01 - Dec 7 with 4026 viewsPunteR

second chances on 16:56 - Dec 7 by jc67

Have seen Samba play twice for the U21's in the last few weeks including todays 1-0 defeat by Charlton. Against Ipswich two weeks ago he was the stand out player by a mile. Playing just in front of the back four he ran the game and put in a number of surging runs as well. A very sound performance today. Seems to have curtailed most of his 'aggressive tendencies'. In my view well worth a place on the bench.

I'd like to see him given one more chance...just to be sure like.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

second chances on 17:17 - Dec 7 with 4008 viewsJamie

Polter seemingly persona non-grata after going public wth what most fans were saying as well - namely why the fck did we have 4CMs on the bench rather than a striker.

Wouldn't be surprised if that hit a nerve higher up than Ramsey, as he's not been included by Warnock either.
second chances on 17:45 - Dec 7 with 3972 viewsNorthernr

second chances on 16:56 - Dec 7 by jc67

"Seems to have curtailed most of his aggressive tendencies."

That was the point of Samba! Samba Diakite doesn't want to be passed the ball he wants to hunt. Can't just suppress 25 years of gut instinct.

This post has been edited by an administrator
second chances on 17:51 - Dec 7 with 3960 viewssimmo

second chances on 17:17 - Dec 7 by Jamie

Polter seemingly persona non-grata after going public wth what most fans were saying as well - namely why the fck did we have 4CMs on the bench rather than a striker.

Wouldn't be surprised if that hit a nerve higher up than Ramsey, as he's not been included by Warnock either.

To be fair none of the 'big names' were included under Warnock - Chery, Luongo, JET, Tozser and Polter were all set aside - basically anyone that had potential rather than being an end product.

A mantra from JFH so far has been very much about hard work - something that Polter definitely seemed to have in the fleeting appearances he's made so far. That might give him a chance. Fact is, as the last few weeks have shown, we're going to need him and it's a chance for a clean slate.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

second chances on 00:58 - Dec 8 with 3806 viewsLazyFan

second chances on 13:38 - Dec 7 by francisbowles

Strange how Diakite featured considerably during preseason, even scoring 2 or 3 goals only then to be completely ignored, not even making the bench for a cup match. I don't think he has been loaned out either.

Maybe JFH can get him to study Sandro and see if we can salvage something.

Hi,
Not strange. They tried to make him look good to flog him or offload for free. It didn't work. One look at his record shows you he a massive risk.

Source: http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=54042

If you select the season button you can see he gets cards all the time. And then when you see he does not play regular and hear stories that he has mental health issues. No way would you take the risk on him. He has to go and he will. Another waste like TRAORE.

Also one could speculate that Yun SUK-YOUNG is being played so, we can get him off the books in Jan with a free transfer back to the far east. At least Henry being forced out in the last year of his contract might get him moved on a free in Jan as well.

Slowly but surly we are clearing out the no-value players :)

zzzzzzzzzz

second chances on 01:25 - Dec 8 with 3794 viewskensalriser

second chances on 00:58 - Dec 8 by LazyFan

Hi,
Not strange. They tried to make him look good to flog him or offload for free. It didn't work. One look at his record shows you he a massive risk.

Source: http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=54042

If you select the season button you can see he gets cards all the time. And then when you see he does not play regular and hear stories that he has mental health issues. No way would you take the risk on him. He has to go and he will. Another waste like TRAORE.

Also one could speculate that Yun SUK-YOUNG is being played so, we can get him off the books in Jan with a free transfer back to the far east. At least Henry being forced out in the last year of his contract might get him moved on a free in Jan as well.

Slowly but surly we are clearing out the no-value players :)

We will soon replace them with more no-value players as we always do.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024