Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You thought Warbs came out with some right old b*llocks? 12:06 - Dec 21 with 2658 viewsDieByYourSide

Pick the bones out of this...

Poll: And it's hi ho

You thought Warbs came out with some right old b*llocks? on 13:28 - Dec 21 with 2521 viewsSimonJames

100% of people who drink water will die.

You thought Warbs came out with some right old b*llocks? on 13:35 - Dec 21 with 2486 viewskernowhoop

He is 'under pressure'.
You thought Warbs came out with some right old b*llocks? on 13:43 - Dec 21 with 2472 viewsDannyPaddox

You thought Warbs came out with some right old b*llocks? on 13:35 - Dec 21 by kernowhoop

He is 'under pressure'.

100%
You thought Warbs came out with some right old b*llocks? on 13:44 - Dec 21 with 2469 viewsbosh67

I've been winding up my Arsenal mates saying they need that Ole Gunnar Solskjær bloke.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

You thought Warbs came out with some right old b*llocks? on 13:46 - Dec 21 with 2456 viewsPinnerPaul

You thought Warbs came out with some right old b*llocks? on 13:44 - Dec 21 by bosh67

I've been winding up my Arsenal mates saying they need that Ole Gunnar Solskjær bloke.

or that Arsene Wenger bloke!
You thought Warbs came out with some right old b*llocks? on 17:50 - Dec 21 with 2280 viewsqpr_1968

christ..

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

You thought Warbs came out with some right old b*llocks? on 00:50 - Dec 22 with 2123 viewstimcocking

What an absolute tw@t.
You thought Warbs came out with some right old b*llocks? on 07:47 - Dec 22 with 2021 viewsdaveB

This is the way football is going, obsessed with numbers and stats and not realising the game is actually quite simple.
Login to get fewer ads

You thought Warbs came out with some right old b*llocks? on 08:22 - Dec 22 with 1983 viewsHunterhoop

You thought Warbs came out with some right old b*llocks? on 07:47 - Dec 22 by daveB

This is the way football is going, obsessed with numbers and stats and not realising the game is actually quite simple.

Also that football, as a professional sport, is, relatively speaking, full of idiots. I’ve no problem with stats, but you need the context and to know how they’ve been reached. Upon what data is that probability of winning and losing based?

Possession? Well, we all know that’s irrelevant.

Expected Goals? Firstly, how is that calculated? Almost always the ExG is lower than actual goals scored, so the calculation has an inherent problem to begin. Does it take into account the ability of the players those chances fall to? If not, there’s another flaw. Upon what historical data does it calculate the probability of a goal from a chance? How big is the sample.

It’s like the short corner stat...my favourite example of football not being smart enough to play with stats. Supposedly the reason for short corners is that the probability of scoring from a cross from the corner/edge of the box is far greater than the corner spot, so you work it closer before delivering. The problem is that data came from all crosses, including open play, when typically there’s far fewer defenders in the box and not always two defenders to come out to close down the cross. So, it’s completely useless as a piece of data for deciding the type of corner to take.

Ultimately, part of the reason we all love football is there are many ways to skin the cat. It’s what makes it so interesting.

The only metric of how good your method is, is the league table. We all know it’s not a level playing field though so sometimes you’ve done well even if you finish bottom half or just survive. That’s fine too.

However, if you’re underperforming your budget and low in the table, there is no escaping you are failing as a manager/coach.
You thought Warbs came out with some right old b*llocks? on 08:35 - Dec 22 with 1969 viewsPhildo

Arsenal are doing wonderful things do Wengers reputation- perhaps they should have appointed Piers Morgan when the great man was finally forced out.
You thought Warbs came out with some right old b*llocks? on 09:01 - Dec 22 with 1929 viewshantssi

As they say, be careful what you wish for!
Chasing 4th place and winning the odd cup must be looking pretty good right now!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024